Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Looks great in pictures.... Not so great in person. Didn't provide the coverage & long lasting wear that I needed.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

If you need an everyday foundation I don't think this is the foundation for you (unless your everyday work consists in taking pictures of yourself). When I bought this at Sephora I was looking for a high quality foundation and the girl at sephora recommended this one. What she forgot to tell me was that this foundation is great "for pictures" not for every day use. Don't get me wrong you can still use it everyday if you want to, but keep in mind that if what you are looking for is an every-day foundation that gives you great coverage you should keep looking.

I was going to return this the next day but decided to keep it since I took a couple of pictures to test it out and it sure makes your skin looks flawless. Definitely will be using this for special occasions were I know I'll have pictures taken.

on 1/3/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great packaging but sadly I've found better foundations I like it but don't love it. Good skin variety options and didn't break me out! It's around $42 without tax.

on 1/2/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This product gives me an amazing, radiant look. It is full coverage, easy to use, not drying... I REALLY want to love this liquid foundation.

But this breaks me out, for sure! Every time my acne starts clearing, I use this product because I like the way it makes my skin look, and then the next day, I have a full face of painful cysts and pimples. I've done this to my face about 4 times now and had this foundation for 2 months. Of course, every one's face is different, so maybe try a sample first to see how your face reacts.

on 1/2/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, combination, sometimes acne-prone skin, and am always looking for products that don't trigger reactions. I purchased this product after getting my Color IQ done at Sephora (3Y05), and 120 Soft Sand is my perfect match. This foundation is fragrance-free, and is a relatively thin liquid, but gives pretty pigmented coverage. I use the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush to apply this in a circular motion, and the finish is smooth and natural. It evens out my skin tone without looking like cakey makeup. If you get the right colour, you can easily apply to uneven spots only without a noticeable difference between the covered parts and bare skin. Some foundations change colour on my face throughout the day, especially on oily parts, but this one never has.

The pump bottle keeps everything hygienic and easy to dispense the right amount, even if it's just a little bit for blemishes. This brand comes with a lot of shades, so I highly recommend the Color IQ, then getting the SA to help you with test patches in store, one shade lighter and darker, just to make sure.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful lightweight foundation.
I got this recently because I wanted a summer colour makeup to replace my NARS sheer glow in Fiji. It's super thin, but gives a nice coverage, wears well, doesn't seem to get shiny and looks good in pics.......but... I'd still go back to NARS in preference. The NARS has a beautiful way of reflecting the light which I find more flattering on me, I'd also use by terry densiliss for preference for better coverage. It's a beautiful makeup, I think I just like something more ' makeuppy' for me. It would suit girls who like Mac face and body or possibly the Armani luminous silk girls. My take? Great makeup, would definitely recommend it to someone who wants an ultra natural look. Makeup junkies- not so much.

on 12/31/2014 1:28:00 PM

I have medium skin with a mixture of yellow and pink undertones and surprsingly it's never been very easy to find a foundation that really matched without drowning out half of my color: but this foundatoin hits the mark and I have been hooked enough to purchase it several times. As a liquid it provides medium coverage and looks dewy and flawless in photo's (especially when applying a primer beforehand). It stays on all day and while it might feel a little heavy upon first applicatoin, it starts to feel lighter as the day progresses (and for me it does stay all day).

It is however a little on the expensive side, but so far I have yet to find a liquid foundation that matches what this one provides for me.

I would recommend to this to women who fall within the medium skintone spectrum.

on 12/31/2014 11:13:00 AM

I have had this for less than a week and plan on returning. It made my face so greasy after just a few hours. It does look okay in a picture but in real life it looks pretty crappy and it did not cover my red marks from acne very well. I will be going back to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.

on 12/30/2014 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin with normal to oily t-zone.

Pros:
-Looks amazing in photos!!!
-Medium to full coverage
-Hydrating for dry skin
-Does not accentuate dry skin at all
-Satin Matte finish
-Shade 118 matches me well

Cons:
-Feels heavy
-Looks amazing in photo but not as great in real life
-You'd still need a concealer for blemishes

This is an okay product, definitely a great product for photos/video (makes your skin looks flawless in photos/videos) - You can definitely find a better product for daily wear. I'd only use this if you plan on taking photos/videos.

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE F&B 32/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

on 12/28/2014 2:54:00 PM

I have tried many foundations in my time and have been a MAC convert for years until I tried this product. This foundation is absolutely amazing and the colour match/texture and finished look is the best I have ever achieved. I use shade N117 in Marble which is similar to my MAC NC20-25. The finish with this product is amazing and I shall definitely continue to but this in the future. AMAZING.

Video Reviews & Tutorials