September 23, 2014 | 905 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine used to wear this and it smelled awesome on her so when I came across the full size bottle of this at TJ Maxx for $20, I had to get it. I tend to avoid celebrity fragrances because they seem cheesy, but I love this one. If you like sweet, vanilla fragrances you should try this. I'm terrible at describing fragrances note-wise but the ad with Jessica in it is the perfect description--sweet, girly, and a little sexy. Staying power is fantastic. I often layer it over Pink Sugar. This is perfect for winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Late to the party and I'm loving it. I have always wanted to have a cotton candy, caramel fragrance without the burnt sugar notes and now I have it in all delicious, musky warmth, good sillage and extreme lasting power of more than 24 hours - and yes, I shower:) What's funny is people tell me that I smell very sophisticated with white suede notes and I gracefully shut up:) Nowadays I find myself reaching for it more often than I think I would and it has almost replaced my beloved Gaultier Classique. I even love the friendly and airy pear note at the beginning and the tacky bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells like a generic sweet vanilla, with spicy incense undertones. I would not rank this among the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled, but it's cozy and pleasant, very feminine and people will like the way you smell. It gets the job done.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a ton of recs for this based on my usual frag choices, but refused to get it.. it just didn't smell right to me at first. I also read a bunch of reviews that said it smells more sweet/gourmand a little while after the initial application. Then, a very generous swapper included a full roll on of this and I thought, hey it's free..I'll give it a try while at home. Loved it and purchased full size bottle two days later. It does smell sweeter/gourmand-ish after a while. At first I smell lychee and musk or something.. reminds me of hanae mori w/out the currants, then the smell turns into... like a creamy almond milk- vanilla-ish smell. Very nice indeed. Excellent staying power, I think.. seems like I can smell it all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by cosebelle

I wouldn't think to buy anything Jessica Simpson. BUT... a little story. It has happened multiple times that I would compliment someone's cute shoes or purse and they would say that it was by Jessica Simpson.They would add that the prices are pretty good too. So then I thought maybe she has something here -she does have some creative input I assume. So I became more open to at least trying her frags. I sprayed Fancy on a scarf and thought, it's "ok". But the next time I picked that scarf up it smelled delicious - just vanilla/floral/creamy. So the drydown is good, which is really important. It can get disappointing when I love a perfume's top notes but not the base notes. Coco Mademoiselle is a great example of this. I looove it at first but later the only note that sticks around is the patchouli and some woodsy note and I hate it. Really the drydown is what defines the perfume for me. Sorry for the novel here, but anyway, this is a nice cool weather frag despite it being yet another celeb endorsed product with no snob appeal :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mdorese21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go to scent for the past year so can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. But whenever I pick it up I'm reminded of what my sister said when she first smelled it on me, "you smell like rootbeer" lol Even though it's on the sweet side, I don't get rootbeer from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

For the moment, especially when it's cool outside, this is my go to scent, hands down!!!! The main note is vanilla followed by peach and it's soooo lovely. It's sweet but not too sweet. I usually layer it with Body Fantasies Vanilla Fantasy or Banana Republic Rosewood. More comforting than anything. I get compliments every time I wear it. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by lareine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This took me completely by surprise. I'm 35 years old and never thought that I'd go for such a girlie looking celebrity scent, but this a sophisticated offering. It's not a cupcake scent, but a delicious fruity vanilla with a beatiful drydown.

Lasting power is very very good for this one -- I can easily smell it twelve hours after application -- but it's not strong or cloying. It would be suitable for just about any occasion in warm weather. I'll have to wait a few months to find out how it behaves in cold!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by charm22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is gorgeous, yummy and sophisticated...the bottle is stunning like Still by j-lo...it is my top 4 signatured scent! I love it! I get lots of compliments from this scent. It is a love at first sniff...lasts very long as well. two thumbs up for this scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this scent, I just gotta be in the mood to wear it. When I first purchased it I wore it everyday, I have recently started back wearing it maybe once a week. Smells like warm vanilla and caramel. When layer with the lotion it last all day. Will keep a bottle of this in my regular rotation of perfumes.