April 16, 2014 | 1931 users online

Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Tegugirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample package with a shampoo, conditioner, and the oil treatment for my daughter. She has fine, shoulder lenth hair, but a lot of it. Her hair is always dried out and tangled. I've tried l'oreal, suave, and several other brands to no avail. This product worked wonders for her. However, I tried it on my hair and felt no change. My hair is thick, long, and dyed. I had better luck with Aussie 3 minute miracle. I also did not like the smell of this product. It reminded me of the flea spray I use on my dog.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this just to see what all the hype was about and I instantly fell in love with it! It's so amazing and leaves my hair feeling extremely silky and looking very smooth. My hair gets greasy quite quickly so I was a bit hesitant about putting oil in my hair but it was fine. I also find it works best when I let my hair dry naturally until it is about 70-80% dry and then I put the product in and blow dry. I'm not sure why but my hair just feels silkier this way.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, a lot of people seem to love this stuff. I purchased this against my better judgement because it was very expensive and I kind of knew it was going to be a dud. I have colour treated hair and I usually apply serums before blow drying. The size of the bottle was tiny, but then, so is the serum bottle, so not much difference there (except the price). I applied the oil to damp hair and set about blow drying my hair in its usual straight design. My serum would usually leave my hair looking sleek with a few flyaways that I would slick down with some hair putty. The Moroccan oil left it looking like I had applied no product at all. I had a couple of choices - wash my hair again and apply serum to blow dry or put my hair up for the day. I chose to wear my hair up and decided to try and slick it with the Moroccan Oil whilst it was dry. It did a half reasonable job of making my hair look shiny, but there are so many products that can do the same thing at a fraction of the price. An expensive waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This is such an amazing treatment! Yes, it is pretty expensive, but it lasts for such a long time and unlike a lot of other products it doesn't make your hair greasy! My hair stylist put this in my hair and said she's never had anyone return it, and I fell in love with it. I have such thick hair, and its medium-long in length, she literally took the lid off and poured it in her hand and applied it. All that and my hair wasn't even greasy, but soft, shiny, and healthy. I brought this along in my suitcase when visiting my mom, and noticed it leaking. So I now have it in a plastic bag, which is unfortunate since the price. But I will continue to repurchase this for a long time! I've had mine since November 11' and its more than half full!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Tshank777

Good stuff definetly changes hair from dry thirsty damaged hair to moist and healthy hair. The price is pretty pricey but you really don't need a lot. The bottle would be better if it wasn't glass for travel.all in all it is very good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Directioner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: makes hair softer, smells good :)
CONS: expensive, sometimes leaks :(
COMMENTS: I got this from a hair salon because it was reccomended, and I really like it, I actually got sad when it ran out. It makes my hair really soft and makes it smell fantabulous, plus it gets rid of almost all my frizziness! I love it, the only problem is it sometimes leaks from the lid somehow, and it's a little expensive but to be honest, who cares? This stuff is amazing. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Moroccan Oil, but there are some things you should know about it before you buy it. In no way is this PURE argan oil. This is primarily a silicone-based frizz serum (and a pricy one at that) with some argan oil in it. It has a really pleasant smell that's kind of earthy and musky without being too gross and hippie-like. It works primarily by filling in imperfections in the hair shaft and smoothing and sealing the hair cuticle. This leads to the super silky hair that we all desire. It doesn't repair the hair (once a hair splits, it's spit for good, this stuff can temporarily stick it back together though). I've noticed that I use this stuff heavy-handedly for more than a few days in a row my hair will start to feel sort of gunky with build up. The cure for this is a good clarifying shampoo! I know it sounds like I'm being overly critical of this product, but I really do love it! It makes my hair super shiny and soft and it's great to use before any kind of heat treatment. You just need to know what to expect with this stuff before you buy it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When used sporadically - this oil (silicone) treatment can really work wonders on dry hair (mine is slightly dry - in no way "french fried", but uber fine and color treated.)

Pricey for what it is. Can build up so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Directioner1O1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the smell of the product and I put it on in the morning because my hair is frizzy and it's amazing!!! It gets rid of frizziness and dryness. It's a little expensive but it definitley works good, but sometimes it leaks from the cap down the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by laurie2025

I was excited to try this product, but it is full if silicones. It worked initially, but after a month or so, my hair got really dry and did not respond to the product anymore. I think a lot of it was the buildup left in my hair. I have ordered some pure argan oil and trashed the moroccanoil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No