April 16, 2014 | 1968 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by CaliBaby47

I decided to try a drugstore brand after a bad experience during early high school.

It comes with a primer and mascara. the primer lengthens my lashes and then the actual mascara makes them really long. The first time i tried it i let the primer dry and it clumped really bad, but now i don't wait so long and its all good. I fell asleep with it on and there wasn't any flakes or even a hint of raccoon eyes. It lasts for hours and it isn't hard to take off. The thing I REALLY like about this mascara is it makes my lashes darker and longer, yet it still looks natural.

Overall, great product for a good price(got it at Target for $6!) I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

*Sigh* Dear Maybelline, Why do you have to name this "XXL Extensions" and It doesn't give me "lash extensions"?? I bought this because Maybelline was 50% off at the store a little while ago. I've been using it, but I reaaaallllly realllllly dislike it. You have to put the white layer on 1st, and really, you should probably only put it near the ends of your lashes if you want legnth. But if you decide to coat all of your lashes with it because you want volume AND length.. you're going to have heck of a time covering it all with the black side. One thing I really don't like is, that the brush on both sides are exactly the same. Shouldn't the brush on the white side be smaller or something, or at least the brush on the mascara side be bigger?? Well, whatever. It doesn't give me any extra length.. and it flakes off during the day, because by the end of the night my lashes are all GRAY. because the black is going bye bye and the white is going hiii!!!! I do like how black it is, if it worked it would be amazing, but it didn't do it for me :( And I will not repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by onthebit

So, a basic thing about my eyelashes: I like them long. I dont really care about volume or anything, just length. It's what looks best on me.

And this product does just that. Dont expect volume, but length, WOW.

the package says it increases length by 80%, but i measured, and i got my eyelashes to actually DOUBLE in length. granted, it looked like a had a daddy long legs stuck to my eye, but if you use it well and dont overdo it, you will get fantastic length! I like how it dries fast, and usually doesnt flake or anything.

I find that it has a tendency to clump a bit, so be aware of that.

I will probably be buying this product until something better comes along!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedGirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This morning was the first time to try this new mascara. I have very short lashes to begin with. First, I applied the topcoat - it goes on pretty smooth. Second, I applied the top coat.that actually has the color on the wand. After applying, I could see a difference in my lashes right away. They looked a lot more full & longer. However, it didn't give me much volume. Overall it is a pretty good mascara, for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by pavitt

I love this mascara! For the price it is very high quality! After I applied this mascara I could feel my eyelashes on my brow bone. It lengthens, thickens, and is just a great mascara. I would defina

This is a great mascara at a great price. The primer separated and lengthened my lashes while the mascara darkened them. My lashes looked fake! I could feel my eyelashes against my brow bone! I would definately recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by okrockon

This is a great mascara. The primer is awesome... as I was putting it on in the car, my boyfriend looked over and said "WOW!" because from his profile view, he said it looked like I just put on fake eyelashes... he solemnly said he would never question me buying mascara again.
    My only problem with this is the way it feels at the end of the day. The same primer that looks so incredible irritates my eyes after a whole day... I can't sleep with this on. I know you shouldn't sleep with any makeup on, but sometimes I forget to take it off, and this is one of the only products I just can't stand to leave on overnight. Maybe that's a good thing, as it reminds me to wash my face... :)
    Definitely try it, though, great results and doesn't smudge or clump.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not really impressed with this mascara. Instead of having a full sized mascara, this mascara came with a primer. However, I honestly think that the primer was a waste of space and product. It did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. One thing I did like about this product is it doesn't flake or smudge. It does lengthing to some extent, but definitely not to an extent where it wows the heck out of me. I got this for 7.99 CAD at a drugstore and if it were a full-sized mascara I would say it's reasonably priced. But due to the fact that there's a useless primer attached to the end, meaning you're paying for only half the size of a mascara I would say this is definitely not worth the price. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another one of the few Maybelline mascaras (out of like their 300 they have out) that actually does something for me. At this point all I really want from a mascara is simple - for it to not irritate my eyes. Seriously. I'm sorry to be writing this on this particular review but soooo many mascaras out there have been itching and swelling the bejivis out of my lids. In any case, this mascara truly impressed me. It separates my lashes very very well, without looking clumpy. The formula is not too creamy, but not so dry either. The primer does add to the way it feels. I actually enjoy using it. The results I get from this mascara are phenomenal. My lashes look like fakes (similar to MAC's #7 lashes). So I couldn't ask for more...dark, separated, makes them curl, volume, length and NO irritation from this!
    Will continue to purchase.
    ADDING - Doesn't smudge (like my beloved L'oreal Carbon Black) or flake!!! JACKPOT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by iammclovinxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this product at Wal-Mart. I have to say I was pretty scared to buy it because of past Maybilene products but I manned up and bought it. I had heard very good reviews on it. Well I applied in the morning and after I got back from school it was a little clumped. That was because I didn't reapply it . This Mascara is one of the best drug-store mascara's out there. I recommend this product.

Happy Makeup Shopping :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mary87

So far, this is the best mascara I have used. It really does a good job of lengthening the lashes and makes the eyes really stand out without clumping. However, in order to get a nice effect, you have to be patient and take time to apply it properly and carefully. Quick strokes won't cut it. It's a two-step process, you apply the white primer first and then then the actual mascara, but you have to make sure to apply the mascara thoroughly, if not the white primer will show through. You could easily skip the primer all-together, all it does is 'prep' the lashes to prevent clumps, but its not necessary to achieve the desired effect. I do strongly recommend curling the lashes beforehand though, because it will definitely look 10 x better.