January 28, 2015 | 1944 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ilyanjumo08

This mascara does the trick for all types of lashes: short, long, thick, thin, full sets, light sets. It works by curling and giving an intense bold black look, I never have to use eyelash curlers again thanks to this mascara.

Some tips to consider for best results:
-start at the base of your lashes and lightly twist the brush while pulling up for a noticeable lift.
- hold the brush for an extra three seconds at the tip of your lashes for a beautiful curl.
- to avoid "spider lashes" or clumping wiggle the brush through your lashes for an envy-worthy voluminous look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Nadinelala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

oh my god, HG HG HG. this mascara is amazing! i always get compliments on my eyes when i wear this! it doesn't clump and it definetely doesnt give me spider lashes. i find this really easy to take off aswell. and best of all, IT DOESNT FLAKE ! my eyelashes look amazing with this. If you want to buy this ask for the old formula not the new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by papillon212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this mascara. It gave me "spider lashes" and I didn't like the brush, tapered is clearly for getting the tiny lashes but because I have shorter lashes the long brush really is awkward for me. It also seemed hard to take off. It did seem like a nice consistency however, not too clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is now definitely HG!Definitely my new HG mascara. Well I have two HG'S now and this is one.
I got a small tube of it in the estee lauder spring gift with purchase, and boy am I glad!
This product is able to give me the most payoff with the least amount of work in comparison to all of the mascaras that I've tried. The brush is perfect for getting every single lash with little trouble in the inner eye area, and it never clumps up on me. It definitely lifts like they suggest- my eyes instantly look wider and more awake with one application. It has to be the most complete mascara: curls beautifully, it is really black, gives amazing length and thickness, the brush combs in a great way separating lashes really well, washes off easily, and also I adore the packaging (the golden tube breathes luxury).not tacky like million lashes lol
I've had compliments like "oh you're lashes look so long!".

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by meowrena

I got this mascara as a sample in my Loose Button Luxe Box (Canadian version of Birch Box) and I love it! The brush is tapered, so it is more narrow towards the end of the brush so you can reach the lashes near the inner corner of your eye.

The formulation isn't too thick so it won't clump your lashes and it applies easily.

It does volumize and lift a bit, but you won't notice too much lengthening action.

Overall, I think this is a good product, and I'll be purchasing it in full size!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by oxurazngurlxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried many mascaras from high end to low end and sadly this one is a bad choice for me. I have very short thin asian lashes. Seeing all the good reviews on this i spurge on this. This truly dissapointed me because it does not hold a curl!!!!!! I always curl my lashes with my shu mechanical eye lash curler and after applying this, this mascara undo my curl. It does volumize and it does lengthen my lashes a bit but this undo my curl and after about 5 hours i notice a little bit of smudging on my outter lower lash line. I gave this mascara many chances and I am finally tossing it away. There's drugstore mascara that are much better than this like covergirl lash blast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample as a part of an EL campaign. It is a good mascara, however IMHO Lancome do better mascaras. It does its job in building your lashes but other mascaras (such as Hypnose from Lancome) do it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by mythe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG! HG! HG! As you might have noticed, I am totally blown away with this mascara. I don't need to curl my lashes anymore. 2 coats makes my lashes loooong, curled. No clumping too! I've actually had people (mainly my husband) can't get over how curled and lush my lashes look. This is a first for me. I truly think my search for my perfect mascara is over. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW!!!

This is an awesome mascara. I got it as a GWP. I usually don't buy high end mascara's because I think there are some really good drugstore products out there for a good price. I just might have to hit the Estee Lauder counter for this when I use up may sample.

This give great length and volume. My lashes look BANG, BOOM, POW!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have short, straight eyelashes and used to use two mascaras one for length, the other for volume as well as my eyelash curler. After many disappointments ( all high end products btw) I tried Sumptuous and I will never buy anything else. I use EL lash primer first and apply 2 coats while the primer is still wet. The coverage and curl is amazing. It never clumps or flakes and I am free of the frustration of the curler. The brush is really well designed as it is tapered so you can manipulate individual lashes should you want to. The bristles grab every hair and coat them evenly from root to tip. The formula can be generously layered for drama without leaving you gunky but one coat is great for opening up the eye in a natural way. All gushing aside, it feels a little stiff and dry at the end of the day and I can understand that could be uncomfortable for some. Curling mascaras are stiff if they are effective and this one is. I use EL take it away makeup remover and I never have lash breakage during removal. If you have short eyelashes and you need lift, this is incomparable. I wish I had tried it sooner.