July 22, 2014 | 2286 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by rhalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this mascara after hearing Pixiwoo rave about it for so long. I bought it when I was in New York this christmas, but sadly it does not live up to my expectations :(
Although it is very black, it is not as noticeable as i thought it would be. many other cheaper brands do an "intense black" shade which would match this. Also, when buying a mascara, it is not the depth of the colour which attracts me, but rather the lengthening and volumising effect.
Yes, it does add length and volume, but no more than a cheaper drugstore brand mascara might, such as maxfactor false lash effect (my current favourite) or maybelline the falsies mascara.
Overall, I regret spending $22 on this mascara, as I also bought Covergirl Lash blast volume when out in NY for just $8... very similar to maxfactor flase lash effect and just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. This really gives great volume and length, but what really sets it apart for me is the deep black color and its lifting ability. I have decently long lashes but unfortunately they grow straight out and somewhat downward. This mascara lifts the lashes well and really holds the curl, which I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by GenePaulAcePeter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I originally was a Max Factor 2000 Calorie convert for many years until they discontinued it here in the US last year. I was so sad as Im very picky when it comes to mascaras. This one has an amazing brush, a rich dark formula and its texture is thick and creamy and not super wet, which I love. It separates really well and builds really easily even if the first coat is dry.Definitely a new found face!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by poopythepig

Best mascara I have ever used. My lashes look like false lashes with only one coat- I don't have to apply two coats! Defines, thickens, and volumes, this stuff is amazing. The only downside for me, is that it flakes. I'll apply this, and then the next hour there will be flakes on my cheekbone from this stuff. But nonetheless, this mascara is lovely. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the best mascara ive ever tried. full thick voluminous lashes with the sooty blackness i love. doesnt clump, doesnt transfer under my eyes, not a pain to remove. the ONLY downside is that it dries out like crazy! probably within a month i would say. definitely an expensive habit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

This is a reallyyy good mascara. The brush is nice and thick (which I love) and the formula isn't too wet which allowed me to layer it on with no clumps. It lengthened and added lots of volume. The only con is it didn't hold a curl as long as I would've liked. Other than that, I will probably buy again when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Way to expensive for what you get. I've had better drugstore mascara that cost $6 or less...(well, maybe not less)

I like the tube it comes in, it gets you excited to paint your lashes but then when you put it on, not much difference..and let me tell you, I have really good long thick lashes that already curl. for it to do nothing on me...well then..that's not a good mascara at all.

For 25$..no way im rebuying this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by leleigh

I bought this mascara after reading/hearing a lot of good things about it. I'm mostly looking for a mascara to give volume, then maybe some length. I find this formula to be thick and clumpy. When I initially opened the mascara it was clumpy on the wand. Usually a good volumizing formula will start to clump on the wand when it gets old and starts to dry out some, but Smoky Lash was like this brand new. (Maybe I got a bad batch?) It does give good volume, though, but when I began building coats it became more clumpy, lashes started sticking together and looked spidery. I'm not into the clumpy spider look. Also, my eyes don't tend to be sensitive, but sometimes I felt like my lashes itched some with this mascara, not the norm for me. I would pass on this, I think there are better out there. Oh! and the other reviewers are right, it flakes. At this price it SHOULD NOT FLAKE.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by uncutxmarie

I got a sample of this and have only used it 3 times. I really like the affect it gives to my lashes! Its very black and thickening and lengthening. The only thing is that it FLAKES! And its also a little hard to get off. I still had some on my lashed when I woke up this morning... Gross. Over all its a really good mascara but I dont think I'll buy the full sized since it's so expensive

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I got this in a swap (thanks MUAer mellaril!) and was super excited to try it. The color is a super dark and rich black, and it gives my lashes a fair amount of length and volume...buuuuuut...it flakes like crazy, and is very tough to get off! Glad I only got a trial size, I definitely won't be buying this!