L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 2/21/2012 12:09:00 PM

This mascara provided my lashes with excellent length and volume with minimal clumps, but this also flakes like mad all day long. I can handle the occasional flake, but this mascara literally sheds off and it looks so gross. Additionally this mascara dried up within 2 weeks of opening it. Definitely not a repurchase and I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their money on this mascara.

on 2/13/2012 8:22:00 AM

I don't know whether i would buy this mascara again. Yes, it gives my lashes a lot of volume, but they're not nicely separated and they look spiky and a bit fake. This already happens, when I apply just slightly too much. That's not the look I'm going for. I guess there are women who are going for this (nothing wrong with that). I would suggest this mascara for those women. Otherwise I wouldn't really recommend it.

on 2/8/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is soooooo clumpy its insane!! Will never buy again, definitely not worth the money at all!!

on 2/2/2012 4:20:00 PM

This is an Ok mascara in my opinion. I don't absolutely love it, which was disappointing. I haven't had any problem with flaking but I'm not fond of the way it makes my lashes look. I have pretty good lashes and this makes them look spiky and the formula makes them really hard. It gives some pretty good length though. And if you take a comb through your lashes right after applying the mascara you can get rid of some of the spikiness. I'll stick with L'Oreal's Voluminous false lashes, even though they flake after a while.

on 1/25/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a good mascara if you don't want a lot of color and/or lenght. otherwise i does not do anything IMO

on 1/25/2012 8:51:00 PM

I like this mascara, I don't love it, but like is a good thing right? my hg is voluminous, and i'm not sure if this is better or not..it doesn't clump nor flake on me, the brush is nice except slightly large for my bottom lashes so I usually use a bottom lash mascara. Its the 2nd best drugstore mascara that i've tried, so ill prolly swap between this and voluminous

on 1/25/2012 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

*Update*
After finishing the bottle I had I realized I didn't give this product a chance and was totally wrong! This is now my favorite mascara lol! I scrape the wand on the side before applying so it doesn't clump, and when used with an eyelash curler it makes my lashes longer than any other mascara does. I def spoke too soon and will be using this as my main mascara.

One of the worst mascaras I've tried. Other than the clumping and flaking, my eyelashes look no different after putting it on! And I have short thin lashes. It gave me no length or volume whatsoever. Plus the wand is a terrible mess of bristles. Complete waste of money. Shoulda stuck with Maybelline Falsies.

on 1/25/2012 11:03:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Flakes like hell, but really, really does the job!
Adds tons of volume, length, curl and is kind to the lashes. Does dry out quickly! If it wouldn't flake it would be fabulous!
Timesaver as well!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Note: Not all women are looking for the same thing in their mascaras. I basically want something that'll give me false-looking lashes. I want volume, curl, something that makes it look like I have 100more lashes than I do, and separation.
This mascara is toted to be good for volume and I didn't care for it. There was no oomph to my normal mascara (I work this over). It can flake after a while but does last all day. I think that's the only positive part to this mascara besides the beautiful packaging. Over all it'll probably get thrown away in a drawer and eventually tossed in the trash. Others might like this but it's a no-go for me.

on 12/30/2011 6:15:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara!! I LOVE the bottle its packaged in.. its very sleek and black and it reminds me kind of like a torpedo or a missile!

The mascara itself is on the thicker side and its very lengthening and voluminizing. The only small issue I have for this stuff is the smell is really weird... I cant quite describe it other than just not natural!

This mascara reminds me a ton of the lancome hypnose drama mascara in almost every way. I would say that they are very comparable.