August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by cassidihess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved my Waterproof Eyeliner Pen! I was a little worried after reading some negative reviews, but figured that for a dollar I could give it a try. It's lasted 3 months now and still works great. Dries quickly, doesn't smudge, applies easily, and is easy to carry around. Definitely one of my all time favorite beauty products!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ahuang300

I like how this eyeliner is only $1, however you definitely get what you pay for. I loved how this liner looked one my eyes after a few uses, but over time the tip of the pen gets misshapen which makes it difficult to draw a precise line. Also, it isn't exactly waterproof. It still smudges and makes me look like a panda after I contact water. While it's not as bad as nonwaterproof liners, it still isn't "waterproof". I wore this to the gym today and had a dark ring under my eyes after 20 minutes of stairs- even though I only wore a little bit on my upper lash line. The liquid is not that watery which I like because the line is not as opaque and dark making it easier to fix possible liner mistakes. I will not repurchase because I'd rather spend a little bit more on an eyeliner that would last longer and actually stay on my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by megmo1571

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was generally terrible! The liner came out grey and faded and ran out completely before I'd even used it the first time. Very cheap at only 1.50 but considering the product didn't work at all it is very poor value for money & I may as well have put my 1.50 in the rubbish.

Seems to me that a few items from ELF are very good value but you have to select carefully.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by sherysse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this. I haven't even gotten out of the house when it started to smudge. Plus, the tip starts to lose firmness after three uses. I'm not buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by smellsdelicious

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use on my eyebrows. I have medium skin, brown hair, and sparse brown eyebrows. This works great to fill in, shape, and define my brows. I draw light, little lines and it looks natural and neat. Plus, the fine felt tip makes it easier to be precise, and the product last a long time on my eyebrows without smearing. I took off one star, because the tip dries out and dulls (not too much) quickly. But at a dollar a piece, I can afford to buy a new one every week if a if I need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by jaynell24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i already bought twice and it never dried out. I store it upside down and I shake it before I use it. The only problem I have is the felt tip, it's broken after several uses. but it's okay since it's only a buck.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kanezacandia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was told about this ELF product through a email i received. They suggested I try this ,so I brought it online .When I received the eyeliner I was excited to use it, but their was absolutely no product.I didn't show up.I used water to revive but it didn't work .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As said by others, this product does tend to dry out quickly or it comes right out of the packaging dry. I have had the purple one in my stash drawer for a long time and just opened it yesterday. It went on fine this morning and didn't seem dry at all. I also have the brown one and it's not dry either so maybe it's just the black one that ends up drying out, though not sure why it would just be that color. After wearing the purple all day (going on 12 hours now) it's still in place. The only smudging is in the outer corner where all of my eyeliner smudges by the end of the day so I won't discount this for doing that. I think for the price it's a good choice.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

General information about my eyes: warm-toned darker skin with inwardly-folded semi-mono asian eyelids.

I bought this pen in black because (I thought - maybe I got the wrong product) it got a good review from Beautypedia and at $1 it was dirt cheap. I got what I paid for; perhaps with $2 it would have covered both eyes. The product itself is not bad, the black is rich and covers well - when you can get anything out of the pen. Usually the flow of color petered out right after I finished one eye, leaving me with nothing a light greyish smudge on the other. No amount of storing head-down or shaking would solve this problem until at least a couple of hours had passed.

On top of that, the felt tip of the pen, which was very precise and useful at first, unravelled very quickly. This may have been in part due to my frustrated efforts to use the dried out pen tip on my second eye after the liquid pigment had already dried out.

I want to add here that I am not a heavy makeup user, nor was I making wingtips or cat eyes or anything else dramatic. I am relatively tan and can get away with using black eyeliner lightly for a natural eye look, which is what I was going for with this pen. And again, with what product I could get out of the pen, I was relatively satisfied with.

While it is waterproof, I found that on my normal-to-dry eyelids it did significantly fade fairly quickly. I always use a primer (TFSI) before putting on any eye makeup, so I can only assume that without the primer, the lifespan of this eyeliner would have been even shorter than the 4 or less hours it did actually last.

For a short-term look, or if you have the time to reapply frequently, this eyeliner is okay - so long as you buy two pens, one for each eye. At $2 it won't break the bank, either. But as someone who has neither the time nor patience to reapply eyeliner mid-day, however, and since having upgraded to higher end drugstore brands, I won't be looking back at this one, not unless they significantly improve the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not a bad product by any means but the pigmentation is lacking. I can see this being good for someone lighter than myself (nc50). But for me, I need smth more pigmented like the essence liquid liner.