August 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Posietint

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SwimmingBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not like weird things. Seriously, a blush/lipstick in a nail polish bottle? Give me my MAC Well-Dressed and a blush brush and I am a simple and happy girl. But I had heard good things and I otherwise like Benefit, so after watching Benefit's adorable commercial for Posietint, I was inspired and ran to Macy's to get myself a bottle. This makes my fair/tan skin "come alive." The bubblegum pink doesn't look immature and garrish on my peachy pink complexion, but adds a nice, playful, natural pop of pink that has yet to be matched by any other product. To apply, I apply small dots of the product onto the apples of my cheeks in about a one and a half in diameter, and then quickly blend out. I find I really have to jam on the blending, or it will dry unevenly. I dot three dots on my upper and lower lips, press them together, and then blend with my ring finger. Color on both cheeks lasts all day on my normal skin, and lips will last about three hours.

I see the one-lippie review down below, and I agree - this probably won't work for olive skin tones (try Cha-Cha tint!). But while Benetin makes me look like I've been slapped, and Cha-Cha tint is too oranges, Posietint is just right for me.

I find myself peering into the tiny hole of the bottle to see how much product is left, which makes me wish the bottle was transluscent. Also, for my budget, this is wildly expensive, but you get what you pay for. A unique, flattering, and quality product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by heavyboots

I use this very often, whenever I do not feel like wearing lipstick, but still want to look polished. I just swipe some chapstick underneath, and a small layer of posietint over. It lasts about 2-3 hours that way. It works really well as a cheek stain in the spring and summer, but I do not usually use it for that purpose. If you are unsure about shelling out the money for this, I would recommend trying the feelin' cheeky minis in Sephora - they last a very long time. I really like the shiny packaging, but I wish you could see how much product you have left, as in the case of benetint.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely adore this. Slightly a more artificial colour, but a perfect doll cheek look. I find when I apply this, even with my fingers if i'm in a hurry, it always looks perfect. It imitates my natural 'flushed' colour and i like to put it higher on the apples of my cheeks and lips, paired with satin foundation and nice, long eyelashes.
For anyone with a darker skin tone, I would definitely recommend the benetint, as the posietint would be for lighter skintones, being a lighter and brighter pink. Then again, if you are looking for that barbie look, this is for you!
Good staying power, looks natural on lighter skintones. In love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by natucha21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

whether you like this product or not is going to be based on how you apply it.The container looks like it could be a nail polish with little brush and all.I have fair skin and this looks natural on me.like i have been running.But i have also had times when it looked way to pink but it was because of how i applied it.what i do now is dab a blush brush onto the nail polish looking brush and gently dab it into my skin.It lasts the entire day until i remove it.And i have used it as eyeshadow and on my lips with the same lovely effect.And if you have dry skin this is better than using powder as it wont emphasize dry patches.the liquid dries and sets and you have yourself nice doll looking cheeks!! OH and this thing will last you for ages! which compensates for the price as a little goes a long way

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by SparkleNFade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

General Take: I know, I know, you're thinking "Only 1 lipstick star? Really?!" It looks like I'm in the minority, but I think this is one of the worst stain colours of all time! No offense to crazy people (they often actually have an amazing unique and fearless style), but this product makes me look like the crazy old lady who I see on my way to work who pairs her lipstick-covered toothy smile with almost Kabuki-hued white face powder and shocking pink blush. Love many BeneFit products (not a BeneFit hater, appreciate their "universal" approach to makeup), but Posietint looks ridiculous on my olive skin: less natural flush & glow, more artificial and contrived*, think Dee Snider. Also disappointed by the cheap, budget nail polish-type packaging. I wanted so badly to like it, guys...

*cool for stage but not for coffee dates!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I think I am part of the majority who find Posietint a bit better than Benetint. Don't get me wrong, I love the two, (I even bought the Benetint, High Beam, Posietint holy trinity) but I just find that this one definitely works wonders on my cheeks. For reference, I am currently an NC 30 but during the summer, I'm NC35, and I find that this baby just gives me the perfect poppy pink look, the perfect poppy pink looks, may I add, that doesn't look too shocking pink, or too fake. For me, this is what pink flushed cheeks should definitely look like, and I have been wearing this nonstop for the past two or three weeks now and I am definitely loving it! I think the lip and cheek stains are one of the few items in Benefit that are really well worth your money. They come in a huge bottle and a little goes a long, long way! Definitely repurchasing this one! Go and get yourself one too! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

Better than benetint as the consistency is easier to work with, but it is still hard to blend without it going blotchy. Nice on the lips as well but doesn't last. A much more every day colour. I wouldn't recommend to people with dry patches as it tends to stick to them. It was nice to try and I'll use up the mini but I think I'll just go for a pink MAC blush next time as it's really not worth it. Definitely still searching for a good lip and cheek tint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

Oh my gosh I love this! I had purchased benetint a while ago, and decided to try other stains from Benefit. I love this WAY more than the first!

I was first a bit shocked by the consistency. Benetint is liquidy, but this is kind of...creamy I guess. I've gotten used to it now, and I actually prefer this texture :)

I also feel like it lasts much longer! It's perfect for my "no I'm not wearing makeup" daily look for school ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by TeaandTea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I adore this product! It looks WONDERFUL on my cheeks and lips and lasts forever. I will buy it again, again, again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by leilanader

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the idea of stains because they look more natural than lipstick and are longer lasting, I hate re-applying anything. I was lusting over the Benitint from Benefit but it was too expensive. I bought the Body Shop version instead and fell in love. This gave me the incentive to buy the Benefit one, but I went for PosieTint in order to try a different color. Well...I like the Body Shop one much better. PosieTint has a nice color but it is not versatile and natural. I never reach for the PosieTint which is really too bad because I paid 40$. it just sits in my drawer since I bought it 2 years ago.