September 1, 2014 | 2109 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Highlighting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kisstina07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great brush for pigmented blush! That's the main use I have for it since I do not wear liquid foundation. I have not tried the MAC 187 but I don't feel the need to buy it since I love this brush to death. It's perfect at what I use it for! Also, I don't have problems with it shedding.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LilSphinx

Last month I bought the dual-fibre/skunk brush for $12.99 at Target. I'd been wanting to try out the MAC #187 duo fibre brush, but wasn't willing to pay the high price for it. I was thrilled when I saw this at Target for less than half the price of the MAC brush.

I use my brush for both my liquid CoverGirl foundation and a pressed powder foundation. I'm honestly not sure that I see a huge difference between using this brush vs. applying with my hands or even a paddle/foundation brush once the make-up is on, but this does seem faster and I feel like I'm even using less product than otherwise. It's a pain trying to get into smaller grooves like those around my nostrils, but that's not a huge issue.

I start out brushing my liquid foundation across my face and then I go back and stipple, but I don't notice a terribly big difference, again.

It's very easy to use and quite soft against my skin.

I took one lippy off 'cause I keep having issues with the black fibres shedding onto my face while I'm applying my liquid foundation. I don't wash my brush too terribly often, but when I do I use a home-made brush cleanser and I'm gentle about cleaning it.

I would buy this again as I'm hoping that the shedding is just an issue with my particular brush and hopefully it'll stop soon.

I found a dupe of this by Target's 'StudioTools' brand for about $6.00 that works just as well, it's just a smidge smaller.

I recommend grabbing one of these rather than MAC's more expensive brush.

Update 02/17/2010:
-I've found that it doesn't shed as much if I wash it every two to three days. Still annoying though.:/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

shedded 3 hairs first time I used it, after that NONE

verryyy soft, picks up my mineralized blushes(MAC) easily. Soo glad I found this little gem, I almost shelled out 40$ for the MAC skunk brush!

this brush is so gentle!! i can rub really hard on my cheeks without irritating them. (They are VERY sensitive from acne gel, and puff up at the lightest things) in fact, when the MUA at MAC used the skunk brush by mac on me, my cheek swelled a little at the abrasiveness. the Sonia Kashuk one? no puffing or swelling.

LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I went to Target the other day, though I didn't plan on buying this brush, I bought it nonetheless because I was curious and I could always use more than one skunk brush. I first wash this brush with soap and water before using, you are supposed to because the brushes are spray with some kinds of protector - so you got to wash all your new brushes before using them. I use this brush with my liquid foundation (MUFE face and body), if the brush is dry -- then I spray the bristle with some water or rose water, I then pour the liquid foundation on my hand, using the brush - I dip/stipple onto the foundation until it picks up most of the foundation, then I stipple it all around my face, then I keep on stippling and kind of running it lightly all over my face to blend the foundation, the results is very even/smooth and soft of the liquid application. I also own a Mac 187SE, and I feel that the application of the SK is the same as the Mac 187SE. I have only started to use the SK and Mac recently, so I will updated later after prolong uses to see if the results are consistent and if the quality is lasting. BTW.. I found this brush easily at Target in Carson Ca, I saw a bunch of them, in case you're looking for one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

Very good brush and not expensive at all. Mine has very minimal shedding and it works great when used to apply with liquid foundation. Although i prefer my other sonia kashuk flat top blusher brush to this when used to apply foundation cause the other one has zero to no shedding whatsoever and it doesn't take as much dispensing of foundation and gives a smoother look than this brush but hey everybody's opinion is different. I still recommend this brush tho if you're interested because it is a good quality brush and you should definitely give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush about a year ago and it just sat on my dresser while I tried to figure out what to do with it. One day I picked it up to apply my blush with, and it is perfection! It picks up just enough color to look natural, not garish. I use it every day without fail and it hasn't shed a single hair. Wonderful brush, I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by brittneydaylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own THREE!!! I absolutely LOVE this brush! (I also own the Mac187, and use my SK's way more!) I use one for my SK Tinted Moisturizer, one for blush, and one is a backup. I am very pleased with this brush. It is also great for stippling on liquid foundation, although i prefer to use my ELF studio powder brush for that job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

After reading a lot of good stuff about this brush, I finally decided to pick one up when I saw them in stock....now maybe Im missing a lot of its appeal because I do not wear, and therefore use it for liquid foundation but I do not really see a lot of usefulness in this brush. I've tried it for blush - it certainly doesnt work as well as my sonia kashuk blush brush, it applies my blush very streaky and uneven. For finishing powder - I find that it doesnt pick up enough powder and takes a very long time to apply to my face. Overall, I havent used this brush too much and I dont think that it will ever be necessity in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Only two Sonia k brushes caught my eye this one and the flat top buffer brush (which is amazing)
This is a great brush! I really, really love it. I have the MAC 187 and this and this is just as good as my 187. I use it for my foundation and it does give me a nice airbrush finish. The only cons are: its a tad pokey, it bled just a smidge, i need to get used to the slippery (but beautiful) handle, and it shedded like crazy before I washed it. But those cons would not keep me and should not keep anyone else from loving this brush. I recommend this brush if you do not want to spend money on the 187 . I WILL be going back to target to get another :)
**- 1 Lippie UPDATE** I think this went soft on me!! after using it a couple more times the effect is just not the same as it was when I first used it! With that being said I dont think this brush will last me very long...I think it will be good for some one who is looking for a skunk brush to have in the mean time while they are saving for their MAC 187...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by hpolanek

I have found the unicorn!! Hehe And it is everything i thought it would be..and for 12.99!! I have the MAC 187 that i have been using for about a year and i have to say i like the Sonia brush better!!! I certainly do not think the mac brush is better. Funny i remember the mac brush shedding terribly on me for months after buying it. Honestly this one maybe shed ONE hair!! You will not be dissapointed! No more blowing money
UPDATE10/16/09: For the first time I have used this brush with liquid foundation (usually use a cream) and there was a few hairs on my face. No biggie though still am in love!

TIP: A makeup artist on youtube says that when you buy a new brush wash it with shampoo and conditioner and that will help the brush not shed.