April 20, 2014 | 1471 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson Fancy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a ton of recs for this based on my usual frag choices, but refused to get it.. it just didn't smell right to me at first. I also read a bunch of reviews that said it smells more sweet/gourmand a little while after the initial application. Then, a very generous swapper included a full roll on of this and I thought, hey it's free..I'll give it a try while at home. Loved it and purchased full size bottle two days later. It does smell sweeter/gourmand-ish after a while. At first I smell lychee and musk or something.. reminds me of hanae mori w/out the currants, then the smell turns into... like a creamy almond milk- vanilla-ish smell. Very nice indeed. Excellent staying power, I think.. seems like I can smell it all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by cosebelle

I wouldn't think to buy anything Jessica Simpson. BUT... a little story. It has happened multiple times that I would compliment someone's cute shoes or purse and they would say that it was by Jessica Simpson.They would add that the prices are pretty good too. So then I thought maybe she has something here -she does have some creative input I assume. So I became more open to at least trying her frags. I sprayed Fancy on a scarf and thought, it's "ok". But the next time I picked that scarf up it smelled delicious - just vanilla/floral/creamy. So the drydown is good, which is really important. It can get disappointing when I love a perfume's top notes but not the base notes. Coco Mademoiselle is a great example of this. I looove it at first but later the only note that sticks around is the patchouli and some woodsy note and I hate it. Really the drydown is what defines the perfume for me. Sorry for the novel here, but anyway, this is a nice cool weather frag despite it being yet another celeb endorsed product with no snob appeal :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mdorese21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go to scent for the past year so can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. But whenever I pick it up I'm reminded of what my sister said when she first smelled it on me, "you smell like rootbeer" lol Even though it's on the sweet side, I don't get rootbeer from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

For the moment, especially when it's cool outside, this is my go to scent, hands down!!!! The main note is vanilla followed by peach and it's soooo lovely. It's sweet but not too sweet. I usually layer it with Body Fantasies Vanilla Fantasy or Banana Republic Rosewood. More comforting than anything. I get compliments every time I wear it. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by lareine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This took me completely by surprise. I'm 35 years old and never thought that I'd go for such a girlie looking celebrity scent, but this a sophisticated offering. It's not a cupcake scent, but a delicious fruity vanilla with a beatiful drydown.

Lasting power is very very good for this one -- I can easily smell it twelve hours after application -- but it's not strong or cloying. It would be suitable for just about any occasion in warm weather. I'll have to wait a few months to find out how it behaves in cold!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by charm22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is gorgeous, yummy and sophisticated...the bottle is stunning like Still by j-lo...it is my top 4 signatured scent! I love it! I get lots of compliments from this scent. It is a love at first sniff...lasts very long as well. two thumbs up for this scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this scent, I just gotta be in the mood to wear it. When I first purchased it I wore it everyday, I have recently started back wearing it maybe once a week. Smells like warm vanilla and caramel. When layer with the lotion it last all day. Will keep a bottle of this in my regular rotation of perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this fragrances, but it's too sweet for me and it also gives me a bad headache after I wear it for a few hours. Very sexy caramel color with a cute bottle design. This is the only perfume from Jessica simpson that I actually really liked. I try it on a few times but it wont work with me. It's not too fruity or floral, just the right amount, but i dont know why i get headaches from this scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my to go perfume these days. I do not get creamy notes but a peachy tangy sweet scent. It reminds me of the peachy note in Burberry Classic. When this dries down it is intense sweet amberry and reminiscent surprisingly of JPG Classique edp! I wont needs Classique edo again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I bought this perfume un sniffed based on the reviews. My favorite notes in perfume are vanilla and almond and anything gourmand, so I figured I would love this one. Upon application, it smells like cheap generic perfume....fast forward a good 20 minutes later and this in a nice almond, vanilla and amber scent. I do not reach for this one often (I have a ton of other perfumes) but this is a nice casual perfume to wear when I am just hanging out at home.