December 22, 2014 | 1855 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by jshuipetitefille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What can I say? The moment the SA at Sephora swatches this on my skin, I instantly fell in love. It was really love at first sight. First of all, I saw absolutely flawless coverage and 100% matched skin color. Second, it feels barely there on your skin. This is a very expensive product but when I saw what it could do to my face, I didn't hesitate for 1 second! I have been using this for quite some time now, and I think it's safe to say that I have found my HG foundation. It stays put all day - without primer or even without powder on top. And I live in very hot country where I have to be under the sun most days. It has definitely impressed me and I will repurchase once I use it up. I am even thinking of buying the HD primers.
Tip to women with dry skin: Make sure you really moisturise your skin before putting this on!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ssiobhann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great matte finish, pretty natural looking but if your skin is dry like mine, it can look quite flaky unless you have seriously moisturized. Another downfall is the tones - it's either yellowy or pink, so on me I was told to buy 2 and combine them so the tones neutralize...no thanks I don't wanna spend 120 bucks on foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My daily foundation. Great for medium coverage, looks amazing in pictures and the color matches my skin tone pretty well. Im on my 4th bottle and will continue to keep using, I'm shade n128.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by IronMaiven

I love the way this foundation makes my skin look. I have normal to dry skin and it makes me look glowing and amazing.

Unfortunately it makes me break out. Even with cystic acne.

Having normal/dry skin i rarely if ever break out even when i was a teenager.

I also find it slides around a bit and doesnt stay on all day.
Much prefer face atelier. Will keep looking for a new HG foundation

Very dissapointing for the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had products with cameras flashes, that is why I decided to try this product.
In general, it's decent. It looks natural (not heavy) and it holds my oily skin in the summer. I don't have any ultimate complain about it, perhaps just a bit more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ladybirdfromearth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Αγαπώ αυτο το foundation.Γίνεται "ένα" με την επιδερμίδα μου τόσο,που δεν φαίνεται ότι φοράω.Με την διάρκειά του είμαι αρκετά ευχαριστημένη.Η τιμή του είναι αρκετά υψηλή,και θα το σκεφτόμουν να το ξαναπάρω.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by makeupbyvidaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation for normal skin type. I have #115(pink),117(yelow), 120(y), 125(y), 128(olive), 150(pink), 155(slightly orange).
Searching for somthing darker similar #128.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by samanthasundloff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews! I love this foundation! I use the shade 115. I have found that after using tons of other foundations, I always seem to come back to this one. I love it for pictures since there's no SPF you don't get any flashback. It's light weight but beautiful coverage. I have found that it works best with my beauty blender. Every time I use this foundation I get compliments on my skin, not on my makeup, but on how beautiful my skin looks!
Also, the shade range is fantastic. I have a really hard time finding something with enough pink undertones without making me look like I have a face of calamine lotion. Shade 115 is perfect for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by jmac1107

I have tried this foundation in both summer and winter and it just doesnt work for me.
During the winter when my skin is dry (a little drier than average) it clings to my dry patches and looks really patchy. During the summer when my skin becomes a bit more oily it slides off my face after a few hours. I would say this is a low-med coverage foundation.
Pros: really wide range of colours
Good consistency
Doesn't oxidize (on my skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by aimeexo

This was the first high end foundation I ever tried so naturally I thought it was the most amazing foundation on planet earth (until I broadened my horizons and tried others). I feel like if I didn't have very oily skin with dry patches this would be an amazing foundation.

Don't throw out the bottle when the foundation doesn't pump out anymore!!! Unscrew the top and you'll get an extra weeks worth of foundation.

PROS:
- AMAZING color selection. This foundation seriously matches my skin exactly which has never happened with any other
- nice consistency: thin, but buildable with medium coverage
- does not dry quickly as other foundations do, which allows me to dot it all over my face and take my time blending it
- looks EXTREMELY natural while covering imperfections
- packaging: love pump foundations. Very sanitary.

CONS:
- staying power: slides off my skin in a matter of only a couple hours. I have extremely (need to blot within 10 mins of applying makeup) oily skin, and even after setting with mattifying powder and UD setting spray, it begins to slide around my T-zone and stick to dry patches
- definitely not full coverage as it's advertised
- price is pretty steep for a foundation that doesn't last long
- makes mores seem more visible

Overall, I will not repurchase simply because I have found better foundations for the same price. I assume people with normal skin have better luck with this product.