April 19, 2014 | 1789 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by caitlinm

I personally love this product. I have green eyes & would get my eye makeup just right to make my eyes pop & then my black or brown mascara would black it out. I picked it up one day at Target and now I swear by it. I would never buy anything else. I don't have any complains about the brush, but I have long lashes. It's really the color that does it for me. I think it really works and it makes my eyes stand out. Must have.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by reneebeauchamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didnt like this product at all. I usually use covergirl exact. This formula did not feel good on my eyelashed, hard to remove even with facewash and couldnt see the color. the wand was also flimsy at the brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by drummercc

If you rub your eyes, this definitely flakes. The color is only noticeable if you stare at the person's eyes in direct sunlight. Overall, kind of pointless. It gets too clumpy if you try to apply more than one layer as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference I have stick straight, fine asian lashes which don't hold much of a curl unless I use a waterproof mascara. This is for the waterproof version of black pearl.

I love this mascara, the only one so far that I have repurchase and wear almost everyday. It holds up an amazing curl, always stays on, doesn't flake, doesn';t smudge when i play 2 hours of volleyball in 25 degreeds Celsius weather so I would say its probably the best I've had so far.

I used the regular version first and WOW the brush separated my fine lashes and made sure that each was defined and lengthened REALLY well. I was so impressed except for the fact my lashes wouldn't stay curled. But also at the time I was using that crappy Revlon eyelash curler.

This mascara doesn't give a dramatic look but it gives a lovely long and defined look, i really can't stop talking about how well it separates my lashes, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xxSallyxx

i didnt really like this. it was okay, it was deffently not what i expected. it didnt make my eyes pop at all, i have dark brown eyes so i wanted them to be bolder. i thought this would work but it didnt

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by puffinrose

When I first bought this..I thought "Great another seven bucks down the tube." It sat in my make-up bag for about two months because I thought it looked like a pathetic worn-out blue/gray (*with glitter*) coating my lashes. So then I switched back to Covergirl's Lash Blash in Black (not to be a debbie-downer, this is also kinda meh). Back to my point after running low on Lash blash- I dusted off the ol' Eyelights and it was amazing. One (thin) coat of Black Lash Blast, and One Coat of Eyelights (For Blue eyes)...I feel as if I stumbled across the secret to time travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Curlyqtwice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG!!! I naturally have hazel eyes with gold accents and with this mascara it transforms my from being hazel to almost GREEN!!!! I love it! My eyes are still obviously Hazel buy the green really stands out ( excpecially in the light) If I know its going to be sunny where ever I'm going I make sure I put some of this stuff on!!! I always get commpliments while I'm wearing ti as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

**Please note that I am reviewing the waterproof version of the Black Ruby color**

This mascara isn't bad at all. In fact, its performance is almost exactly the same as Lash Exact for me. I've always been a fan of Lash Exact; it doesn't clump, it's easy to apply, and it's just great for simple makeup looks. Whenever I don't have time to apply any other makeup, all I need is the LashExact, and I'm good to go.

With all that said, this product is totally a gimmick. I was pretty excited to give it a shot, because a ruby-colored mascara sounds so fun and pretty. When looking at the formula before putting it on, it did look like a ruby color. Unfortunately, it didn't show up like that at all on my lashes. It looked like a black-brown, which is a shame. So much for making my eye color "pop" with the colored mascara, right?

When it comes to this mascara's staying power, I think it's pretty good. It held a curl pretty well, it never smeared on me, and it never flaked on me. I'd say that's pretty good.

Overall, I don't plan on buying this mascara again because of its failed gimmick, but I'm not going to toss the one I have. Aside from what it claims to do with the eye colors, this is a pretty good mascara. If this had the color I was expecting, I probably would have given this mascara 4 or 5 lippys.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by deutschebirdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I bought the waterproof version of this product so it may be a little different but it was horrible. It clumped that colour wasn't very nice and it ended up flaking off. Definitely will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is specifically for the Black Ruby color.

This another one of those awesome finds that is inexpensive and performs well. That means it will be discontinued. That always seems to be the case for me.

As a redhead, it's hard for me to find mascara that is the right hue for my coloring. Black is too harsh, brown is just dull and uninspiring. Back in the '80's, I met and fell l in love with burgundy colored mascara because it suited my coloring so well and made my green eyes really striking. Unfortunately, when the '80's ended, so did the cosmetics industry's love affair with colored mascaras. I haven't been able to find another one until recently when the exact eyelights line came out.

Aside from being a beautiful color, this is really great mascara. I find that it lengthens and thickens without flaking or clumping. It's versatile as well, as you can go from a natural look to a dramatic look just by applying more coats.

The color is not terribly noticeable, but it's not meant to be. The effect is intentionally subtle. You don't want people to look at you and think..."Wow, that's really pretty mascara." You want them to think..."Wow, her eyes look amazing." With this mascara, people see your eyes, not your eye make-up.

Recently, I was in Ulta and bought BadGal Plum by BeneFit, assuming that, as a high end product, it would perform better. I thought that if the Cover Girl brand was great, the BeneFit would be AMAZING. But to my surprise, the BadGal Lash couldn't touch the Cover Girl in terms of performance, nor in terms of color. The BadGal was $20 and is now languishing in my make-up drawer. The Cover Girl was $7 and gets used every single day.