Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've used up an entire bottle of this, and it's done my face a lot more harm than good.
I haven't experienced any of the irritation that I've heard a lot about, but I have fairly resilient skin. What I did get, however, is cysts, that gradually multiplied in number and size. I have mild to moderate acne, and I've never had cysts before- and upon switching to another cleanser the redness and inflammation has reduced greatly.
I've also noticed that despite being marketed towards oily skin, my skin became incredibly oily an hour or so after use.
I'm also not a huge fan of the smell- I didn't find it offensive, but it smells like a bathroom cleaning product at best. Definitely not a repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has turned my oily skin into crazy dry skin... I guess that's better than being an oil slick but it has made my skin flakey and feel so tight it's uncomfortable. It definitely keeps the acne away though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I liked this cleanser because every time after I have washed it off makes my face smooth. It also smells nice which is a bonus. I gave it a 4 out of 5 because I dont know if it is the cleanser or not but my skin has recently felt dry and it is hard to smile. I dont know if its this product or the other products that I use.

I absolutely love this product! When I use the normal orange neutrogena acne wash I immediately start to break out but when I use the pink grapefruit it clears it right up in just a day or two! Highly recommended for very oily skin !! For everyday use be sure to use a moisturizer !!!

DO NOT buy this product. I used it once and I woke up in the morning to a swollen, peeling, bumpy face. It took a week for the swelling to go down!

Why do most Neutrogena actually break you out instead of prevent it? Maybe it's just me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This goes out for everyone, regardless of what skin type you are - Do NOT buy this product. I have acne-prone skin, sensitive and I just needed a gel cleanser because soap was doing no good to me at all! So i decided to buy this product since I heard so much about it.
This dried my skin up to the point where I couldn't even smile without cracking my skin and permanently damaging it! The upper layer of my skin looked burnt. Then it started becoming scaly, and peeling off and I couldn't even leave my house it was so embarassing. So So embarrassing! This product stripped my skin of all its natural oil, I had redness all over my cheek and It just wouldn't no matter how much moisturiser I slathered on. My face always felt like it was on fire when I used to product yet I continued with it because I didn't want to give up on a product too quickly.
It took a long time for the scaly patches to disappear and not to mention, this did nothing for my spots, did not shrink it or anything, there was zero changes to my spots, they were still there and looked exactly the same even after 2 weeks of using it. Not happy.
Seriously, I dont ever think some skin stripping face wash like this could ever be good for anyones skin in the long term. It would end up permanently damaging the upper layer of your skin, make it really sensitive and cause redness and flakiness in the long term even if you have normal skin! I dont not recommend this product to anyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smelled good, but didnt work for me at all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I felt like it was just drying out my skin and not actually deep cleaning it. I did like the smell tho.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This products overall sucks, the smell was okay to begin with but after awhile it got annoying to smell I don't even know what it about it. The performance of the product wasn't as great as the neutrogena orange acne face wash. This was definitely a waste of money.