Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.7

100% silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was just a total waste of money. It does. Nothinggggggg for my skin. It doesnt make my makeup last any longer, it doesnt make my pores look smaller, and it doesnt control my oil.
I expected a lot more out of thks product considering the price of it.
But then since I have it and I dont want to throw it away and it doesnt make things worse, I still use it occasionally when I feel all fancy and just wanna play around with makeup lol

Would not repurchase this, ever.

on 2/17/2013 7:41:00 PM

If you want to scrupulously emphasize every flakey area of your skin and point a ghostly-caste finger at each and every pore in the most expensive way possible, have we got a product for you! I bought this because I love the HD foundation, but it really isn't worth it. My face would look finished for a few minutes, just long enough to trick myself into thinking it looked good, but then it settles and points to every imperfection you were hoping to "blur." MUFE has two other powders of comparable price that are MUCH better performers than this is (heck, throwing flour on your face probably makes a more realistic finish than this). I've tried applying it many different ways with many different brushes every day for about a year (so I've tried it in all seasons), just a disappointment. If you don't have any skin issues to begin with and want to spend too much money, this might be the way to go. For me, I'm glad I got the small container.

PROS:
erm... momentarily looks like your foundation is set and momentarily looks blended.
Little goes a long way

CONS:
expensive
leaves a white cast on even my pale irish skin
emphasizes flakes and pores
causes patchiness in your foundation

on 2/15/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought mine in 17oz and it fits perfectly inside my makeup kit. The packaging is sturdy and does not have any fancy design. I have combination to oily type skin and I found this very long lasting as it helps my makeup stay longer and my face matte for at least 6-8 hours depending on the weather. I would definitely advice this to people with combination to oily skin because it is incredible, however it is not advisable for people who have big pores as it tends to settle down and makes pores visibly bigger.

I hope this helps!
(P.S. It doesn't have SPF protection.)

on 2/5/2013 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well I really like this... it gives my face a softer finish when I use it over my matte foundation and it sets my makeup great, it doesn't budge. I live in Florida so its amazing during the summer to keep my face from melting off. Its kind of expensive at $30 but it does last a very long time. Not sure if I'll repurchase because I'd like to find something cheaper, but if I can't find something just as good I probably will.

on 2/1/2013 7:46:00 PM

This is overpriced & definitely not user friendly. I couldn't this to apply without it taking off my makeup. Glad I didn't invest in a full sized jar.

on 2/1/2013 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I hated it. I really wanted to like it, and I tried it countless time, during 3 different seasons (summer, autumn, and winter). I also tried applying various amounts and with different face brushes too, but it still didn't work for me. The product made me look ghostly and awful in pictures. It also was a little drying. I like the texture and how smooth it goes on, but it just doesn't work on my skin tone.

on 1/29/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I don't know what I was thinking buying this product. I pruchased it because I have oily skin and I was hoping that this product would give me a matte, natural finish without looking cakey. Unfortunately it makes my face look too matte (almost dry) and accentuates the tiniest wrinkle. On top of that my face looks oily again after an hour or so.

Also I absolutely hate the packaging. It's loose powder and if you're not careful it goes everywhere.

It's definitely not worth the money.

on 1/16/2013 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wouldn't recommend this product. I like the way it makes your face look in person it does give it a nice smooth finished look, but in pictures it looks like your wearing a white mask. I also have dry skin so it made my skin and it did not dry it out. The packaging also isn't to good, unless you keep the little tab over it because if not it spills everywhere. Even with the tab a powder of white dust always flies off. Im glad I purchased the smaller size and would not get it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I give this powder props for being a good translucent loose powder (hence the solid 3 rating), as it does the job, but I don't particularly find it amazing.
I applied it with my MAC 150 brush, which is a large fluffy powder brush. I poured a little bit into the cap, swirled the brush into it, tap tap tapped off the excess, and applied it in a circular motion, the way I apply all powders.
It didn't blur imperfections, it didn't make me glow, and it didn't give me any special finish. It did mattify just the slightest bit, but then the initial shine of my foundation came back 20 seconds later. Later on in the day (I'm talking 4 hours into wear--in cold weather), my face got oily. Gross. I don't even have oily skin! I blame the oiliness on the face makeup, though, not this powder. Of course, MUFE doesn't market this powder to be mattifying. For that reason, I don't recommend this powder for those with oily skin. I don't understand how others here are saying that it controls oil!
It does make my face makeup last all day long (minus the oiliness), however, but honestly, any powder can do that!
The only thing that would make this powder worth purchasing, in my opinion, would be the fact that it photographs wonderfully. My pores aren't emphasized! Hence, the only time I wear this powder is for special occasions, when I use this on top of my MAC MSFN on top of my MUFE HD Foundation on top of my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (my go-to face routine for special occasions/photos). I would omit the MSFN if it weren't for the fact that this powder doesn't control oil.
Some people have mentioned this looking white on their face, but that's only because they applied too much. As with all translucent powders, only the tiniest amount of powder is necessary. Resist the urge to use more, as it's for sure going to leave a white cast--in person AND on camera!
It retails for $32 for a 0.35 oz. jar. Sephora also sells a mini $16 version of this for 0.17 oz. amount of product.
Would I repurchase? No.

on 1/15/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this, and while I do like it I can't fairly say that it deserves all the hype. It's a very soft and smooth powder with a very silky finish. I have dry skin and if you use small amounts it really shouldn't dry you out. The only problem I have with this is that I have a tan/olive complexion and I've noticed that it gives my face a white halo making my face look slightly lighter than the rest of my body. If you have lighter skin I suggest this, if not then maybe not. It is pricey but a little goes a long way, I bought the big one and I have so much I don't even know what to do with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials