Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 5/24/2011 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this :( I have acne prone combination skin. I didn't notice a white cast like other reviewers, but it did seem to sit on top of my skin instead of sinking in. After a week or so I noticed a few clogged pores, but ignored it because I didn't want to admit this was breaking me out. After two or three more weeks of use of use I noticed that I had 7 or so angry cysts which I don't usually get unless my skin is not digging a new product. I stopped breaking out after I quit using this & returned it. I wish this had worked for me as I like the ingredients & it's quite affordable. I would still recommend this to people who aren't clog prone and need a good basic moisturizer with SPF.

on 5/24/2011 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin. Every time I use something different on my face, I break out, but I didn't with this lotion. It smells slightly like sunscreen, but I love the smell of sunscreen so I don't mind it. I'm pretty tan, and I've read other reviews of people saying this lotion left a white cast on their face. I only use 3/4 of a pump, and massage it onto my face. The white cast goes away after a few minutes. It doesn't make my face oily, and doesn't break me out. I can't believe this was only $8 at rite-aid! I never liked drugstore skincare products, but I love this lotion! I've used origins, clinique, boscia, clarin, and they've all been too oily for me.

[EDIT]
I get very tan in the summer, and I found that the white sheen from this lotion is noticeable on my skin. This lotion became too oily for me, especially in the summer because I live at the beach, and am always in the sun. I switched to Olay complete with spy 15 for sensitive skin, and like it a lot better.

on 5/24/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this product. I can use it all year round, and I don't break out! I feel like I am protected from harmful rays, and it's still light and moisturizing. I originally used a sample in a regular tube,and it took forever to use it all up, and I could get every last drop. Since I decided to repurchase, I had to get the Pump bottle...it is fine for now, but I'd imagine that I won't be able to get every last drop out once it starts to run out. Makeup goes on great after this.

LOVE this sunscreen! I hope they always keep making it. It's a great everyday sunscreen (not strong enough for the beach since it's just SPF 30). It blends in nicely and dries invisible. It works well under my makeup. I like that it contains physical sunscreens, too.

on 4/15/2011 5:02:00 AM

I wanted to like this product because of the high spf and it didn't make my face break out, but no matter how I rubbed this into my skin it still left a white cast. I put this on by working on small sections at a time and I still couldn't get it to disappear into my skin. I think this would work better on people without dry skin because my skin is pretty dry right now.

on 4/13/2011 9:36:00 PM

Love this stuff! I use it every day.

I have fair, combination, sensitive, rosacean skin. I don't have tons of acne, but usually I'll have a couple of zits on my face at any given time and I don't find that this stuff breaks me out at all. I really like how this lotion is not scented and feels really gentle on my face. The pump dispenser is awesome too, really easy to use and not messy. I don't find it greasy, but then I don't really have very oily skin.

Overall, great stuff!

on 4/13/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I burn easily, so this having SPF 30, I thought it would be perfect. Wrong. No matter how hard or how long I try to get it to absorb into my skin, I have a visible white cast. Granted, I'm pretty pale, but I don't need to look like I'm walking around with white makeup on. Also, I didn't find this moisturizing at all, although it did leave me feeling greasy. The quest for the perfect high SPF for my face continues.

on 4/13/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm not quite sure how I really feel about this sunscreen. I like the fact that it's spf 30 and retailed at a rather inexpensive price, contains lactic acid and suitable for sensitive skin types. I don't have sensitive skin naturally but after chemical peels the skin is more prone to sunburn and damage because of the increase sensitivity. This tends to leave traces of white residue which I don't like and takes a bit of time and effort to blend into the skin. After this bottle is finish I might return to aveeno (which worked fine and didn't leave behind a white residue) or look for other sunscreens.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product did not do justice for my tan skin at all! First of all it leaves a white cast on my face no matter how long i spend rubbing it on (which looks horrible and embarrassing with my tan complexion, its like I have the wrong shade of foundation on with an obvious color line on my face to the rest of my body), I even try using less but than that just defeats the purpose because its not enough to cover my entire face and two it is not as moisturizing as it claims and it leaves this greasy and nasty feeling on your face. It very disappointing because I had high hopes for this product especially with its SPF 30. Oh well, I guess I just have to go back to my Olay moisturizer with SPF 15.

on 4/5/2011 1:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Eucerin has such great products that really helped me with my eczema, so I picked up this lotion without hesitation. I mean, it's Eucerin, with SPF! And SPF 30 at that! Much better protection than my HG Olay SPF 15, right? So I started using this on a daily basis, under my makeup. I did notice that it didn't quite jive with my makeup as well as my Olay, but I ignored it for the sake of the higher SPF. Until, that is, a guy actually commented that my face looked white. Yikes! With the amount that should be used to ensure sun protection, there's no way that this lotion doesn't leave a whitish cast! Now I use it for my hands and arms - back to Olay for my face.