October 25, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by oxurazngurlxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried many mascaras from high end to low end and sadly this one is a bad choice for me. I have very short thin asian lashes. Seeing all the good reviews on this i spurge on this. This truly dissapointed me because it does not hold a curl!!!!!! I always curl my lashes with my shu mechanical eye lash curler and after applying this, this mascara undo my curl. It does volumize and it does lengthen my lashes a bit but this undo my curl and after about 5 hours i notice a little bit of smudging on my outter lower lash line. I gave this mascara many chances and I am finally tossing it away. There's drugstore mascara that are much better than this like covergirl lash blast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample as a part of an EL campaign. It is a good mascara, however IMHO Lancome do better mascaras. It does its job in building your lashes but other mascaras (such as Hypnose from Lancome) do it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by mythe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG! HG! HG! As you might have noticed, I am totally blown away with this mascara. I don't need to curl my lashes anymore. 2 coats makes my lashes loooong, curled. No clumping too! I've actually had people (mainly my husband) can't get over how curled and lush my lashes look. This is a first for me. I truly think my search for my perfect mascara is over. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW!!!

This is an awesome mascara. I got it as a GWP. I usually don't buy high end mascara's because I think there are some really good drugstore products out there for a good price. I just might have to hit the Estee Lauder counter for this when I use up may sample.

This give great length and volume. My lashes look BANG, BOOM, POW!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have short, straight eyelashes and used to use two mascaras one for length, the other for volume as well as my eyelash curler. After many disappointments ( all high end products btw) I tried Sumptuous and I will never buy anything else. I use EL lash primer first and apply 2 coats while the primer is still wet. The coverage and curl is amazing. It never clumps or flakes and I am free of the frustration of the curler. The brush is really well designed as it is tapered so you can manipulate individual lashes should you want to. The bristles grab every hair and coat them evenly from root to tip. The formula can be generously layered for drama without leaving you gunky but one coat is great for opening up the eye in a natural way. All gushing aside, it feels a little stiff and dry at the end of the day and I can understand that could be uncomfortable for some. Curling mascaras are stiff if they are effective and this one is. I use EL take it away makeup remover and I never have lash breakage during removal. If you have short eyelashes and you need lift, this is incomparable. I wish I had tried it sooner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the gift when i bought one of their eyeliners. It's awesome. I curl my eyelashes and put 2-3 strokes on them and they look 2x fuller,longer, & attractive. I'm Asian(:

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, one thing I'm happy about is that EL always packages a mini size in their GWP so that I can try out their latest and greatest without wasting add'l money for a mascara I may not like. It simply saves me a return. IME with EL, their mascaras are just not that great. The packaging is elegant, the marketing is intruguing, but the product itself is average. I found this mascara to be lacking in several areas. 1) The brush bristles are too soft to be able to penetrate my lashline. I prefer a brush with firmer bristles. 2) The wiper on the inside of the bottle could use an adjustment to wipe more product off the bristles. IMO if these two parts of the packaging are not right, the formula does not really matter. The formula itself was just okay, nothing special about it. So, if I wipe off the bristles and apply in thin thin coats, I can get the length and thickness I want, but this takes too long. I need to be able to apply this in one coat and GO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

it took a few coats of this to get the really volumized effect i like. all in all it's a good mascara...not totally wow'ed and will still keep trying new ones

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this product is better than drugstore mascara, however I feel it is lacking in "lifting". I needed a mascara that could hold a curl- and that was my main concern when picking one out. The lady at EL suggested this one- saying this is what she wears, and her makeup looked good, however you could tell she had a LOT of layers on. I like to use two coats at most. It does not hold my curl, and even when using an eyelash curler and putting this on I still have some eyelashes that stick straight out. It does make my eyelashes look really nice though when I take the time to apply it perfectly. Not an "on the go" mascara as it can clump.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Extremely expensive and made my eyelashes hard. Matte black, dry/dusty looking, added no volume or length.My eyelashes looked stringy and stuck together. I am also certain that this contributed to, if not the sole contributor, to the fact I now have a patch of really short eyelashes, due to breakage. Since this mascara made my eyelashes so hard it was probably the cause. It looks so bad now, it's in the third, outer quadrant of my left eye. Needless to say I will not be repurchasing, finishing the rest of the one that I have, or opening the new one that I have (had to buy 2 to get a GWP). What a waste of money and eyelashes.