August 1, 2014 | 1957 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lilacs80

For reference, I have combination-dry skin, NC 20-25, fair skin with yellow undertones.

Like a couple of the other reviewers, I'm on the fence about this foundation. I'm torn. I was definitely impressed when I first tried the foundation because I bought it. I was matched to Sunny Beige. I'm unsure about the staying power of this liquid foundation. Of the times I've worn it, I have found that in about 4 hours, the foundation starts to disperse mainly on my nose and a little just on both sides of my nose. Everywhere else, coverage stays put.

I always use the LM Oil-Free Foundation Primer under all my liquid foundations and I always have to set my foundation with LM Translucent Loose Powder.

I would say that this is definitely a good quality foundation. It looks and feel very natural, it's got a good medium coverage, it's very blendable, and it's very buildable. I'm not sure if this formulation is for me. Maybe the formula plus the chemistry of my skin put together is a no-go. I would definitely recommend this foundation to others, but as I know the formula hasn't quite worked out for me, I probably wouldn't be repurchasing this liquid foundation again in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by meghanadriana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm a sunny beige in this product and i absolutely love it!
it has great coverage and has a nice dewy finish when applied with the laura mercier primer.
however as it doesn't have spf it's better suited as night foundation

update:
i realise that whenever i apply this my forehead looks a little gray so i have to use another foundation for my forehead!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The foundation is good enough, but I have come to realize not the right formulation for my generally dry skin.

Nevertheless, for good near-matte medium coverage, this foundation in Warm Ivory does fine for me. I use this as a nighttime foundation when I'm going out, but will probably have to opt for something more hydrating in the winter months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sort of on the fence about this foundation.. I use this in warm ivory. When I first got it, I was both impressed with the awesome coverage and how great it made my skin look, and sort of taken aback and how heavy and dry it felt. But throughout my work day this stuff didn't budge at all, and never settled into my laugh lines. I looked great by the end of the day, despite the fact that my face felt pretty gross. When I washed it off my face felt good, too. I used it for the next few days and felt really confident that my skin looked good and the people around me definitely noticed too. But then I finally came upon the defining flaw of this product. It's such good coverage and so long wearing that it's almost impossible to touch up. You cannot touch this stuff at all during the day if you want it to look good. I tend to check myself in the mirror in the bathroom during the day and sort of rub in places that have gotten cakey looking or wipe away any stuff caked in lines, but when I tried to do that with this stuff it just globbed together and became a patch.. Which looked really bad. If you have dry skin or peeling because of acne treatments like Retin A, stay away from this foundation because it will be impossible to fix up without washing off and applying again (I learned this the hard way). But despite all this, I still love the finish, coverage, and staying power of this foundation. As long as my skin is looking good and I don't have much reason to touch up, it looks amazing all day. So now that I have it I'm not going to return it, but I don't know if I'd repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by buzhidao

This is great liquid foundation !
great great coverage! LOVE

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Background information: I wore this in Warm Ivory and I about approximately a NC20-25. I am on the fence about this foundation. It has its good points and its bad.

Pros:
-matches my yellow-undertone skin well
-looks great when applied with Sigma Flat Kabuki brush, looks natural
-covers my acne scars and hyper pigmentation well

Cons:
-sometimes can look cakey when not applied right
-very poor lasting power
-settles into lines and pores less than 3 hours after application.
-a bit pricey

Summary: looks good after initial application but wears off quickly =( Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do like this for a liquid foundation. It gives good coverage, a nice finish, and wears pretty well. I usually like a more "yellow" undertone, but I wear this in Blush Ivory, which is more of a neutral undertone, the yellow undertone Warm Ivory was too orangy for my skin. I do wear my Laura Mercier Foundation Powder, Powder Foundation over this as a setting powder and it looks great! I don't know if I would like this foundation as much without the Powder Foundation on top (thats why I gave it 4 lippies). But the combination of the 2 are great, I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation, but just not right for my skin type. It would wear beautifully on someone with oily or oily combination skin; I have just normal combination skin so it was a little dry on me.
It has beautiful coverage but looks light and natural on. it stays in place all day, even without a setting powder. there are lots of colors to choose from and warm ivory matched me perfectly. I think this would be the perfect foundation for a teen with oily skin looking for something that looks natural and stays on all day! for my skin, I prefer Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizers and Bobbi Brown's natural finish foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This foundation is disgusting! I got it in a sample (thank goodness for samples!). But this just has to be the worst liquid foundation I have ever used! It slides right off my dry!!! complexion. Looks cakey with only a light layer. It is honestly overrated, and overpriced!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by beckyboo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was definitely not what I was hoping for after reading reviews on it. I found the texture was nice and when it went on it looked pretty good but after about an hour it started getting really cakey. I used the primer from the same range by LM but even with using that and powdering it wouldn't last (and that was in winter so my skin was not even as oily as it gets during summer). Won't be buying this again, its not worth it for the price