Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder is great for filling in the gaps at the end of my brows where the hairs grow a bit more sparsely. I've had this powder for about a year and it looks like its new. you use so little every time that i probably wont ever have to repurchase. On the price, it was $30 which is so expensive for a brow powder, sometimes I use my eyeshadows to fill in my brows and it works the same( except different texture.) this powder is silky and not chalky like eyeshadow, but i feel that it delivers a similar effect( you only notice the chalky texture in the eyeshadow when applying). Packaging is great bc its so small I can carry around with me and the compact itself is gorgeous! I think this is a great product but because of the steep price tag and the fact that my cheaper eyeshadow can do the same job, I probably wont repurchase.

on 8/26/2011 10:43:00 AM

I too have very fair skin and black, somewhat patchy brows. I went with the brunette palette wondering if it would be too light, but it actually looks quite natural. The lighter color works for day-to-day wear and I can use the darker color for a more dramatic look. The powder also colors those light, barely-there hairs so that the line of my brows looks more even and intact. Highly recommended. I was previously using Benefit's eyebrow pencil, but I had to sharpen it constantly; this is much easier!

on 8/18/2011 5:07:00 PM

I am another woman who, faced with suddenly skimpy brows in later life, figured a pencil was the way to go--to imitate hairs for a more natural look. But honestly, those pencils stay sharp for one-half an eyebrow, and finding the right color was frustrating. I always thought the powders would produce a solid, silly-looking brow--like I was trying too hard--in a color that would never match (whatever that might be). I was wrong. I am "formerly blond," now with highlights and a little gray, and use medium ash. I love that these colors aren't yellow-ish. Very grayed back, which is just what I needed. As others have said, follow the directions (dark in the bare patches, light all over). Get the proper brush--the right tools always matter. It's so easy--almost foolproof. I do also like the Laura Geller combo with the tint at one end and the gel at the other--sometimes I add that, but it's not really necessary. This is another "a little goes a long way" product--always a plus.

on 7/19/2011 3:53:00 AM

So when I tried this at sephora before, I remember it sticking to my skin a little better where my brows are sparse (the ends) and I purchased today and was slightly disappointed. I've been using mac eyeshadow in a light brown shade with a little darker pencil to clean up the bottom and edges...that look is great for when I go work (makeup artist) but I was hoping this brow powder would stick on better to give an extremely natural finish. Not so much...seems it is just the same as mac e/s so far. Maybe I need to experiment with it more.

on 5/7/2011 2:21:00 PM

I have light brown eyes, very dark hair and light skin and black eyebrows so finding a brow powder that doesnt make me look scary is a challenge. they either are too light for my black eyebrows or that make me look like i colored my eyebrows with black markers. Then i found this product in a set from ulta and i got the brush, the brow gel and tweezers in the same set. This is definately an HG, very pigmented so it will last a long time. I have no problem shelling out the money for a product I love and this is amazing I will repurchase over and over. Oh i also got the brow stencils in the same kit and ummm yeah ill pass on those.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think the product is amazing, and the texture is perfect. Well,this would be only if the color selection was good. The colors have a slight reddish/orangy feel to them, which make your brows look so fake and drawn on. Not pretty. I find that mixing it with other eyeshadows I own, improves the color, but for this prize, I shouldn't have to do that. I'm dissapointed.

on 4/21/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using samples of the Brunette powder duo for the past couple weeks... For reference, my skin is very pale right now (maybe NC15?) and my hair is dark brown, like 3-4N. I've been using the lighter of the 2 Brunette shades, which is perfect for me-- not too gray or too warm. I just apply it with a Japonesque angled brow brush, and it lasts all day. I don't even bother to set it with wax or gel. I really love this product. I'm not a fan of the overly dramatic or obviously-painted-on brows and this makes them look very natural. I deducted 2 lippies because I think the price is insane even though the product itself is wonderful.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to brow product. I used it on my brows every single day. With the two shades working together, you can get a perfect color match. I have never had a problem with it smudging or coming off. For a high end product it's not that expensive and it lasts a pretty long time. It's worth the $22. The packaging is nice with the little mirror and the logo on the front, it looks like a mini compact. It would be a little bit more sleek if the packaging were black instead of silver. I bought this color in Medium Ash but i find myself using the darker color more than the lighter (i have medium brown hair) so maybe next time, i'll go with the brunette shade. Overall, it's a great brow product and a staple for me.

on 3/29/2011 7:33:00 PM

Along with the strawburn brow pencil by this brand, I find this brow powder to be in a class of its own among all other brow powders. The gold standard. In my opinion, It lasts like no other, and I've tried practically every powder known to man and woman alike. Though some come closer than others, this is the only one that absolutely, without fail, stays put until the end of the day--through heat, humidity, or frigid rain.
Each pan is split with two colors that can be used separately or blended together (pretty standard for brow powders and nothing special in and of itself). The packaging is attractive and sturdy, with a mirror. included---an absolute must. Now, couldn't they find it in their hearts to add a teeny tiny li'l ol' brush in the compact? (Like TBS brow compact and Tarte's "Toolbox", among others) Then it would be perfectly portable and self contained for traveling in purse. It would be very nice to travel without having to pack--and search for--a separate eyebrow brush when on the go. For the price tag, this doesn't seem like too much to ask, and it's the only reason I give it a four instead of a five. :P

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this product. I'm not a natural redhead (shh! ;) so the Strawburn shade makes my brows look more natural in addition to defining them. I have fairly thin brows so this helps accentuate them while still maintaining a natural look. Much more user-friendly and natural-looking than a pencil for me. I can't even remember when I bought this product but at least a year ago, and I'm still on the same compact. It's a wee bit costly, but it lasts a long time so I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

Popular Brows Products