September 19, 2014 | 1876 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by win24

Of all The Body Shop butters, this is my favorite for dry skin. It absorbs quickly and lasts all day. I personally think it's expensive and the smell a bit strong, but it works on my dry skin. I'd buy it again if it went on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This bodybutter works great on dry places. I use it on my legs after I've shaved them. I like the creamy texture. I also like that the skin absorbs it easily. I don't really like the smell though, but it's not an overpowering smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells great! Not too overbearingly sweet like some of the other Body Butters. Moisturizes better than those too if you have dry skin. A great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Mizukii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! The smell is heavenly! And most important it moisturizes my dry skin very well. Normally my skin feels sticky after applying body lotion or something similar. After applying this body butter my skin still feels a little sticky but noticeably less then when applying something else.
It's kinda expensive so I try not to use too much so I won't run out as quickly. Though when I do, I most likely will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by lucystardust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells amazing! I can't really describe the smell but its lovely without being too overpowering. The product itself is really nice, it has a great texture (I hate moisturisers which are too watery or too thick) and sinks easily into the skin without being too greasy. The ingredients are also top notch - shea butter, cocoa butter and babassau oil, all community traded from small-scale farmers in Ghana. Its great as a hand cream, foot cream or all over body moisturiser, and it really does keep your skin moisturised for hours.The only downside is the price! I think its about 4.50 for a 50ml travel size (which I used up in 5 days!) and 12.20 for a full 200ml size. This would be a product I'd use every day if I could afford to, but because of the price I tend to use it sparingly when my skin needs a treat.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

In general i like this product, smells great but i dont think it moisturizes my skin, the price is ok, not so expensive but not cheap too....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about repurchasing this. On one hand, it smells nice, spreads easily, and is pretty moisturizing, but on the other, it's expensive. EVOO works better as a body moisturizer for me and is cheaper =T

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first tried this in th TBS store it felt really think and balm like, probably because there are so many people opening the tub and the product's kinda dried up. But when I got my own tub the texture's really smooth and creamy.

The smell is not your morning-wake-me-up scent but more of a nutty-musky evening fragrance, its not offensive so I've got no issues with that. Yep.

This thick butter was surprisingly easy to spread and absorb. I woke up with very soft feet I'm so gonna use it every night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 7:08:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a 50ml tub of this free with Marie Claire magazine (the magazine costs around 3 so great bargain, i wouldnt of bought it otherwise) i was expecting a natural nutty kind of smell but it smells more perfumey and not all that nice, it actually makes me slightly dizzy when i smell it! :S although the smell is comforting. i dont have dry skin but it makes my skin look and feel realllly soft, i apply it all over after my shower and my boyfriend always comments on how silky i feel-although, he does this whatever body lotion i use, i think maybe the body shop body butters are no different to a cheap rich moisturiser. i have the cranberry, grapefruit, coconut and tangerine afthey were all bought for me as gifts at different times this year). my fave is the coconut but thats coz im obsessed with anything coconutty lol x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by yuckyuks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this Body Butter. I've tried many a moisturizer in my time, and this one tops the list. I love it for moisturizing my skin to absolute perfection - my legs feel sooooooo soft and supple, and there's no greasiness or weird "stick" to it (like Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, a popular lotion on MUA). My skin just consumes this stuff. I have normal skin, and though this is ultra-moisturizing it doesn't leave any oiliness on me. I put this on without toweling off after showering. Those experiencing greasiness must be putting on too much - this butter is meant to be spread well.

Which brings me to my one complaint: The price! I don't skimp much on the products I use (especially not when it comes to makeup), but body lotion is something I spread over my entire body every day. I went through the tub in about a month and a half - granted, I used too much in the beginning and let my mom use it, who just mauled it - but $20 for a moisturizer that lasts a month and a half? I hate spending $160 + NYC tax on moisturizer every year. I feel like there must be something of a similar effect that won't cost me as much in the long run.

That said, I'm such a sucker for this stuff. I'm not in love with the scent, but I don't mind it - it's fairly faint - and I find it kind of comforting when I do catch a whiff. I don't have skin sensitivity or any such problems, so I can't comment on that. But the deal-maker for me is when my boyfriend says, wide-eyed, "how can you be so soft?" and keeps stroking my body in wonderment of the female skin. (TMI? Sorry!)

Look, anything that can make my boyfriend fall in awe of me is staying in my arsenal. I wish I'd found love like this with Jergens or something in that price range, but I'm willing to give up buying a few blushes to keep buying this. And that's saying something.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No