October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best mascara I have ever used. I have used anywhere from MAC to Wet N' Wild, and this one wears the crown! It is such a great product I don't even know where to start! Well, the packaging is freaking adorable yellow and purple (holy cuteness!). The brush is what I love so much about this mascara, it is full and fluffy, but not so much that you feel like you are applying mascara with a round brush. The consistency is absolutely perfection, not to thin, not to thick, perfect. One coat looks great for everyday wear, two coats looks sultry, and three coats is bombshell lashes, almost false lash looking. This product is well worth the purchase, you will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS THE BEST MASCARA! Any of the colossal lash mascaras have an amazing formula. I personally think its the collagen that makes this product so effective! I love love love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Colohope19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this mascara when I first got it, it was (and still is) very very black and makes my lashes look really dramatic, which is what I'm looking for, but as it dries up a little more, it working less well, but that is to be expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by AbigailMcCallen

Hands down, this is one of the best drugstore mascaras.

PROS: great volume and length, very natural looking, easy and quick to apply, nice applicator, and great price.

CONS: when I first put it on it has a very strong smell and by the end of the day I always have mascara "crumbs" under my eyes.

Overall, I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Gives good length and volume definitely, but can cake up and thicken tooo much sometimes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

This has easily become one of my favorite drug store mascaras! Mascara is one of the beauty items I will almost always splurge on, but during a drug store haul I decided to try this one and fell in love with it! I used it to alternate with Mary Kay Lash Love. I found MK to be more of a natural, every day look. This product is a lot more full, providing much more volume. Typically, this is the sort of look I prefer, especially for a nighttime look. I found it to be very volumizing, buildable, lengthening, and yet lightweight. The brush itself is a bit big, so I would make more errors with this but that is easily fixable (once it dries, mascara flakes off with a Q-tip...stop rubbing it off when it's still wet, ladies!).
Anyway, I will definitely be repurchasing this mascara when I run out of all my GWPs I have hanging around. Great formula, love this out of all the drug store mascaras out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

How many tubes of this mascara have I bought? I don't know, because I've lost track!! I've been using this for years and always regret when I stray

I use the 'carbon black' version of this which comes in a yellow and black tube. IMO it's the best of this range

Pros: very very volumising, easily buildable, no clumps, great price
Cons: none really. Don't get such a good result on the corner lashes as I do with my lancome mascara that has a conical brush - however this product is half the price and I don't have to wait a month for it to dry out and become usable!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by cynx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really short eyelashes so this deft does wonders for me at least. I previously tried the mega plush, only I noticed the difference. It does clump after one coat which is unfortunate but I'm still using it !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've repurchased this several times because I like it so much. Not crazy about the yellow tube but I overlook that and the faint scent of this formula because my lashes look so great, my eyes never get irritated by the end of the day, and it washes off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by muysie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara was ok. I hated it at first because it made my lashes clump into three awkward spires. This got better with time but I still prefer my Revlon charlie megawink, even though its smugding is pretty horrific- at least it separates ans volumises and somehow doesnt give you spider lashes even though mine almost look that way naturally! The maybelline was ok at staying on long with a tiny bit of flaking. Don't get the hype with maybelline mascaras since this is the only one I've found that's bearable. That said I haven't tried full and soft yet.Oh and it made my eyes burn a bit :O. I said I would buy it again because it has been the best so far at not smudging. But I have a new photoready 3D volume that might replace it!