Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have the matte one and I can honestly say I don't use it much because the eyeshadows don't stick to my eyelid, and when I try to blend them, they disappear. The only color I DO use is the black one. It's a nice palette to have if you're the kind of person who wears bold and colorful looks a lot but if you're not, then save up your money for something else because you're going to end up using 3-5 eyeshadows TOPS from this palette.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Overall its a good palette. I mean it has some flaws but not to where it makes a horrible palette. Some of the colors are chalky, two of my pots fell out and had to be glued back in, a few of the colors are not true to color. But a majority of the colors are amazing and i think that makes up for some of the flaws. :) Would definetly be a good palette for beginners or for people trying open up their color range.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So here's the thing...I've bought from both Bhcosmetics and coastal scents and the difference are noticable. When I got my package one of the little pots was already out...after realizing that I didn't want to go through the bull of sending it back, I just glued the sucka in. I used it and the pigments suck. Its really chalky and shimmer like someone blew chucks of glitter at my eyelid. Maybe its just the 88 shimmer palette or I got a bad batch but this one sucked. I gave it to my niece to play with

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First of all, I'd like to say that the 88 palettes sold by Coastal Scents are pretty awesome. They're highly pigmented and even though the shadows are small in size, each one will last you a long, LONG time.

HOWEVER, Coastal Scents does purchase their products (at least the palettes and brushes for sure) from trading companies based out of China at about half the price they sell them for. Obviously a business has to get their products from somewhere and they need to make a profit, but you can get the exact same palette off of eBay for $10 or less! The only difference is the Coastal Scents name won't be on it.

I think it's worth noting because some people may be uncomfortable using a product made in and sold from China (these things are made for a few dollars each and who knows what kind of labor practices are involved or the ingredients used...).

Understandably, most people prefer paying more because Coastal Scents is based out of Florida so shipping is faster and less likely to be damaged. But just so you can see for yourself, check out http://zyz.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-0-1/others.html. Leshang Trading sells the 88 palette in bulk for about $10/ea and with free shipping when you exceed $150 or more. Think about it, you can buy 15 of these 88 palettes, sell them online for at least $20 and make a nice profit! That's what Coastal Scents does, and they seem to be doing very well with their business...

Basically, if you're okay buying from someone out of China and don't mind waiting 3 weeks to a month for it to arrive, you may as well buy these palettes off of eBay or Alibaba.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I highly recommend this. I bought this like a year ago after getting impatient lol. I was trying to expand my makeup collection and wanted every color from white to black asap. I had a lot of neutrals so I went for this palette. It's super pigmented and has a ton of colors. This is great for starters or even makeup artists when doing weddings and things like that because even tho its their color palette, they have neutrals as well so this would be perfect for someone starting because u pretty much get every color and with so many color combinations, this can last a loooongt time. The packaging is kind of cheap looking, I didn't love that but the product surely makes up for it. The shadows have great staying powder and go on really smooth, the shadows are about the size of a dime but theyre so pigmented, u don't need a lot. For the price, this is a steal. I've bought 3 different palettes including the 88 warm palette and 28 neutral color palette and love them all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I personally love this palette. It has tons of colors which you can use to blend, and highlight. Yes they are a bit powder, but sometimes eyeshaows are like that.You can brush away your fall out very easily.The colors are very bright and pigmentaion is awesome. The size of each shadow does seem small, but they do last quite a long time. For most of the colors you really don't have to use to much on your eyes.
I would totally reccomend this to any one! This is a great starte kit for anyone!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Was excited to get this at first.. but the excitement soon disappeared. Lots of fall out comes with these shadows. They seem very powdery in my opinion, and when over blended - look very muddy. They're okay for their price, but don't expect them to be anything amazing. You MUST use a primer with these shadows or else they'll end up all over the rest of your face. Many of the colours don't seem to work with everyday use as well. I also find the palette getting very messy since the pans are very close to each other so fallout from shadows can mix together into the pans. I also don't believe they are as "pigmented" as some reviewers say they are. Rubbing your finger across a shadow is completely different than actually placing it on ur eyelid.

The bright, colorful shadows caught my eye and lured me into purchasing this pallette. The majority of these colors cannot be worn on a daily basis, IMHO.

I adore matte shadows, but I found these a bit hard to blend. I don't use this as much as I thought I would.

I also learned the hard way and bought this from CS, but you can find identical products on eBay for a fraction of the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a must have if you like playing with any color you can think of. The quality is pretty impressive, although some colors are less pigmented and more chalky than others.. You just have to find the good ones! It's so cheap, you can do so much with this palette! I've had it for about a year and have yet to hit pan on any of the colors, even the black (I use it almost daily). The only bad part is the packaging, it's flimsy and sometimes it doesn't seem like it closes properly. Remove the cheap sponge applicators when you get this, they tend to fall out and make indentations in some of the colors. Love this. :]

This is a very versatile palette. If you like experimenting and playing with all colors of the rainbow then this is good for you! I actually bought mine withe the 88 shimmer palette b/c I couldn't decide which one I liked better! :D I mix them both now because I like to add a pop of shimmer in there! I would recommend getting this b/c it is an incredible deal for the amount of money! (under $20!) The only thing is that the pots inside can fall out pretty easily..mine didn't fall out until my cousin knocked it over but I have heard a lot of people say that they fall out. You can always put some super glue on them though! I dont think that should hinder you from buying it though! I love CS and everytime I order from them (about 6 times!) The packages have arrived LITERALLY in 2 days! I love all of their products so you should try this!

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products