The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

on 3/26/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this as a free sample - I am glad I didn't spent my money on this. It does make my skin softer but nothing to write home about.

This comes in a round container with a screw on lid. The texture isn't like creamy more thickish and hard to massage into the skin.

This smell is hard to describe, I am not sure what shea is suppose to smell like but I don't find the smell at all appealling.

I would not buy this again (or purchase a mag just to get a free sample)

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this is a thick, rich and VERY moisturizing butter. absolutely perfect for dry skin and winter.
secondly, this smells, just.. wow. it is a smell that personally makes me feel really happy for some reason but maybe that's just me. it is a very strong smell - quite nutty but very perfumed too? just amazing. it is also quite different from most body shop scents.
i wouldn't suggest this for break-out-prone skin. it is very very rich, and as someone said, may also be a bit thick for very humid weather. but i personally wear any butter, any time :)
i would definitely recommend!

it does moisturize very well and has a decent smell, but it somehow made me break out in small bumps all over my legs.

on 2/12/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a serious addiction to this product. I started going to the body shop while I was in high school, and I was introduced to this then. I started out with the cocoa body butter, but didn't like the oiliness of it, so the store clerk recommended this . . . and I haven't been able to make myself buy anything else since. I love the clean scent and the way it just melts into your skin. It is a little on the pricy side, but it's well worth it.

on 11/30/2009 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite item at The Body Shop and definitely my favorite body butter ever. It smells nice and natural and it really takes care of my dry skin (I get terribly dry legs and arms in the winter). It's not overly greasy and the moisturizing lasts for a long time. Even though one tub is a little pricey, I've found that it lasts forever and because it's in a jar/tub, you can be sure that you use every last bit.

on 11/30/2009 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product saves me when my skin gets miserably dry. It smells nice and mild, it's very moisturizing, but not greasy, and it's easy to apply. We have Body Shops locally, so it's easy to get. I like the packaging, but I do think it's a bit pricey. In the winter it is the only thing that works!

on 9/1/2009 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I loved this product when I used it in a dry country, but in hot/humid countries it just felt thick and sticky on my skin. Application is a bit difficult due to the thick texture, but once the stuff is on the skin, it feels really light and smooth. The smell is one of the reasons I bought this product, I love it. I've tried a few of Body Shop's body butter, this is one of my favourite amongst them in dry countries. Since I spend some time in both dry and humid countries, I only use Shea Body Butter when I'm in the dry ones.

on 9/1/2009 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am crazy about this stuff. I got a small pot with a magazine and fell in love. I never tried body butter because i thought i didn't like the thick consistency. It's not sticky but super moisturizing and smells amazing. I really like jars better than tubes so this is great

on 8/6/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have a problem with dry elbows, and Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion has basically taken care of this problem. However, it is very hard to find in the UK, where I spend a lot of time. The Body Shop often has sales on its butters and I find them very reliable. The two best, in my opinion, for dry, rough skin are the Hemp and Shea. Hemp is the closest to unscented, but has a green scent that you either love or hate (I love it). Shea has a surprising perfumed scent that is not overwhelming - I find it pleasant. Overall, the Shea Body Butter makes an excellent body moisturizer that absorbs quickly, but it doesn't quite conquer my dry elbows like the Aveeno does. (Neither does the Hemp.) I love these butters for their natural ingredients and skin-softening qualities, but for sheer dry skin protection, Aveeno wins. I'll still probably repurchase when this goes on sale.

on 7/28/2009 5:02:00 PM

Of all The Body Shop butters, this is my favorite for dry skin. It absorbs quickly and lasts all day. I personally think it's expensive and the smell a bit strong, but it works on my dry skin. I'd buy it again if it went on sale.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products