Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 4/22/2011 11:59:00 AM

I've been using this primer for almost a year now, a small tube lasts for a long time. The results are amazing, I like powder based foundations and as I was reaching my 30s I started noticing how the foundation powder made my nose pores look gigantic. I decided to give it a try and I am marveled, no breakouts even though I've always have had breakout prone skin. I only apply to my nose and a small areas around it, but I will start using it on my forehead do diminish shine. This was my first experience with a primer and I've wanted to try a more expensive brand, but when I see how well this product works I say to myself it's not worth the risk to spend more on something that might not work as good as this miracle worker.

on 4/19/2011 3:39:00 PM

This is a great primer. I have oily skin and usually need to blot my face near noon every day. Now I only have to do that before I leave my office if I use this as makeup base. My face is much smoother for foundation application after I put it on. I even use it as eyeshadow primer and my eye makeup stay fresh all day (I have oily lids, and my eyeshadow usually crease or disappear within few hours if I don’t use primer). It is a powdery gel and to me, a little hard to blend but still acceptable. Avon’s stuff is always on sale so I usually get this nice product at under $10.

on 4/15/2011 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This goes on like butter, gives me soft, poreless skin ready for whatever makeup I choose to put on. Stays flawless until I take it off. The price is right, the packaging okay and since they have discontinued the compact formula (which I used in 'light' and was perfect!), I will continue to buy until they discontinue this as well (which, knowing Avon, will be as soon as they read this positive review).

on 4/15/2011 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this product having heard such great things on beauty websites but I'm so disappointed! The texture of this stuff is just WEIRD! When it comes out of the tube it feels greasy yet grainy and powdery at the same time and feels greasy on the skin. In terms of controlling shine, I noticed no difference although my foundation probably lasted a bit longer. Wouldn't buy again all in all.

on 4/13/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Applying this primer is my favorite part of my morning routine. I love its texture, I love its smell, and I love the way it feels when I rub it into my skin. Love the high SPF, and especially love the price. I am big into primers, and this one is the best. I bought an extra tube so I wouldn't run out for a while.

on 4/13/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really like the texture of this , although when trying it on the first time i thought to myself this thing might just break me out ! And i think that it actually did. Am not sure it might be the primer or the estee lauder serum am using at the moment.

Nevertheless this product make makeup look gorgeous and smooth, it hides flaws and does not make my MAC studio fix powder look powdery... just natural.

i was looking for a cheaper alternative to my MAC prep and prime, although i do like this product on the whole i think i'll stick to prep and prime for the moment can't risk breakouts.

on 4/11/2011 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this. The texture is beautiful- it's soft and creamy and yet powdery at the same time. It glides right over my skin, and it really does a nice job of priming for foundation. I use it after my moisturizer and before applying miner powder foundation. I have very porcelein skin, and I like to keep it that way, so I like that it includes SPF, as well.
On the avon website they basically try to tell you that it will make all of your flaws magically disappear. I honestly don't know how they get away with proclaiming that, because it doesn't cover or hide anything- it's completely transparent. But- if you're looking for a good primer at a low cost, you might consider trying this out. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it again when the tube runs out (by the way, it lasts quite a long time if you use it right).

on 4/8/2011 11:19:00 AM

This product did nothing for me. My foundation was very difficult to apply over it. I had to blend so much that it almost dissapeared. This was the first primer I tried and will not buy again. Not certain if I will try another.

on 4/7/2011 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has made me feel better about turning 39 this week.

It glides on smoothly and primes my face perfectly for foundation. My pores look smaller and no touch-ups required during the day.

I am prone to redness and the odd breakout and I've had no reactions to this product at all. I'd never bought from Avon before this and I am seriously impressed!

This is a LOVELY product.
If you could make powder into an ultrasoft, luxe cream... this would be it. It mattifies without looking flat, it lasts all day, it makes my skin look and feel so smooth and flawless and natural I could scream!
Love the sanitary tube (as opposed to the JAR in the L'Oreal magic perfecting base rip-off! {not opening that jar of worms here, see my review on that one!}), the SPF, the color, the consistency, and the price.