Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually my second tube in a few years. I bought it recently to fill an order online, and I remembered that it delivered on the kiss of red color.

However, as a balm, it is not very moisturizing at all. I would have to re-apply several times in an hour.

I also noticed that most of the color bleeds to the outline and just outside the outline of my lips, making me look like I badly applied lipliner.

I do like the hint of color that I get from this balm, but I will not repurchase because of the non-moisturizing factor.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Nice color - Looks purplish pink when swatched onto tissue paper but gives a sheer reddish tint to my lips, which I liked since I can only wear sheer lip colors. Also, it helped to brighten up my face a little.

It is not that moisturizing and there are other versions of Nivea Lip Care do this job better (hydrocare- light blue tube). It's still not that bad, you could just swipe it and get out of the house without even looking at the mirror.

Note: After scanning through the earlier reviews, I noticed that it seems to work better on girls who are cool-toned or have pigmented lips to begin with.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Must have for my dry lips. I use it all day when i don't need lipstick. I love the sheer, red color.

PROS: Mostly sheer. Gives cool pink/light red to the lips. (The color on the lips is just a bit cooler than the color of the tube, etc.) SPF. Feels good on. Yummy scent.

CONS: Awkward application of the product due to the size and shape of the product.

ALTERNATES: The "Strawberry" version of this is more neutral, so less pink and more of a red.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well..when they say a "kiss" of color, they really mean it. I use the Nivea "kiss of moisture" and I absolutely love it. It's super hydrating and it has a texture like no other balm I have ever tried. But this...this has only a fraction of the moisture the original balm has and although the color is a nice rosey glow for low maintenance lips, I'd have really been wowed if it could have been more like the original in its consistency and moisturizing ability.
It does have a nice flavor, and I rather like the color, I was just really expecting it to be the "kiss of moisture" with cherry flavor and tint. I had plans to use this as my emergency lip and cheek stain. I'm not sure now.

I'm so confused...where is the color??? I bought this because of the reviews. I was hoping for a Chapstick replacement, something in between a red lipstick (those are too high-maintenence for me) and clear balm.

I agree with almost everything in the prior reviews: the price is right, the texture is amazing (soft, not-waxy, some sheen but not "gloss"), cherry scent is not like cough syrup, there's a faint taste like LipSmackers, leaves the faintest of faint hint of pink on my lips...for these reasons I will rebuy because it's a step up from regular clear Chapstick which leaves my ghostly pale lips, well, still ghostly.

But with this I don't get a wash of rose, a fresh raspberry, or a clown-like red. Am I doing something wrong? I layered twice, I layered then blotted then reapplied, I layered 10 times all with the same result.

I like this product just ok...
It moisturizes quite well (my lips get extremely dry sometimes), better than some colored lip balms.
The color is serious maraschino cherry and tends to be more matte and not so shiny.
IMHO, probably because of my skin tone (pale but with neutral-warm undertones) it looks wayyyy too bright if layered on too strongly, so I tend to just dab it on and then gently rub it in rather than firmly swiping it across a few times like a regular chapstick. This is all fine and dandy, however, when I use a balm to moisturize my dry lips, I expect to be able to layer whatever amount I need at that moment without looking like a clown. Only dabbing it on really doesn't quite cut it in the dry lip department.
I recommend it for people who have minimally dry lips who also want to add a pop of juicy color.
***Since there's no "maybe", I selected "no" to buying product again,

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For me, this works. I'm NW20 (fair skin, pink undertones) with hazel to green eyes and brunette hair. I don't think this is a chapped lips treatment but a good tinted balm for a pop of color when your lips are in decent shape. I've tried it with my lips more chapped and frankly, it doesn't wear as well. I also love a smidge of this warmed between my fingers and dabbed on my cheeks for a flush of natural color. Caveats: if you have the right coloring, this is a good tinted balm; if your lips aren't overly chapped, it's great for color, and I wouldn't recommend the cheek trick if you have acne or overly sensitive skin in that area. Will repurchase.

This product really didn't work for me. I am not sure if it was my skintone or what. My first intentions for this product was to have a nice tinted lip balm. But when I applied this, my lips looked like a total clown! The red was just to intense. The product is also not moisturizing at all. The only good things about this product is that it smells delicious (like a cherry candy) and the lipstick-like packaging. Even for $2.99 from CVS, I don't think this product was worth it. I do not recommend this if you want a light red lip color or you want a better tinted lip balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this sooo much! It tastes and smells exactly like red cherry popsicles, it gives a pretty natural red flush to my lips (and i sometimes double it up as a cheek tint) and it lasts a pretty long time. I would buy this again (:

Popular Lip Treatments