September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cwiese

This is a review of the white handled brush that retails for about $12. I concur with the the other reviews posted for this brush on the issue of shedding - this brush sheds a lot!! While the first 3 months were great, now I am getting a lot of 'fallout' every time I use the brush. The fragments of coarse hair that are left on the face, sink and clothing are difficult to get off. My MAC, Sephora house-brand and Trish McEvoy brushes have outlasted this one by years!! I would definitely invest in a better quality brush at the front end rather than scrimp for a brush that has a short lifespan!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by alsaldana91

I love these brushes! My aunt told me that they are made in the same factory as MAC brushes. I don't know if its true, but I'd like to think I'm getting a deal out of it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very soft, doesn't shed, and it's large enough to be effective. Great brush for the price. I find I use this much more often than my $65 Trish McAvoy powder brush. Plus it's smaller so I can fit it in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

Smart investment! This is a wonderful wonderful natural hair brush for its price. love the oval shape. can be used for loose powder, press powder, blush, contouring, or even liquid foundations! I also prefer the not so dense bristles, as it picks up powder lightly, which is very important for a sheer application of blushes or loose powders. It's not the softest bristles on the market, but totally acceptable. Honestly, I've never found it scratchy even on my super sensitive cheeks. Great quality too. I've used it for quite a few years and it is still as soft and full as before, although it did shed occasionally in the very first year. Overall, a very versatile, affordable, high quality brush, one of my must-haves ;-D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, I also own the cheaper version( the one with white handle). Half price, similar shape, a little fuller bristles( just a little bit). but A LOT more scratchy. Don't buy it, believe me, not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kisha5595

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased the large powder brush, and the new flat top blush brush from the black handle ergonomic line, and i am in love! I did the initial wash and not one hair fell out. The softness of the bristles are definitely comparable to any high end brand. I've also been using the small e/s brush, the angle brush, and the smudge brush every day since Christmas and haven't had a problem yet. I reach for these brushes just as often as i reach for my M.A.C. brushes. The smudge brush is great for getting the inner eye area. I use the small shadow brush to sweep on color, or apply pigments. And I use the angle brush for lining my eye with shadow. I am in love with the softness, and you can't beat the price for what you're getting. I don't recommend the cheaper white handled brushes though. I only had a couple e/s ones and they fell apart after a couple of washes. And i only wash my brushes once a week, so.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by keahi

To be clear I'm reviewing the bargain version with the white handle that retails for around $12, NOT the sexy hour-glass figure black handled version that will bust you around $25. To me the 2 looked similar enough bristle-wise that I didn't think the sexy handle was worth an additional $15. Now I'm wondering if there was more than met the eye. . .
To it's credit, the head of the brush is just the right size, bristles are a good density, it is real hair, soft, and applies powder evenly and well. In fact this would be a great brush were it not for the fact that it sheds like a mofo. I had to painstakingly pick the hairs off my face and was discovering (to my horror) black, wiry, pube-esque brush hairs hours later--hiding in my hairline, my eyebrows, underneath my chin. Not cool. Maybe it's because I washed this before my first use? Either way--this could be a deal-breaker. If the shedding ever dies down I'll come back and bump up some lippies. Right now though, this is a clunker. I hate to admit it, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

So soft!
I bought this brush based on the reviews here.
I canīt believe I was suffering with the BE kabuki (awful brush).
This is a incredible and inexpensive brush. Doesnīt shed and applies my NARS loose powder beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Love it!
I have the powder brush with the short, chunky, blue metallic handle (also $11 like the black/white long-handled one). I like the short handle because it fits in a small make-up bag or purse and it's easier to use. The metal handle makes it slightly heavier, so it feels like "high quality."
The brush is very soft and picks up powder really well, distributing it evenly on my face. There has also been minimal shedding so far, compared to any other make-up brush I have owned. I also have a Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow brush and based on these two purchases I would definitely buy more from this line - they are good quality for a low price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by morphinekitty

This brush picks up the perfect amount of powder and is super soft. I bought it from Target for around $12 and it was definetly worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

I'm in love. I had heard great things about this brush in plenty of magazines but was always a bit jaded seeing that most items "featured" in magazines are paid for. I tossed my Bourgese powder brush after i was fed up with stray hairs left all over my face when powdering. I had ordered the DiorShow powder brush on eluxury the same week (because i had a store credit) and I returned it the next day because it was small compared to others and not as soft. I bought the MAC #150 because all my friends use it and rave about it. It's a great brush but i still had this funny feeling especially since its about $50...my boyfriend and i were running errands a couple days later and i saw this Sonia Kashuk brush at Target and remembered all the great stuff i read in magazines... i was a bit discouraged that it was $20 because well.. i was at Target and it seemed expensive for Target... then i thought logically about how i have a $50 mac brush at home so i bought it on a whim. That's when i fell in love. I couldn't believe how soft and full it is!! I had my boyfriend close his eyes and i brushed it against his arm - doing the same with the MAC brush. He thought the softer one was the MAC brush but it was the Sonia Kashuk brush!! I returned the mac brush that evening. I've been using it for about 3 months and haven't had any problems with stray hairs left on my face. It's still pretty, full and soft and puts powder/brush/bronzer on my face perfectly! The handle is sturdy and easy to hold and I can't stop mentioning how soft and full it is. Worth every penny and then some. I would have gladly forked over $50 for it but thankfully it's only $20!!