November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by nikolala

While this product does deliver in making my face silky and even, I am so dissapointed with the packaging. After a few times the pump broke, the plastic tube came off and it wasnt sucking up through the pump anymore I resorted to sticking a q-tip in the bottle to get out the rest. The packaging and the price were not worth the results. I wont be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

"whoa you look like that creepy version of hermione whats wrong with your face," yes that was my brothers reaction to me walking out of the bathroom wearing this under my foundation, its THAT good you look like a scarily perfect version of yourself it smoothes out everything and the face is flawless. I use one pump and a very small one at that and I am set apply teint miracle over it and walk out looking like you jumped out of one those magazine ads with creepy perfect skin. It is pricey but its lancome so thats expected and honestly there is so much product and considering the fact I only use this when I want to impress or feel like being 'fully made up" I think I'll be good for awhile.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I use this to fill in my pores so that my foundation applies smoother. It does control oil and make your foundation last longer, but you should also combine it with a good mattifying or long lasting foundation (by itself). It is odourless which I like, and one pump is enough to cover whole face. I do like this primer, but it is just tooooo expensive. I am also using the ELF skin primer, which has pretty similar performance as well, except the ELF one smells more chemical. For pure economics, I won't rebuy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by PastyWicks

Um. The ingredients are literally the same as monistat anti-chafing gel. And this is $42. Theres nothing beneficial to skin in this primer nor does it do anything special. The monistat gel has more benefits and is like what $7 dollars? I rest my case. :p

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by xoxkaorixox

This is by far my favorite makeup base. I use it on clients all the time and they love it!

I find it evens out the skin tone, hides wrinkles, makes pores appear smaller and glides over blemishes smoothly. Your skin will look flawless and even toned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It feels so nice on your hand, but once you put it on your face it's a no go. Normally when the primer has a silicone feel to it, it goes away once it's worked into the skin and sets... not this one. It's oily.

I am an oily skin, but my skin doesn't get dewy for a few hours of wear. This.... made me look like I was bathing in canola oil.

Would strongly suggest this to dry skinned people, who want a dewy finish. I purchased this at Nordie's and the Lancome counter manager agreed with me and that she hates this product...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by thebleutini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a sample to try and this product is not doing what it was supposed to do. I have a combination skin (very dry on cheeks and very oily on t-zone) and it made my pores look even bigger and I looked so cakey around t-zone area. I don't wear heavy make up so i know this cakey look was from the la base. This product is only good for regular to dry skin and not for oily skin. I am glad I had the sample to try otherwise it would've been a waste of money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by moole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is combination, oily T-zone and very dry cheek and chin area. I bought it based on reviews, and am very happy with the product, even though this is my first primer and I have no idea how other primers would perform.
So what it does to me:
- Make skin silky smooth for foundation - it's so smooth I can't stop touching it to feel
- Keep my makeup the same for a whole 9 hours
- Even out skin tone - I noticed some red part on my face goes away
- Control the oil on my T-zone, I didn't have to blot or reapply anything
- Work wonder on the eye area.
What I think it doesn't do :
- Cover imperfections like zits, acne scars or very large pore. It does help a bit I think, but do not expect that it would cover your pores. But I still apply foundation and that layer would do the job, so I'm not really expecting it to do that, but still ... took off 1 lippie.

Some people would feel that it's oily but I believe the right word is "silky", just because of the silicone. It doesn't make my face oily though.
At first I didn't like it that much, but then I found out that I need to wait for a bit for it to settle down (dry out) on my face before liquid foundation, I guess if you apply another liquid layer on top when it's still wet, they would get mixed and the result wouldn't be as good.
It comes in a glass bottle with a pump. Yeah if you drop it it would break, but then, 90% of my cosmetics bottles are glasses anyway. Just be extra careful when holding it. I love the design though, very classic and elegant, and I like it that the bottle reflects what is inside : transparent, silky smooth, and high quality.
I am not really sure, however, how long it would last for daily use. If it's still here after 6 months, I'm definitely repurchasing :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMary3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is seriously AMAZING.
It is an amazing base for my makeup, held my foundation on all day, and it had my skin looking really beautiful.
It helped to moisturize my skin as well, and had a gorgeous dewey sheen.
However, it's extremely pricey : / and as I'm a student I'm not willing to spend 42 USD on a Primer. Sorry Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by amberterri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer is very good, works very nicely with Lancome foundations! First impression of this was 'wow, its pricey!'. Half a pump is enough for the oily areas on my face (T-zone, chin). Packaging is a beautiful glass bottle. I use this with lancome's colour ideal foundation and they work wonderfully together.
This product lost a lippie because of the price, but other than that it's great!