November 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by blndiee06

I feel like this is a lighter coverage foundation and good for people with clear skin.

The MAC artist used this on me for my wedding and it stayed on from 11am-2am the next morning with no oiliness. I highly recommend this to people with drier skin...it's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Jonnycarter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When i went to my nearest mac store in selfridges i was looking for a new foundation that was lighter on the skin and felt natural ( as it was summer and really hot) and so one of the make-up artists suggested the mineralize satinfinish spf 15 foundation as they said it was 'a step more than a tinted moisturizer'. So for me this was exactly what i was looking for & so i bought it and couldn't wait to try it the net day.The packaging is in a slightly frosted glass bottle with a black pump dispenser which i appreciated as other mac foundations like studio fix or select spf 15 foundations had no pump with them and you had to purchase them seperately.It says it has Vitamins A,C & E in aswell as broad spectrum AV/AB protection.Its supposed to make your skin look flawless with a healthy glow.So i tried this foundation with a 187(stippling brush) & used about 2 pumps.The foundation easily blended into my skin and left a really nice glow.I checked my face outside to see if the colour matched my face and it did so that was another plus.I set this foundation with Mac mineralize skinfinsh loose powder or the mineralize skinfinsh natural powder which is compressed(either do just as good of a job). Throughout the day the foundation i noticed did not move around and looked really natural.I put the foundation on about 8.30 in the morning and came to look at it at 2.00 in the after noon and it wasn't looking bad but needed a dusting of powder.By about 11.00 at night when i finally came to remove all my make-up i noticed that it had quite alot of resistance and stayed natural all day.I have oily skin but i didnt find it turned my face into an oil slick i only needed to powder my face twice in the whole time i was wearing it.So all in all my general opinion on this foundation is that i actually quite liked it and it did look & feel very natural all day so it is a winner with me :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mauvism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I'm only basing this review on a sample of the product, but it's been enough for several applications - and then the rest went in the bin :-(

Even for MAC, this foundation is truly horrible (yes, you'd be right in assuming I'm not a fan of their foundations in general...) A thick, sticky, glittery mess. Hard to blend and seems to highlight every slightly dry patch on my face... and I have reasonably good skin! I've managed to make this look 'almost' reasonable by blending, blending, blending, but you know what... why bother when almost every other foundation I've used gives better results for less effort? I like a glow, but c'mon... discoball? Nein danke.

The colour I used was NC20 which I found was also bizarrely light (and extremely YELLOW), given that I've also been matched with NW20 (too dark/orange), NW15 (too pink) and NC15 (too pale).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Coverage is light to medium and suits people with dry skin better. The good thing about this foundation is a wide range of colors for pink and yellow undertone and not just pinkish tones alone. I have oily skin that why it doesnt work for me. If you have dry skin, it will be ok if u are looking for something light. Does not clog pores. Most probably I wont repurchase and this bottle is gonna last me for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by LondonBarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour-Nc37

OMG the best foundation I've ever used!
    I have dry but fairy clear skin, unless I've been bad to myself and it gets a bit blocthy. I always look a bt pale/run down though :( so my foundation is crucial.

This foundation was recommended to me at The London store for my exact face.

It's light-lighter than I would ever use; I tend to like to be 'covered' but I took their advice and to be fair, I've never received as many compliments on my skin as when I wear this.

I look dewy and clear-skinned. I personally like the slightly wet-look, I think it makes us look younger and more natural (even though we're covered in foundation lol)

I can not wear this for photoshoots as the strong lights swallow it up. I also have to cover it in Macstudio fix powder (applied with a brush NOT the puff as I end like looking too caked) if I'm going clubbing.

But for a date, school, general nights and days-especially days, this is my beloved, favourite foundation.

In a nutshell:

I look younger
    More fresh-faced
    Dewy
    Brighter
    and clearer
    with this foundation.

NC37 is perfect for a lighter olive complexion and those of us with dry skin. Worth every penny x

PS I use it frequently and its lasted me a year- can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MAHALOGAL's review of this product, I was sold enough to buy it from Amazon - since I went to 3 different MAC counters and they didn't have NW43, which is my perfect shade. I gave it a test drive outdoors today and I LOVE it! It feels like NOTHING on my skin but it DOES need the help of a loose powder. The one I use (which has since been long discontinued) is Avon's Personal Match Loose Powder in "Tan". It's finishing very soon and I'll need to get a replacement loose powder of the same shade. The Select Loose Powders from MAC don't seem to have NW43 for some reason - that must be a rather difficult shade to match. But either way, I love the Satinfinish Foundation and the way it gives me a flawless glow, even though it's a medium to light coverage and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Tours

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

in first 3 months it was great foundation for me but after...smth happened with structure and right now it doesn't looks nice. clogs pores and dries skin also if i use this foundation every day. very pity :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

i think this foundation is a very natural looking foundation . the coverage is light so it should be paired with a heavy duty concealer like the mac studio finish concealer . the packaging is nice in my opinion cause it has an awesome pump which is always a plus (:

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this!! It has a nice sheer shiny finish that i can build on gently to cover problem spots. Will buy again !!

Edit-- I can never color match this to my skintone. way to pricey

2nd Edit now that I've got some sun on my face the NW20 works great. Still loveing it

going to buy another bottle this summer