December 19, 2014 | 1596 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mlosterhout

I wanted to like this bb cream so bad. I really really did. This was my first asian bb cream, before I was using maybelline "bb cream". I ordered a #13 and #21 so I would be able to mix them together if one of the colors wasn't perfect for me. I ended up being able to use #21 by itself. When I first put it on, I loved the way it looked. Good coverage for what I wanted and more than what the maybelline was doing for me.

Unfortunately through out the day, the Missha bb cream dried out my skin and made me break out. I'm not sure if this is something I should stick out to see if my skin gets used to it or toss it right now and go back to what I was using. I do know that I probably won't buy it again though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ugh. I hated this. Two words: MINERAL OIL.

I won't go into detail about packaging, scent etc as there are already thousands of detailed reviews out there. I just want to add my thoughts on this. I was really excited to try this because it came in a pale shade #13, but was so disappointed. I only used this a few times before throwing it in the bin. I usually give products away to friends or family when they don't work for me but are still decent products. This went straight in the bin, no second thoughts.

Firstly, there was ZERO coverage when I applied it. It just slid around my skin during application and didn't cover a damn thing.

Secondly, it looked and felt quite greasy, and even though I set it with powder I got shiny again in no time. And I don't even get that oily! I only get some shine on my chin towards the end of the day, never on my nose or forehead. I applied this at 7am and by 10am at my desk at work, my nose was shining like a beacon. I am not being dramatic. I didn't even have to check in the mirror to discover that my nose was shiny, I could see it between my eyes (does that make sense?). I had the light from my computer screen bouncing off my nose and I thought "WTH is that?" so I pulled out my compact and found my nose looked like I had just coated it in oil. I didn't have blotting papers with me so I just patted on some powder, and it caked like crazy because it just clung to the oil sitting on top of my skin. So I went to the bathroom and washed my face with the generic hand soap. It was that bad, I just wanted it off my face.

Thirdly, even though I only wore this a few times for a few hours at a time (I was hopeful that it would somehow end up working for me and I'd love it as much as everyone else does) I ended up with clogged pores. Not blackheads or whiteheads, just those horrible bumps that are near impossible to get rid of unless you extract them (squeeze them out).

Overall, I absolutely HATED this and can only surmise that the mineral oil was the culprit for the crap results I got, and the crap skin I ended up with. For an original Asian BB Cream (you know, one that's supposed to HEAL and BENEFIT your skin), it's really disappointing that this contains a cheap filler ingredient that is known to clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mayarosec

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This bb cream is better than any other ones I've tried. You can buy it on amazon for nearly as cheap as the drugstore versions from Maybelline, Revlon, and L'Oreal and it seriously works 10 times better. It goes on SO smoothly and it's amazing how much coverage a small pump can provide! I don't know how well it would work for people with severe acne, but I have fairly clear skin with redness and the occasional zit on my t-zone and this bb gives me a nice natural complexion. My mom actually seemed surprised that I was wearing any makeup on my face at all! Missha bb cream does what all bb creams are advertised to do but can't actually deliver on. It provides beautiful, natural coverage while actually improving and protecting your skin due to its 42 spf. This product is definitely ideal for people like me who are pretty low maintenance with makeup and don't want to put on concealer, primer, powder, and foundation everyday but would still like a polished look.

I'm really pale, especially in the the winter, and I wear 21 so keep that in mind. If you wouldn't describe yourself as pale, definitely go with the 23 or above. If you're super fair--as in the palest shade a brand offers is still too dark for you, then the 15 shade would probably be perfect.

The only reason I wouldn't give this bb cream a full five stars is because by the end of the day it gets sort of dry and unattractive in some patches on my face, although that's probably due more to my skin than the product. It also can make my skin look a little grey-ish and dull after awhile. Overall this is definitely the best bb cream that I've used, but it's not perfect. I still want to try other things to see if I can find something else that works better for me.

Edit: After using this for over six months I love it even more and can definitely say it's an hg of mine. I don't have problems with a grey cast or dry patches anymore, so I'm bumping up my rating to five stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, my skin is dry, sensitive and very acne prone. I have acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone. I normally wear full coverage foundation and I have use a lot of them to cover up and none of them ever looks natural. I decided to try an Asian BB cream finally and after using it for a month I will stop buying foundation. This stuff has been seriously almost life-changing for me and my problem skin. It definitely covers up redness and pores and acne scars while looking natural. I won't say this gives complete total coverage but the coverage is high enough but still remains natural. Wearing this someone said to me that my skin was looking good and that they could not see that I was wearing makeup on my skin. Although it was such a deception, I knew this BB cream has done wonders, especially a comment from someone that doesn't wear/like heavy makeup. This also has the longevity that I need my makeup to be for a whole work day. It lasts the entire day and with a few touch ups can be worn into the night. Even with my dry skin I set it with powder to keep it in place. The packaging is great too. Depending on the size of tube you buy it comes in a pump in the larger size and a squeeze tube in the smaller size. The price is reasonable around $19 CAD for the large size from missha.ca or prettyandcute.com.

