November 28, 2014 | 1867 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by yhpark0706

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i absolutely adore this product! this was my first set of ecotools, and after i purchased this set, i had to get more ecotools! i just love them all!!! i use mineral foundation, and this is perfect for that. i totally recommend it; not because its hair is super duper soft, but because it's a very good quality, and it works great with mineral foundation:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These brushes are made with environmentally friendly, cruelty free products! They are so soft and feel very expensive. I would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lisa6661

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect gift for people who are new to using brushes. Definitely not cheap quality. Very useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought Bronzer cause it felt so soft. Love it! After I washed it with Sephora's brush cleaner (once a week type) it kept its hairs and stayed soft. I also bought concealer brush but its too big so I use it as eyeshadow brush. Wish they made a stippler brush...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by tamini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love and use most of these brushes every day. The only brush I don't use is the kabuki, which is too small.
They're all really, really soft, and SO CHEAP!
I absolutely love the packaging, and I use the cute little canvas bag that came with the brushes to hold them inside my makeup bag.
They don't leave any weird smells or bleed dye when I clean them, which is a huge plus!
I haven't had any shed yet, and I've had these brushes for many months now!
I would definitely repurchase if I lose or break any of them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this, but I have found that the Ecotools sold individually are generally better than the sets. The kabuki brush is not dense enough to actually use as a kabuki, but it's good for blending out blush or whatever if you have applied too much. I like the powder brush for bronzer and contouring, since it doesn't apply the product too heavy. The concealer brush is okay, but the one sold individually is better. The eye shading brush is supposed to be for blending eye shadow, however I find it to be too large and soft for that. I have been using it to apply translucent setting powder over my undereye concealer.
Overall, I would probably not buy this again and will probably stick to buying individual Ecotools brushes instead of sets. I would make an exception, however, if I ever saw the Alicia Silverstone set. I really want the duo-fibre brush that comes with it, it's hard to find one of those type of brushes that is not made of animal hair.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ichi24

love these brushes!!! they are super soft... go get em'!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Rassberry88

I love this brush set!!!! The bristles don't stay on your face like most brushes, and they're super soft, even after you clean them!!!! These are better than a set that cost me over $100!!!! Will be buying more brushes from this company!!! Completely satisfied!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was actually really disappointed with this brush set. I used these brushes with my MAC mskn & mineralized blush duo and these brushes didn't even pick up very much product at all. It also applied very unevenly. I'll be returning this brush set sometime this week.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these brushes! They are cruelty free, very soft and just overall good brushes! They're well made and they don't feel cheap at all. If you're looking into makeup brushes I would recommend ecotools! These were my first makeup brushes. =)
The only down side to this is that I don't feel like the biggest brush (I think it's the powder brush) fits in the little case that comes with this. I ended up getting rid of the little case because the brushes don't really fit in there very well. But I didn't want to keep them in the case anyway, I want to display them because they're so cute! =p