April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff has made me feel better about turning 39 this week.

It glides on smoothly and primes my face perfectly for foundation. My pores look smaller and no touch-ups required during the day.

I am prone to redness and the odd breakout and I've had no reactions to this product at all. I'd never bought from Avon before this and I am seriously impressed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This is a LOVELY product.
If you could make powder into an ultrasoft, luxe cream... this would be it. It mattifies without looking flat, it lasts all day, it makes my skin look and feel so smooth and flawless and natural I could scream!
Love the sanitary tube (as opposed to the JAR in the L'Oreal magic perfecting base rip-off! {not opening that jar of worms here, see my review on that one!}), the SPF, the color, the consistency, and the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by nancy789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have allergic/reactive combination skin that tends to get quite shiny around my forehead and nose. I wear this product EVERY day, even if I'm only hanging around the house or going to the grocery store. My skin doesn't get shiny with MagiX on. My skin looks a lovely soft sort of glow (rather than shiny and blotchy) with it, and never turns bright red and lumpy.

When I wear foundation it's a mineral foundation. MagiX does a great job of helping that apply evenly and stay put (aka, the poweder doesn't migrate to the fine lines around my forehead and eyes).

I don't leave home without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by smilesz65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I truly love this product! I have very oily skin and this helps to matte my face, an excellent primer! It makes my skin feel so soft and the fact that it has spf protection is even more of a plus. The magix perfector works well on evening out my skin tone, It's great to wear alone or under foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by vwolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic primer! I've worked with soo many different primers and by far this is my favourite. It has an spf in it, a teeny bit goes a long, long way and it keep make-up in it's place. I've found it controls shine and oil really well and makes other foundations (which often don't like to play nice with some skin types) behave perfectly. It might feel heavy to some (personally I can't tell I'm wearing it) but I've never had a break out from it, nor have any of my clients. It does what it says, isn't expensive and I've bought it over and over. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 More reviews by shortee1530

ive never used a primer but my skin has been very shiny lately and ive noticed this helps matify the shine threw out the day i have acne prone skin so i wash my face moisturize with an clean and clear oil free face lotion spf 15 and the i use the face perfector right before applying my mineral loose powder make up. this helps so much where i dont have to use my blotting sheets for up to 6hrs,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I get oily in the t zone and some days my pores are more noticeable, when I use this on top of my moisturizer and under my foundation I do notice that it helps to give me a shine free complextion. My skin just feels touchably soft when I put this on. A little goes a long way with this product. I also tried the mark face perfector from Avon and it is nice but I find magix does so much more for my skin. The only thing I notice is that it doesn't hide my pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, finally an SPF that doesn't make me shiny! My skin is so oily and I usually have to blot every two hours. Normal SPF moisturisers make it even worse but this helps to keep my skin matte without the disgusting shine that every other SPF I've used leaves on my skin. Even if I find a 'matte' SPF moisturiser, my skin will end up shiny very quickly. I actually had to stop wearing SPF because the shine was too much paired with oily skin. So this is definitely HG for me! No shine! This is also a very good primer. I'm so happy I've found this and that I can now wear SPF happily.

As for the packaging, I find it a little hard to squeeze the product out of the tube and I wish it was a little more flexible. The product itself is quite thick too, so one lippie off for that because it makes it slightly harder to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this is just an okay product for me. I wouldn't buy it again. And I don't use it for foundation primer, because it makes me look pale underneath my foundation and I have oil break through with this. What I use it for is just to put on top of my m.o.m. when I'm not wearing foundation and to give me spf protection but when It's nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely amazing! When I first started hearing about face primers, I was a tad scared to try one, due to some face products breaking me out. However, I've been using an eye shadow primer for about 4 years (MK), and it's been working wonderfully, so I figured I'd give a face primer a try! I finally broke down and got the Avon Face Perfector. I've watched a lot of positive reviews of it on YT, and since I have a friend that sells Avon, I went ahead and purchased it. I'm SOOOOOO glad that I did!

When I 1st used it, I used a tad bit too much, and it caused my skin to look a tad ashy. Therefore, a little dab on your most needed areas is all you need! I put a little bit on my forehead, my nose creases, both cheeks and my chin, then blend it in. After about 5 minutes, I go ahead and apply either my liquid foundation or pressed powder. It makes the application so much easier and fills in lines, pores and all of those things you may have been using too much cream and concealer on!!!

Lastly, it makes my face makeup last for quite a long time! I sing a lot, and when I'm hot, I usually end up wiping off all of my makeup with my face scarf or a tissue. This primer helped my makeup to stay on for HOURS! Even after wiping my face!!! That sold me right there! In addition, it didn't allow for any oil breakthrough on my skin, or causing my foundation to turn a different shade during the day.

I highly recommend this primer!!! Definite repurchase!