I absolutely love this BB cream and other non-asian BB can't compare. I have also used Tarte's BB cream and one from Revlon - although both felt nice on the skin they did not give the same coverage or look of the missha.

I am around nc40/nc42 and asian BB creams rarely come in darker shades. I use #27 and #31 to give me my perfect shade. #27 is more yellow while #31 is more red/pink. (another BB alternative for those with nc42-44 is skin79 bronze). I use #27 on the inner parts of my face and a tad of #31 on the outer areas.

For reference, other foundations I had used to coverup: dermablend, cover fx, kat von d lock it, revlon whipped, mufe mat velvet, mac prolongwear, mac studio fix fluid, estee lauder double wear. The missha bb cream has replaced my foundations and with a tad bid of mac prolonwear concealer in areas for extra coverage, my skin looks better then it ever has. I have also not broken out from this or had any type of reaction. I will update if anything does change.

#Update: 3 months later (3/30/2014) - I still love this BB cream and use this daily. No issues with breaking out. Was a bit drying during January but I switched primers and no setting powder and it helped.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Ninotackii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only Asian BB cream I have tried. I have it in shade 27 Honey Beige. This bb cream provides medium buildable coverage. It has so much more coverage AND hydration than its American drugstore counterparts. I have not tried medium-end or high-end BB or CC creams yet because I am very satisfied with Missha's BB cream. I have dry skin and flake easily in the winter and especially if my skin is inflamed or irritated. This BB cream helps control the flaking and does not worsen existing dry patches. I always try to snag one off MIssha's official website when it's on sale. Usual price is $30 but it often goes on sale for $18. If you are interested in this BB cream, be wary of fakes especially on eBay, that is why I only order it from MisshaUS.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

I've tried a few BB creams: Revlon, Garnier, Olay, etc. This is my first "Asian" BB cream and I must say, I really do like it but I don't see any miracles with it. It has okay coverage, not that I'm expecting much. Although I do find that it's kind of heavy(?) on my skin. I can feel it throughout the day. I also don't think it's that great for oily/combo skin even when set w/ a powder. But all in all, I do really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lieiamia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I freaking love this product! even though i started using it today,i already like it so much!!! However i find the coverage is pretty light and i have to build them up but it really stays on my face for long and does not cake up! its pretty pricey here in my country :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in shade 23. It was my perfect shade. It glides on perfectly on my skin and giving me a natural glow that isn't shiny. It makes my skin looks good naturally. This doesn't gives high coverage but more of a medium coverage. I don't want to build it up cos I want to have a natural looking face. so this is good for a everyday use. For important events, I will use my Shu Uemura lightbulb foundation or my ELDW! well, I do have sensitive skin but this doesn't breaks me out. Lucky me!^^

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, dry skin, NC30-35 depending on season. Missha M Perfect BB Cream is great because unlike other Korean bb cream brands, this actually has a selection of shades. I got No. 23 and it fits me perfectly. Even during season changes, it's fine since it oxidizes to your skin color so it being a little light doesn't make a difference.

Coverage is pretty good. I find that it is sheer and light, but buildable. I recommend this mostly for people with good or decent skin as I don't think it would be heavy enough to really create a flawless look for those with a lot of blemishes.

Smells like sunscreen and I like that, lol. Otherwise the smell isn't too bad. The packaging is good as it gives you a cap and it's a pump tube in a reasonable size. I found this to be very travel-friendly, which is good because I needed to blot quite a bit using this. I blotted every 3ish hours and then fixed what went away.

I did however give it 3 lippies because it broke me out. I have sensitive skin so I'm not surprised as many products tend to break me out. I'm really sad because I liked it and wanted to use it all the time. :( Despite the blotting, I did find that using this was better than Skin79 Gold because of the color range it offers. They were similar in effect, but Skin79 was way too light for me. This was a perfect shade, just not perfect enough sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by wombear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this BB cream for over a month now and I must say, it's LOVE! I have No. 27 Honey Beige (from Yesstyle) that is a tad too dark for my skin if layered on, but blends beautifully with my Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream in #23. I decided not to purchase shade #23 for the Perfect Cover because it was a little too white and ashy for me. Missha needs to make a shade in 25 for us girls that sit in between 23 and 27. If I prep my skin well (exfoliate, rosehip oil, moisturiser), this BB cream goes on like a dream and my dry patches only becomes noticeable by the end of the day. Also I have an extremely dry patch just below my nose which I just can't seem to get rid off some days even with exfoliating/moisturising etc, but with this BB cream it is not too noticeable (unlike my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum which is supposedly for dry skin).

I apply this using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it buffs it in nicely. One layer evens out my skin tone, and if I layer it another time it gives a good medium coverage. Before using this BB cream I hadn't worn foundation for almost 6-7 years. This has been the perfect re-introduction into make-up for my face!