MAC Saint Germain (Amplified Creme)

4.1

on 4/22/2011 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

After trying many nudes, and soft pinks I decided to just take the plunge and try a full on pink. This is my first real pink color and I have to admit while some people might think it looks repulsive on darker skin tones, I find that with all makeup its all based on taste. Of course it'll look less obvious on a lighter skin tone but it makes a nice contrast on dark skin tones as well. Its definitely not a everyday look for me, I'm NC40-42 skin tone, but on days that I want my lips to be the star of my look, I throw this on. I'm not a huge fan of the blue/purple base to this color but its not too noticeable. The formula is my favorite, but for this it feels a bit drying, unlike the Viva Glam GaGa II which is an Amplified as well. Coverage is superb though!

on 4/19/2011 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was really pleasantly surprised how much pigment this had and even though I am more of a gloss girl, I am impressed enough to want more Mac lipsticks. This has almost as much pigment as lip tars but without the stickiness, and lip tars tend to separate on you when apply gloss over it. Overall easier to use and very good quality. The color is very bright and I use it sparingly going more for application on the center parts of my lips to give it fullness then apply gloss over, otherwise it would look too bright but at night I can apply a bit more, I love the versatility of this color.

on 4/13/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I normally wear light pink/nude shades on my lips but decided I wanted to start wearing other shades so Saint Germain is where I started. And I'm so glad i did!! It's the perfect pink shade that is bold but easy to wear! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Sexy! Ive wanted this lipstick forever & i finally bought it a few days ago. I used up my gaga lipstick, but this is way better! Its a really bright pastel pink with strong lilac tones. I am NW20 right now, and it looks perfect. It lasts pretty long but its really drying so i have to apply lots of lip balm. I wish this was perm cuz i wear it almost everyday

on 4/2/2011 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

It just dosen't look right. NC40 for reference.

on 4/2/2011 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love this shade!! Such a pretty babrie pink, it's a great alt to the MAC Nicki Minaji lipstick(soo hard to find)

on 3/29/2011 11:14:00 PM

Love, love, love this. The color is absolutely beautiful. I'm a nc20-25 and this lipstick look so lovely on me when applied with a light hand. But I can never pull off this color when applied heavily, it's way too barbie-like. Some people find this color too bright. In that case, I would suggest Snob or Viva Glam Gaga.

on 3/5/2011 9:39:00 PM

I personally LOVE this color. I would love it more if it was a Lustre or a Glaze, but it's an Amplified and it shows EVERY SINGLE CRACK on your lips!! That's the only bad thing about it.
Because this is the brightest pink lipstick ever!
I do love it, but it does feel a bit drying also.

I would've given 4.5 as this colour seems to pick up on flaky lips quite easily and is a bit iffy to apply (use your fingertips to blend it in otherwise it will be streaky on your lips) but i just love the colour. it is very barbie-ish but i think that if you have a certain look you can make it look cool rather than fake plastic-ish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I was going to absolutely love this, but it didn't turn out that way. And ever since the show Jersey Shore aired, the color reminds me of Snookie (not in a good way).
The good things: It's very pigmented so there's no need to line your lips; the color is unique; suits fair skin well.
Bad things: Drying; emphasizes dry/chapped lips; can be streaky if not applied evenly.
It's a fun color to have, but I won't be repurchasing.

Recommended for Medium Skin