September 15, 2014 | 1761 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This primer feels great on, but does not do much for pores, and my face is super shiny mid-day. I do have really oily skin so I'm not sure this is the best primer for that. I think I'll try something else next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by poizon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first EVER MA product review. I loved this primer so much I wanted to share my thoughts about it. A few things about me...I'm willing to fork over hard-earned money for a superior product. I have pretty clear skin, with some problems with redness around my chin and nose area. I am oily and dehydrated, and found that on my drier days, this product would emphasize the flakes. HOWEVER...since I've started using this product I've been getting compliments about my skin. I use it alone most of the week, sometimes with some powder on top (I've been trying let my skin "breathe" without putting face makeup on) and STILL I get compliments! Initially, when you put it on (I use one pump) it has a white cast, but it quickly dissipates and just becomes this lovely glow. Redness is slightly diminished (use concealer if you have darker spots) and some blush to bring out some colour and you're good to go! I have recommended this product to everyone I know...Definitely my HG primer!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by korean

so i always used smashbox, which i still like. but i thought i'd try this one too. no scent. looks white in the pump, goes on clear, but must blend. the pro is that it is supposed to have less toxic ingredients. It glides on and it seems to work as well as smashbox. but it does have spf, so for photos i think i'd still choose smashbox .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Piwi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had use this primer and the make up on my nose melt down and my face shines as usual does.

Nothing special on this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Best primer ever!!!!!!
I don't think I would buy any other brand of primer anymore since this one is so perfect for me.
Trust me, I have tried every primer I can get from the market, at least a dozen of them. Those primers I tried in the past, no matter how expensive they were, are too dry. They either could not spread out and form strips, or they try out my face like crazy.
Finally, I got my life saver! The hourglass mineral primer is so easy to spread and never dry out my face at all. I wear it everyday for sun protection and color correction even without foundation. It seal up my pores instantly and helps my foundation stay on for at least six to eight hours. To be honest, I still need a few touch up when my nose gets oily, but that's it. I almost finish my bottle, I will definitely get another bottle once it's done.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was lucky to get a sample of this. This primer is was far from being the best one. Didn't cover my redness in any significant way. I can't say foundation looked in any different way than without it. I'm not excited.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by NairbRey

I got this for free at sephora thanks to my sephora points, I gotta say its good but its soooo expensive and Its not the best primer ever, I use it when Im going out clubing or a regular party under my Bare Minerals foundation and it looks great and leaves me pretty flawless ...Im still looking for that primer thats gonna set me through the roof

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I heard so much hype about this product and really wanted to try it. It seemed perfect for my skin- being oil-free and also has SPF. Sounds good! But my wallet nearly cried when I saw that the small 0.33 oz size of this product is $18 and the 1 oz bottle is $52. Whoa. I didn't want to plunk down the hard cash for a product I hadn't tried yet so I went to Ebay to search for samples. I was a bit surprised and yet again, not surprised to see that samples of this product (the 0.16 oz bottle) go for around $10-$13. A SAMPLE SIZE! If you are lucky you can find a seller selling it for $9. None of those prices even include shipping. Yikes.

On to the product itself, I'd say it works pretty good. I like the fact that it didn't break me out. It makes my foundation look alright. The feel is silky and smooth when you apply but once I let the product sink in and then apply my foundation, it seems to make the foundation harder to blend. After a while of blending, the end finish was decent but not exactly what I was looking for.

I wouldn't call this my HG primer, and I will keep on looking for one that suits my skin more, but this product get's a thumbs up from me. I can see myself purchasing again if I don't find anything better. I'd buy the $18 one though. $52 is way too much over what I would spend on a single cosmetic item.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by NdotM

Im a primer addict. I first decided to splurged on this primer at Sephora (about $50) after using up a sample they gave me a week earlier. This stuff is awesome.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, which stays pretty clear as long as I stick to my skin routine. My initial fear is always, "WILL I BREAK OUT?!". So I try to stick to products that are acne-skin friendly and contain SPF. This primer met both. Although the SPF is a bit low (SPF15; Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide), the flawless finish is totally worth it. My face was shine free and my powder makeup held up great. It's water resistant, fragrance and oil free.

The package makes it easy to apply. I like that the top can be removed, so you can unscrew and dig out a few more applications with a q-tip when you get low on product.

I apply it once a day, everyday. A bottle typically lasts me about 5-6 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by RebeccaC01

I really wanted to like this because it provided a wonderful canvas for makeup but I broke out terribly a day after using it.