October 22, 2014 | 2121 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

At first I really liked this foundation because it looked so natural but after a few months of use, I feel it is too drying. It makes my skin flake more and feels dry after wearing all day. I prefer the cream formula it also has more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by krishteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation if you are in the market for a sheer, lightweight foundation that looks very natural. The coverage of the foundation is light, buildable to medium and the finish can be described as more satiny as opposed to matte. It's definitely not a dewy finish, but the look is very my skin but better.

I've owned this bottle of foundation in the shade 764 (I'm mac nc20) for a while now, and while I've strayed and purchased other highend foundations and even tried mineral makeup, I always find myself coming back to this one. It is low fuss, low maintenance, and never lets me down. The wear time is pretty decent if it is set with a powder, and application is a breeze. The texture is creamy and blends effortlessly.

Shu has a great color range too, especially for Asian girls who tend to be more yellow. The only thing this foundation lacks is an SPF, but on the positive side, it does photograph nicely.

Definitely check out this foundation if you like a natural finish with light coverage, I don't think you would be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by moonlightx

I have to say, I have first used this product 5 years ago when I was still in high school and in fact, still love it. Now... because there are only 2 drawbacks about this product I figured I might let you know about them first.

***CON'S

- this foundation is NOT long lasting.
    I have oily/combination skin and I apply it for work at 7:30am and by the time it is around 11am a bit has already melted around the nose and my T-zone.

- Yes ladies and gentlemen, it is costly!! It's not the type of foundation where alittle goes a long way.

So now that all of you know the 2 negative sides of this product, I'd like to list what I love about it and what keeps me buying it bottle after bottle.

***PRO'S

- It is watery smooth. I've applied it with my fingers/ with a brush/ with the Shu Uemura sponge and with a cheap sponge. No matter how you apply it, this foundation is beautifully smooth and non-cakey/greasy.

- It is sheer, but extremely buildable. My cheeks tend to be red as I have mild rosacea and this product gives my skin a lovely coverage without looking too made up.

- I've broken out pretty much with every foundation but my skin hasn't broken out from this. No itchy feeling after application either.

- It covers pores perfectly. It sinks into the skin, and i must say this product is one of those you'd call 'SECOND SKIN' It's simply like having perfect skin! My skin (with no make up) is red in the cheeks, oily T-zone, I do get bumps here and there and yes I have those damn blackheads/whiteheads. UGH. So I'd like to say that after using this foundation it makes me look like I'm one of those lucky girls who do have perfect skin...just that it only lasts for a couple of hours till it melts :S

TIP:

DEFINTELY need to use the primer which is called Shu Uemura UV BASE mousse in beige if you have slight redness, or if you are abit pastey and want more colour, then the pink Shu Uemura UV base Mousse. There IS a dramatic difference, as the mousse is light and it prepares your skin and makes your pores more unnoticeable!!

So if you have normal/dry skin.. BUY THIS.
    If you have oily/acne/combination skin give this a try as it will not make you break out! But .. don't buy this if you are living in a country that's humid. This foundation isn't recommended.

Sorry my review is super long. Hope this helps!
    *Oh and do put on powder to set it if you want it to last longer, but it WILL take away the healthy glow and end up looking more matte. (obviously)

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I really liked this foundation. It covers all imperfections and gives such a great finish without looking thick. And of course, being Asian, it was nice to finally find a foundation that matched my skintone perfectly. Unfortunately, I think this broke me out in little zits and gave me milia too after a couple weeks of use. Very few people seem to have my problem since both my sisters use it without any issues with clogged pores. I guess I'm just unlucky. I was very sad, but thank goodness I was able to return it since it's a pricey foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer the Shu Uemura NOBORA cream which works better for photography and special occasions/events.

IT is moisturizing and great for the winter when your skin is super dry. I use this for the winter along with my sephora matted powder foundation on top for more coverage and to stop shine. I dont like using this in the summer because my face gets really oily.

Overall, its a good foundation but probably wont be buying this again because i like to try new products all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by tavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this without any expectation, just on sale and I want to give it a try. However it suit my skin tone perfectly !! (I'm a fair Asian with yellow undertone) nice light creamy texture but not greasy. it stay on me at least 5 hrs and it makes my skin looks glow and healthy when i'm sweating!! The coverage is light to medium and it's about the right coverage for me (apply more if you want full coverage) I use this with Benefit get even press powder which I applied with brush, they both work great together,my face look so flawless!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ryan8029

I've only tried a few foundations, but of those Shu's is by far the best. It really does live up to its name and make my skin look smoother, with no primer underneath. The color match (I'm a 784. For those of you confused about Shu's color system: the first number is how yellow or pink it is, 1 is pink, 10 is yellow, five is neutral. The second number is how light or dark the color is. 10 is white, 1 is black. I'm not sure what the last number is, but I don't think it matters, as most of the shades end in a four) is perfect for my fair, warm undertoned skin. It gives nice even coverage with out making my face feel like it's suffocating. I can adequately cover my whole face with just one pump, so I'm sure the bottle will last quite a while. The only real flaw I can find in it is that before I wear it, I have to make sure my skin is very well moisturized. If not it can really emphasize the drier patches in my skin, but I haven't found a foundation that doesn't do that. Curse my dry cheeks. Overall this is pretty much my favorite foundation. Too bad it'll only be available online in just a short amount of time. Stock up before it's too late.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really have to agree with all those who complained that this product clumps and gets patchy. i too had trouble getting this to go on smoothly and i don't have this problem with most of the foundations i use. i've read that someone experimented using this with and without moisturises and primers and i have to come to the same conclusion. i also have trouble mixing this with moisturiser to make it more sheer.

overall it looked too dry on my face and i have combination skin. i do believe yes, it photographs well, has great staying power but its just too difficult to work with for me to get a truly flawless finish. its not a bad foundation, but for the cost i'd like it to be easier to use. i love liquid foundations and many other formulas i've tried just glide on seeminglessly and then set. believe this sets way too fast to blend in nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love shu uemura, I am so sad it will no longer be sold stateside. This was my go to foundation, liquid but creamy and when finished with powder makes you look flawless. It stays and lasts all day if needed even in humid weather. Is really good for my skin-tone, most stuff is too pink or brown for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by ilovechocochipcookies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent foundation. The coverage is good, not too heavy. When I put it on and set it with powder, it stays on all day and doesn't melt away (I live in the tropics where its extremely hot and humid all year long). And, what I like about it best is the oil control (I have oily skin, and this keeps it from becoming an oil slick in a few hours). I love this foundation - I think I might've finally found my HG foundation!