E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 11/4/2012 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love this product! I used to use pencil eyeliner on most days and save the liquid liner for when I had a lot of time to trouble shoot, but this pen makes application so easy that I use it all the time now. I get that clean liquid eyeliner look with all the ease of using a pencil--amazing, especially considering the $1 price tag! It is not near as dark as I would like, however, so only four stars. I will definitely repurchase, although I'd love to hear from someone who knows a darker DS liquid eyeliner with the same ease of application.

EDIT: Eh, it only worked well for like 2 weeks. Not repurchasing. Gave it 2 stars because it works well initially and is cheap to buy in a pinch if you forgot your liner or something.

on 10/26/2012 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This worked well for a little while, the tip got a bit deformed after a FEW uses, the ink was a bit light & I had to go over again!

on 10/26/2012 12:15:00 AM

The formula of the liner is actually good. It's waterproof & I even experimented with filling in the waterline of my top lids with good results. Looked really good & didn't smudge. The packaging on this is just SO AWFUL, though. The felt tip dries up so easily & to get it wet you really have to shake it. Well I did this then I opened the cap & ended up with black, waterproof eyeliner splattered on my white bathroom wall. What a pita to clean up & I still can see it faintly on the wall. So if they fixed the packaging I would buy this again, but I'm too scared it.

on 10/21/2012 5:28:00 PM

This ran out of ink so fast. Not too happy

on 10/19/2012 7:36:00 PM

this pen sucks!
so dry you cant get a smooth line skips like crazy and looks horrible after application
but for a dollar it wasnt that hard to chuck it in the trash
will not repurchase

on 10/6/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was hoping this product would work and it did.. Until it dried out the second time I used it. I liked the idea of it, it worked well, but it's a miss for me. There's a chance I'll try it again in the future, maybe it was just one of those few that dried while it was being packaged or something.

on 9/29/2012 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE E.L.F. The waterproof pen is amazing. If you want your eyeliner to glide on easily and for it to stand out, this is what you need to buy. Granted, the "waterproof" part isn't entirely true. I was stuck in the rain once and it ran. But if you set it with powder, it will work great. Also, the price can't be beat. Only other complaint I have is that it ran out relatively fast, or maybe because I love doing cat eyes and used it alot :D

on 9/29/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just got this product. I used it for one time. You have to shake and shake the item so that you can get the product. You can line one eye, and then keep on shaking so you can line the other eye. You have to repeat the process over and over so that you can get a consistent color for both eyes. The price for this is cheap, however, no matter how cheap the price is, this liner is just so not worth it. Going to the bin.

on 9/22/2012 8:33:00 PM

Calling this eyeliner waterproof is a joke. I used it a few times and I could not get over how it made me have panda eyes within 3 hours. The liner smudges and gets above the crease of my eyes so it looks like I drew 2 lines instead of one. The pen is made pretty sturdy on the grip, but the "brush" tip applicator was bad. When I start to draw my line, it started to splay out a bit, making my lines either too thin or too thick no matter how much I adjust the pressure. This is probably one of the worst eyeliners I have ever tried. Never again.

on 9/14/2012 2:17:00 PM

I ordered 4 of these and ALL of them dried up within 2-3 days of me opening them. They were all different colors, so I thought that one would at least work.