March 1, 2015 | 2003 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew - Nude Delight

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by DevonBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG nude lipstick. I have really pale skin and nude lipsticks can sometimes make me look deathly ill, but this one is just the right shade. It's a lovely light caramel colour and the consistency is really creamy. It doesn't dry my lips out and it stays on for a long time too. I usually line my lips with a similar colour liner, then fill them in with this and add a dash of lighter lipgloss on the bottom lip to make my lips look bigger. I think this colour would look great on most skin tones. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

EDIT: I don't really enjoy this lipstick anymore. I think just liked it initially because it was shiny and new item for me to play with. But the product isn't great for me. The formula is too thin, not creamy or opaque enough. Because of its thinness and lack of opacity, it is blotchy looking and your entire lip isn't one uniform colour. The pigmentation is low. It can never reach opaqueness, no matter how many coats I reapply. (Or let it dry and reapply, because it never really drys either) This wasn't what I was looking for in a good lipstick, I wanted opaqueness. I guess I'll go for a Revlon Matte next. But this MAY suit someone who has lightly pigmented lips, mine are only medium (not even dark) and it still isn't opaque on me! But I wouldn't even recommend this to someone looking for a sheer lipstick like Revlon lip butters, because it just leaves the cracks of your lips all fleshy while sitting on the rest of your lips on top. :/

Caps locks used in this review are not of shouting, they are to highlight key words for people who may just want to skim the review. :)

Price: I got it for around $7.60 at the Chemist Warehouse in Australia, which is really cheap for lipstick for Australian standards considering most American "drugstore" lipsticks are around $22.

Packaging Quality: I can see why some people enjoy the packaging but I'm not a massive fan of metallic purple. It's not cheap looking, I would personally just prefer classic/simple packaging like Revlon over this is all.

So after just buying it I've just put it on, this is basically a FIRST IMPRESSIONS REVIEW for now. :)

The first thing I noticed putting it on was that it glided on easily (buttery) and felt moisturizing, which I was immediately excited by because it's a matte lipstick!

Another thing I noticed was that the pigmentation was not too high, not low, after a few swipes you can build up to a medium - full opaqueness, but I'll just compare to Revlon again (as I probably will do a few more times in this review), it's not as pigmentation as Revlon's. I'm using Revlon as a comparison because I feel a lot of people have their lipsticks.

So that's all I've noticed so far, I'll be sure to watch out for it sliding around my face which some reviews have commented on. But I doubt that will happen because it's not a very windy day. And in my opinion, it's almost impossible to have a moisturizing lipstick that stays put, because the point of moisture is OIL, so it's bound to move around unless you have something confining an oil, and in that case I would just use a lip liner! Easy.

Also, I mentioned the pigmentation before, but I honestly do not mind having to put a few more swipes on, I like being able to choose the opaqueness of my lipstick, (because it's not like it's as sheer as a lipgloss or something!) I like to choose the opaqueness because lipsticks are ARE dramatic! This may only be a nude that defects from your lips are focuses people to your eyes, but if this nude is too much of a matte opaque colour people will notice, so I want to decide the intensity of my lip. Just a personal opinion. It's not overly translucent anyway haha.

SKIN TONE SUITABILITY - I just read another review of someone saying they were a NC 35 - 40, I don't have any mac products, but I've seen people with similar skin tone to myself and known of their mac shades so I would say I am around those numbers. Anyway they said that this nude was flattering on them and would be on tanner skin tones. I would have to AGREE. It's NOT a CONCEALER like TONE. Which is puurfect for medium - tan skin tones. Because it has peachier undertones.

Another weird thing is just that when I put it on, it kind of reminded me of the shade Kim Kardashian's signature nude lip. I don't have any opinions of Kim (love or hate) because I've never watched keeping up with the Kardashians, although I've obviously seen them in the media. It's just something I noticed. :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by mizzmkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

packaging is soooo CUTE! i love the neon purple tube it comes in...it smells delicious too. Iam a NC 43 so this lipstick can look tacky on me...but i apply some clear chap stick and then slightly dab on the lipstick..it gives me a sexy sheer nude look...also makes my lips look nice and full. However this can tend to be a little drying but overall n okay product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by bebedollfaxe

I absolutely love this lip color! the packaging is so cute and very feminine. it's the right nude for my lips and doesn't make me appear dead , but my only problem is the smell and taste. at first I didn't mind the smell I actually thought I smelled pretty nice. but the more I wore it the more I became bothered. it smelled very much like hand soap and it tastes like hand soap or light chemicals. after kissing me one time my boyfriend actually gagged because the taste was so horrible.
but since the color is so great I still wear it occasionally but not as often as I'd like to =(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

This is a really good nude for me (NC30). I've been having problem finding a good nude that wouldnt wash me out and make me look corpsy. I have tried so many nudes and nothing was working for me until I saw that rimmel lipsticks were on sale at my local SDM for 4.99.
When I was shopping around, i was wearing doft nude by revlon which im not 100% happy with but it's the best nude that i could find (I have tried all the MAC nudes and they weren't good on me- peachstock, hug me, blankety, half and half, even darker nudes like cherish and fleshpot did not work for me), I compared soft nude and nude delight on the back of my hand and it looks like nude delight was a TAD big darker but still very nude.
at 4.99 dollars, I HAD to try it and I'm really glad I did.
It's a very pretty peachy, slightly pinky nude lipstick. It has those undertones so it doesn't completely wash me out. It just softens and mutes my natural lip color and i even don't mind the old school lipstick scent. I kind of like it! The texture is also very nice. It is not a long lasting lipstick, thats for sure but it does mositurize and for the time being, it is my FAVOURITE nude.
If you are NC 30-NC40 try it. It is one of those rare none corpsy nude lip colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by taznim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is very pretty and most well suited for those between NC 30-40. This is a pretty wide range of shades on whom nude lipsticks usually look too beige and make the wearer resemble a corpse.
Nude Delight does none of the above for me as an NC 30-35 as it is very peach-coral based.
It is very creamy and slightly glossy, although it is moisturising- to an extent- you need perfect, flake free lips before applying else all that is wrong will be highlighted. I have one deep line in the middle of my lower lip in which the lipstick usually sinks into after about 20 minutes but this is nothing a quick swipe of the finger cant fix.
I prefer this lipstick after it has settled a little and do not apply it in swiping motions- I prefer patting as this creates optimum coverage (dark pigmentation).
Because it is so creamy it does tend to slide and wear of pretty quickly - 2 hours maximum without lipliner.
The smell is very strong and synthetic-floral and I can see it btohering some people but not me - i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by lissyjayne

I love this colour as a "put on and forget" kind of lipstick. It isn't too pale, so it is more suited to a variety of skin tones unlike MAC myth. You don't need a gloss or anything over the top because it has a slight glossy sheen to it. It isn't drying and doesn't leave me with that dreaded line that most nudes leave behind. Because it is very moisturizing, the lines in your lips won't be exaggerated. The packaging is beautiful too and it is pretty cheap, especially if you get it on special.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great nude lipstick! Awesome formula and it doesn't give you that sickly concealer lip look. Very happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If i could only have one lipstick, this, nude delight, would be it. i love it so much, i stock up just in case rimmel discontinues it. you know cosmetic companies, always like to discontinue things when they don't sell or just cause they want something new to compete with the other brands. i swear if rimmel discontinues this shade, im gonna chuck a bomb.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by priscillaaa

I was really excited for this lipstick. My first nude lipstick. However, it doesn't keep my lips moisturized at all. Also, the colour isn't that great for my skin tone, it makes me look kind of dead. But I'm going to keep on trying it out with lipglosses until I can find the perfect combo.