April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Blending Sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this sponge...the price is pretty good and the sponge helps to blend my makeup flawlessly. The only problem I have is that I feel like it absorbs too much foundation and I have trouble cleaning it. Other than that, I would contnue to use this, although I think I'll look for other options.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

thought I liked it for a bit there but is a waste of money i rather use my fingers to blend it into my skin! the fingers are the best beauty tool...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Kaos

Great product! My foundation goes on smooth and even. I also use alot less! My only complaint is that after 2 months of use - bits of it are coming off. Other than that it is wonderful! Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sincityshopper

I really like this sponge. I use liquid foundation and always apply with my MAC foundation brush and I have some of the wedge sponges for light touch ups here & there. I saw the reviews for this on You Tube and decided to hunt one down at my local Target. It was the last one on the shelf so I snagged it. I used it damp and it worked really well. I will continue to use it and possibly replace it when I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a fan of makeup sponges or brushes when I apply foundation. That said, I really do love this product. I find it to be really top notch when applying my foundation. I use a stippling method with this and sometimes I slightly wet it for an even more airbrushed effect as I go over my foundation again. My problem still is that I do not use sponges that often so I tend to only use this when I have alot of time to apply my makeup (if I'm going out at night, for example).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this (in purple lol) a couple of months ago and am still using that one...Today I bought a backup because I love it so much. It just blends foundation in perfectly...I have dry skin and tend to get dry patches despite exfoliating and moisturizing regularly. This sponge gives that "airbrushed" finish people talk about and also, the thinner end is perfect for blending foundation under the eye and around the sides of the nose/nostrils. Another use: I blend my foundation (either mineral or liquid) with a mixing medium to thin it out...and use this sponge to apply over my face, for a great smooth & even finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i haven't bought the pink beauty blender from sephora so i can't compare, but i have this and it works great for me! it makes putting on liquid foundation so easy, fast, and efficient! my make up takes me minutes now in the morn and this really makes it go on effortlessly so there's barely any need to blend it out.
i got a purple one though fr my target (yep, it's fr sonia kashuk but i haven't seen the blue one in my area). i washed it w/ my cetaphil gentle cleanser and it seems to be cleaning just fine the only problem is i've only had it for like 2 1/2 weeks and now i notice bits of it coming out when i wash it so i don't see it lasting me more than 4 weeks MAX. this is kinda expensive in the long run if i pay $10 a pop for this and have to get a new one every month whereas a brush would last me.. well, practically forever.
if you don't mind shelling out the money, than it's definitely worth it tho. imma go back to get more, or maybe shell out for the pink beauty blender to see if that'll last longer (supposedly 3 months for a $20 one, or $25 for a pack of 2) b/c it really is SO MUCH better/faster for liq foundation in the morning that it's worth it for me for the time it saves!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

The blue peep is a god-send to liquid foundation. It's great to teach teens how blended their foundation should be because it's VERY hard to screw it up! I use this in my T-zone only and brush the rest to save on time. It works wonders!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I, too, have fallen prey to the blue peep craze. I originally bought it to help my inept self apply liquid foundation b/c I just couldn't get the hang of applying it w/ a foundation brush. Here's how I use it: wet sponge thoroughly, squeeze excess water. Pour a small amount of liquid foundation on the back of your hand, dab the sponge into that. "Offload" the excess foundation on another [clean] part of your hand. Start to apply by dabbing sponge on whatever part of the face needs it (I usually just apply in the t-zone). Powder as (or if) needed. Done. I have since ditched liquid (again) in favor of my true love, powder foundation, and have found that applying it DRY w/ the blue peep using the same pouncing-technique gives me light-medium coverage (enough to even out my skintone) that still looks natural. Here are some other observations: I clean the sponge w/ brush cleaner (MAC), which works better than the shampoo I was using -- no foundation residue is left on the sponge at all. We'll see how the high alcohol content of the cleaner affects the peep in the long run. Also, I am currently using Shiseido Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation, which is much softer and looser in texture than their Powdery Foundation (which is hard and densely packed). Using a kabuki brush made powder fly everywhere and a traditional powder brush left brush marks in the cake. The flat sponge that's included gave me too much coverage (=mannequin face). The blue peep is the perfect application choice for me w/ this particular foundation and I'm very happy w/ the combination of the two.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by lilplayer637

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hey ladies i wanted to share how i clean my blending sponge i usually use my stippling brush then on my neck area i blend it out some more with my sponge well this sponge is hard to clean well i remembered today that enkore from youtube deep clean makeup brushes with evoo so i tried that on my blending sponge amazingly it go everything out with no effort it also will make ur sponge last longer without all the ring out you have to do when washing give it a try it will also work will the beauty blender too