October 25, 2014 | 1443 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by JillyJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan, too much money for what it does and is way too light even on my fair MAC N4 skin. Forget taking a picture with this on as you'll literally look like a white sheet and it is very drying on the skin, showing up any flake. My cheap palladio rice powder works 10x better than this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by DollyBoots

HATE THIS! I hate it sooo bad! I got a big sample sized jar in a purchase n I started using it and I absolutly hate it! It makes me soo oily I hate the consistency, its absolute GARBAGE. I DO NOT recommend):

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by xmegannn

This gives me cystic acne! I have oily, acne prone skin and I've just started wearing foundation. I use the Hourglass mineral veil primer and Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. These products do make me break out over a period of time but not like this powder! It does set my foundation and makes it last longer. But after a couple of hours, I find that I get more oily when wearing this. I stopped using this but used it once the other day and it gave me this painful pimple. I knew it was this because it was the only thing I changed.

It may work for some but it breaks me out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bite the bullet and finally bought this. Iíve recent switch from powder foundation (BeneFit Hello Flawless) to BB cream recently (Missha), and needed a powder to set it. Iíve tried E.L.F. which claims to be a dup of this, well...E.L.F powder isnít as finely milled, and I didnít like the feeling on my face when wearing it.

So, I went to Sephora and asked for a sample of MUFE HD Powder. It took me over a week to figure out how to wear it without having a ghostly cast on my NW25 skintone. Now I got it down pad. I only really need very little powder for the whole face. I pour little powder on my back of my hand, blend it with my index finger until the powder nearly disappears, then use a fluffy power blush to pick it up, fluff onto my face. Donít worry, although you canít see the powder, it is there on the blush.
This method sets my BB cream beautifully without being too matte and it lasts all day without a single touch up (Iím not into a completely matte face, and I have dry skin).

I will re-purchase it when I run out, but at this rate Iím not sure when I will need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by shaycolenelson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just a great product! I use Estťe Lauder Double Wear foundation and this powder sets it and I can go all day without needing to reapply.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I saved up my pennies to buy this because it's really hyped up. It blends my makeup LIKE A DREAM, but I don't see a difference in the staying power of my makeup unfortunately :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

yuck. a sales person from sephora suggested I get this so my skin would look matte in my wedding photos, and I fell for the hype that only expensive high end brands will photograph well. I bought this in white (translucent) and I absolutely hate it.

1. it helps make my skin a little matte, but not totally. my forehead and nose are still a little shiny after application, no matter what I do.

2. if you have even the slightest bit of dry or peeling skin, this will highlight it and make it show up like a beacon.

3. the texture was awful. I couldn't stand to touch my face after I put this on. it feels like cornstarch.

I have been using a loose powder by an inexpensive drugstore brand since the 90's. that stuff does everything I want it to do, plus provides a sheer bit of coverage. I will never stray from that brand again.

I know a 1-star review is a bit harsh, but considering how expensive this was, it should be a whole lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kpage16

Ohhhhh man I love this stuff! I have the HD foundation (also a HG for me) but this really helps it stick all day long. I took other reviewers' advice and apply a little bit before my foundation, then set it again. I work long days, and this keeps my makeup in place for 14 hours! I have a really shiny forehead (especially at the end of a long day) and this also keeps that in check so I'm just a bit glowy, but nothing outrageous. It IS quite pricey, but you also use so little that I think its fine. My HD foundation, for instance, is pricey too but I buy it once every 8 months, so not a big issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read mixed review on this so I wanted to try it for myself. I applied it to set my BB Cream and well I'm in the love it catalogue. My skin has not gotten oily yet as I'm writing this after i had dinner and was sweating like crazy and now my makeup still looks fresh. It's so nice still i don't want to wash my face yet.lol I will though but honestly this powder is lovely. It gives me a smooth finish,controls oil, and I don't look ghostly at all but I'm a NW-15 so I'm pretty light.
My skin is soft and I'm very happy with this powder. It's something I can really see myself using this Winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

hate it, i got this as a gift and ended up giving it away. it deceased my concealer coverage, it is too white on foundation, it DOES NOT blend, it shows on the skin like mad. i dont understand y so many love this product