December 21, 2014 | 1798 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Great foundation. My skin tends to be dry, and this does not dry it out.
I was using the Loreal mineral makeup for a while, and while it was a good product, it just tended to get cakey on my skin and felt like it sunk into fine lines.
This foundation just melts into my skin. I can easily apply it with my fingers and/or a sponge. I went with nude beige, and it was a perfect match for my fair, neutral skin. Finish is dewy. I like to set with a touch of loose powder. Half way through the day I use a teensy bit of pressed powder just in the t-zone, but it seems to have a very nice balance of not drying out my skin or leaving it greasy.
Great product!
Just snatched up a spare at CVS, as they were Buy 2 get one free.....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Ulta is no longer selling Sally Hansen cosmetics. They were selling all for 85% off!
I picked up Chestnut and Mahogany because it was hard to see color through the frosted glass bottle. I paid $1.94/bottle so what was there to lose?
The Chestnut is a little light for me, but even for $2, I will make it work. I applied with stipling brush then buffed it out. My powder evens it out well. It has good coverage and very little transfer. I'm sure these will last me a while. No plans to repurchase at full price after this great deal.
update 1/31/12 --> I threw this crap out. I mistakenly broke the bottle and it was a greasy mess! It even stained the pump on my liquid hand soap. I see why it was discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by cracksomeSKULLS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was recommended this by another MUAer after I asked for similar but cheaper recs to MUFE HD. Having never actually tried HD I cannot vouche for how similar it is - but I can say this stuff is awesome. Creamy but not emollient consistency, I found a great match with Ecru (Ecru Beige? maybe?) I'm NW20 and wear Deauville in NARS Sheer Glow for reference.

The bottle comes with a pump (yes! Please make all foundations this way) and the coverage is what I would call medium yet buildable. Without setting it, I looked kinda dewy and fresh but I get oily breakthrough so I set with Coastal Scents silica powder.

I found this at CVS for $12 and I love it, but I know SH is prone to DCing items, so beware if you fall in love with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by 305beauty4ever

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! My HG foundation!!!! I bought this after trying to get rid of all my old makeup and buy only natural/organic stuff....I swear by Korres and Avalon Organics :) ... anyway, I put on my Korres Anti-aging Primer and this foundation witht the loose powder and I AM DONE for the day! I swear but normally by the time I get to my car in the morning I am ready to blot and I blot and/or powder a million times a day. I am 43 with really oily skin that is dry in spots (lovely) but with this amazing foundation I simply do not have to blot but maybe once or twice throughout a 12 hour day. It feels like I am wearing nothing but my less-than-perfect skin looks absolutely flawless. Doesn't change color at all, doesn't streak or wear off either. I AM IN LOVE! I love the pump too! I have used hundreds over the years and never have used a foundation that I don't want to scrub off by the end of the day. And the price too is very reasonable. True Beige works beautifully on me as far as color and I think I am an NC-25 for reference. Please try this if you suffer from oily skin especially,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best DS foundation I've ever found. Ecru Beige covers all my redness, doesn't clog my pores, and the pump dispenser is very hygenic. The downside is that it feels a bit too heavy in summer weather. I've taken care of this in the past by setting it with silica powder and this summer I'm going to mix it with my moisturizer to create a sheer TM. It's not the only foundation in my m/u kit, but it's one that I keep going back to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

What an I say, I am am obsessed with "your skin" foundations and love natural makeup made with beauty oils like jojoba. At first I thought this was a HG foundation. The color echu beige was great and matched my "buff" skin well. It has no pink in it and not very yellow either - a true beige. It covered really well and looked very natural. The issue for me is that this dries matt, which says a lot over my oil based sunblock. By the end of the day it looked very dry and obvious. I will keep this foundation incase I need to look perfect for just a short period of time, and it may be better in the summer, but for all day in the winter it just does not work for me. The whole "natural beauty" line is very matt, including the creme blushes and nothing here works for my dry skin but I would recommend this line for ladies with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I bought this in sandy beige and am delighted w/the results. It looks amazing on my skin. I will say that I do put milk of magnesia on my oily t-zone (let it dry) before applying this foundation and then it stays put all day! The color is a bit dark for me during the winter months...but as summer gets here this will definitely be my go to foundation. A total win for me as far as DS foundations go! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by princessshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Carmindy's natural approach to makeup and I was happy to see that there is no parabens in her products (pore clogging!). I have to say that I like this foundation. I am NC35 and i use sandy beige, and its a pretty good match! Its very smooth to apply, but I find that moisturizing beforehand is a must, otherwise it doesn't look as nice. I feel good applying this to my skin because it doesn't feel too heavy, and hasn't caused breakouts on my acne-prone skin. It has medium coverage and I find that I still need to use concealor for spot concealing. I use this on my LONG on call days at the hospital (30 hrs straight!) and it LASTS. That is impressive. It is also great for use in the summertime, when my mineral makeup totally flakes. I recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Twirlybee

I was excited to try this product because I am a big fan of Carmindy and her work on What Not To Wear. I also wanted to try it because it is paraban free. So, with these two things in mind I decided to take the plunge and buy a bottle.
On the positive side,the coverage is on the sheer side and the product spreads nicely. It has a nice pump top that reduces messiness.
On the negative side, the color choices are not great. They are all very beige-ey. I have very pink undertones in my skin and this stuff just makes me look deathly pale. This foundation also makes my skin so oily! My forehead has a total slick on it about an hour or two after application. I also think that it is making my sensitve skin break out.
I'm disappointed that Your Skin wasn't a good fit with My Skin. It's not a horrible product, but may not be right for you if you have skin like mine -- combo and sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Windupdolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A couple weeks ago I was hoping to find a quick, cheap, foundation to use while waiting for my chance to order my usual Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Foundation and I picked a bottle of this one in Ecru Beige from the CVS near my University. I am amazed by how good the color match is to my NC20 skin!! This foundation covers most of my acne while leaving a healthy dewy glow and it is easy to build up coverage in areas not concealed with a single layer of foundation. The only thing I'd say is sometimes the pump can dispense the foundation farther than you want (ie across the room. Eep!) so be careful! In total however, I love this foundation and don't think I'll be going back to my Bobbi Brown anytime soon.