August 22, 2014 | 1602 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kpage16

Ohhhhh man I love this stuff! I have the HD foundation (also a HG for me) but this really helps it stick all day long. I took other reviewers' advice and apply a little bit before my foundation, then set it again. I work long days, and this keeps my makeup in place for 14 hours! I have a really shiny forehead (especially at the end of a long day) and this also keeps that in check so I'm just a bit glowy, but nothing outrageous. It IS quite pricey, but you also use so little that I think its fine. My HD foundation, for instance, is pricey too but I buy it once every 8 months, so not a big issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read mixed review on this so I wanted to try it for myself. I applied it to set my BB Cream and well I'm in the love it catalogue. My skin has not gotten oily yet as I'm writing this after i had dinner and was sweating like crazy and now my makeup still looks fresh. It's so nice still i don't want to wash my face yet.lol I will though but honestly this powder is lovely. It gives me a smooth finish,controls oil, and I don't look ghostly at all but I'm a NW-15 so I'm pretty light.
My skin is soft and I'm very happy with this powder. It's something I can really see myself using this Winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

hate it, i got this as a gift and ended up giving it away. it deceased my concealer coverage, it is too white on foundation, it DOES NOT blend, it shows on the skin like mad. i dont understand y so many love this product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this powder, i really did. Its so silky feeling it seems like it should be as magical as it feels. But I am over the hype of silky feeling products because i now know that silicone based products may feel silky but it doesn't mean they work for your makeup needs. truthfully this product intimidates me because I never know what its going to do to different foundations. as a professional makeup artist i have several different foundations i use on different people on any given day and i avoid this powder like the plague because sometimes its beautiful with a foundation and sometimes it totally ruins it. silicone is not compatible with all products, its just not. they play nice with some and look beautiful, and with others its like mixing oil and water. just make sure you test it at the counter with whatever you are using first. its not full proof for sure. I bought a jar of this powder 3 years ago and i cant' bring myself to toss it because it was so expensive i'm waiting to find the perfectly compatible foundation to use it with. i know its out there! (oh who am i kidding. i should just toss it and quit tripping over it in the makeup trailer!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by alicia182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I have really oily skin and use this to set my makeup and retouch during the day. It doesn't change the color of my makeup or look dry and cakey like many powders do. Bit expensive but it lasts a while and IMO is worth it. I wish the powder sifter was one of those ones that could be shut when it is closed so if I am travelling with it, it doesn't make a big mess when I open the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by noelrayortegaxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is great! I use it as a primer for bareminerals and dust a little on as a setting powder. It absorbs oil pretty well and doesn't change te color or foundation or skin color. It feels so luxurious, which is maybe why it cost so much. However, it will last you a looooong time. Doesn't clog pores or irritate my skin. I am generally very sensitive and acne prone.

Don't let the price keep you from trying this powder out, it really is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. I stopped buying $40 foundation because this stuff makes drugstore foundation look pretty much the same. On a good day, it can make my skin look airbrushed, on a regular day it makes everything much more even then just my old standby - liquid foundation + bareminerals.

The only con that I have found with this is that it can make your face look ghostly in pictures if it is applied heavily or if pictures are taken immediately after applying...I have never noticed it in real life though.

I will use this stuff forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let's face it- this stuff is so freakin' awesome. It keeps my face matte all day, minimizes pores and holds my foundation on. Love it! You only need a small amount so the container will last quite a while.It blends easily into the skin. I did not want to spend the money on this so was using Maybelline's Mineral Power Finishing veil which is nice, but not nearly as finely milled as MUFE powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't use powder over my whole face, but I do need to set my concealer under my eyes and this is the best stuff I've ever tried for that purpose. It's translucent, doesn't cake, and just seems to anchor what can otherwise disappear in hours, as I tend to get oily in this area throughout the day. I've had one container for a couple of years and I'll have it for a few more yet. I only need the tiniest amount to do the job. I've tried similar HD/silica/micro powders, and this is still my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product got so many low ratings i really love it. I use it with my MUFHD foundation and it really works well. It dosent give me a ghostly glow in flash photography. Actually i did test that theory out before i bought it and i didn't see any kind of white cast, Overall i think its a really great product!