April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by mskrystale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally love this palette. It has tons of colors which you can use to blend, and highlight. Yes they are a bit powder, but sometimes eyeshaows are like that.You can brush away your fall out very easily.The colors are very bright and pigmentaion is awesome. The size of each shadow does seem small, but they do last quite a long time. For most of the colors you really don't have to use to much on your eyes.
I would totally reccomend this to any one! This is a great starte kit for anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was excited to get this at first.. but the excitement soon disappeared. Lots of fall out comes with these shadows. They seem very powdery in my opinion, and when over blended - look very muddy. They're okay for their price, but don't expect them to be anything amazing. You MUST use a primer with these shadows or else they'll end up all over the rest of your face. Many of the colours don't seem to work with everyday use as well. I also find the palette getting very messy since the pans are very close to each other so fallout from shadows can mix together into the pans. I also don't believe they are as "pigmented" as some reviewers say they are. Rubbing your finger across a shadow is completely different than actually placing it on ur eyelid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

The bright, colorful shadows caught my eye and lured me into purchasing this pallette. The majority of these colors cannot be worn on a daily basis, IMHO.

I adore matte shadows, but I found these a bit hard to blend. I don't use this as much as I thought I would.

I also learned the hard way and bought this from CS, but you can find identical products on eBay for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a must have if you like playing with any color you can think of. The quality is pretty impressive, although some colors are less pigmented and more chalky than others.. You just have to find the good ones! It's so cheap, you can do so much with this palette! I've had it for about a year and have yet to hit pan on any of the colors, even the black (I use it almost daily). The only bad part is the packaging, it's flimsy and sometimes it doesn't seem like it closes properly. Remove the cheap sponge applicators when you get this, they tend to fall out and make indentations in some of the colors. Love this. :]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by duhnay

This is a very versatile palette. If you like experimenting and playing with all colors of the rainbow then this is good for you! I actually bought mine withe the 88 shimmer palette b/c I couldn't decide which one I liked better! :D I mix them both now because I like to add a pop of shimmer in there! I would recommend getting this b/c it is an incredible deal for the amount of money! (under $20!) The only thing is that the pots inside can fall out pretty easily..mine didn't fall out until my cousin knocked it over but I have heard a lot of people say that they fall out. You can always put some super glue on them though! I dont think that should hinder you from buying it though! I love CS and everytime I order from them (about 6 times!) The packages have arrived LITERALLY in 2 days! I love all of their products so you should try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by binkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

$20 for 88 colors isn't bad: it comes out to be around 25 cents per pan, and each pan lasts for a good while. I've spent 4x that amount on only a dozen (disappointing) colors from drug stores.

Makeup beginners like me, who still have trouble picking out the right colors, can find real value in this palette. A good chunk of the colors are pretty bold and unwearable on a day-to-day basis, but you definitely cover the entire color spectrum with this palette. The shadows are predominantly a matte finish, but there are a few shimmers here and there. What I like about the shimmers is that they actually have color, not just a silver powder held together by different-colored chalk.

The quality of the eyeshadows ranges from crummy kiddie makeup to pretty darn good, and overall, they're easy to work with. I haven't had much luck getting good color payoff from the yellows and lighter blue/teals (unless you have the patience to layer), but the red, fuchsia, and neutrals are crazy pigmented. Plus, you always have the option of mixing colors together, which gives you above and beyond the 88 you get.

All in all, if you KNOW what colors work for you, then you can probably skip this palette. If you're like me and like to fiddle around with new looks but don't know where to start, Coastal Scents 88 Palette might just be it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by anonymousse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I bought the 88 matte palette off of Amazon a while ago. The colors are alright. Some are absolutely gorgeous while others are hideous. Basically, what you get with any old eyeshadow palette. There was ZERO lasting power and barely any color payoff for me without a primer. Seriously, it lasted me about an hour without primer. With a primer, it lasted most of the day and the colors were pretty vibrant. Not all of the colors may suit everybody, so you're really not getting all 88 colors in the palette. I recommend the warm palette much more because it is so much more versatile and easier to wear than the matte palette. Also, the price on coastal scents palettes is ridiculous! You can get the exact same palette off of ebay for less than half the price. Just search "88 palette" matte, shimmer, warm, or whatever and you'll find that you can get the entire retail version of the palette for only 10 dollars and free shipping. I am almost certain Coastal Scents and many other companies order from the company that creates these retail versions. There are tons of "generic" versions of Coastal Scents products on ebay. Just search a product without the Coastal Scent name and you can easily find a much cheaper version of it. I feel really stupid for spending 20 dollars on the matte palette now as well as on a lot of their other products. What a ripoff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by pimpcessleelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ONLY use this for my eyes! It's very high-pigmented and gorgeous. It stays on my eyes all day long. I have gotten so many compliments on my eye shadow colors. I have combo dry/oily but sensitive skin. I didn't break out and even if I'm sweating a little bit, it doesn't smear. MY FAVORITE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by xoxojentry

This is a great makeup pallette!! It has all types of beautiful shades!! They are so pigmented that you barley have to use any!!!!!!! The only bad thing about this palette is that i thought the eyeshadows were bigger than they really are!! If you are a makeup designer or love to wear all different shades of eyeshadows then buy this product!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by littlegray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have actually been sitting on this purchase for at least half of a year. Coastal Scents packages palettes together in sets now, so they’re less expensive than purchasing the palettes individually. They had a $10 off promotion combined with free shipping, so I took the plunge and purchased all four of the “88” palettes for about $60. Shipping was fairly quick, and I was pleased because everything was packaged well. The containers themselves seem a little flimsy, and I’ve had a couple of eye shadows pop out already, so I probably wouldn’t take it anywhere with me if I were traveling. Overall, you get a lot for your money. Each eyeshadow is about the size of a dime, but seriously, every shade you could possibly imagine is included. Most shades are highly pigmented with good color payoff, and they blend very well. Because similar shades are grouped together, sometimes it’s hard to remember which shade you’ve actually used if there is one in particular you like. It would help labeling them, but overall, no complaints. This is a steal!