Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 1/10/2014 10:18:00 AM

I purchased this in the "light" version because my hair is fine and naturally blonde. I can't say enough about how much I love this product. I only need a small amount and it smoothes my split ends, cuts down on my blow drying time and cuts out frizziness/dryness. I live in FL and with such high humidity my hair tends to get frizzy very easily. This product works wonders. The only thing I don't like is that it is easy to apply too much and the bottle is not travel friendly because the pump leaks. It is a bit pricey, but it lasts a long time.

on 1/4/2014 12:57:00 PM

I love this product for my coarse wavy hair. UNFORTUNATELY - I will not buy again as the bottle is now SMALLER and MORE EXPENSIVE. Boo!

on 1/2/2014 1:09:00 AM

I love this product. I had a pixie cut back in Feb 2013 after damaging my black hair to platinum blonde. This stuff is amazing. I wish it was a pump instead of just an open cap. It leaks easy but other than that I love this!!

on 12/28/2013 11:16:00 PM

I've used this for years now and I think it's time to write a review. I've tried countless brands of hair oils and always come back to this one. Other oils stop working after awhile, and I feel like they're not fully penetrating my hair anymore. However moroccanoil never fails to make my hair smooth and silky, and it's one of the biggest staples in my haircare. This stuff brings dry, damaged hair back to life ! Oh and the smell !! It's just intoxicating. I wish they made perfume that smelled like moroccanoil, haha. I also use it on both damp hair and dry hair. Its a wonderful investment for your hair, and I couldn't go without it ! HG !

on 12/28/2013 1:30:00 PM

I hate using silicone based products, but I do use this just because it works so well. I never put it on wet hair, I just use a little bit to smooth my hair as a final styling effort before I walk out the door and for this it works well at keeping my hair sleek all day. Only things I don't like are that the smell could be a bit gentler and I think its very expensive. Oh and don't buy the 25ml for travelling - both of the ones I bought leaked ;(

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Fabulous! I bought this about two years ago for around $50 and I still have about 25% of the bottle left. I use it everyday/everytime I shower. After I shower I towel dry my hair and use a pea size drop and spread it throughout my damp hair. Ever since I used this product I've never brushed my hair, I never need to! It adds great shine, smell, softness and feels great! The only thing is it's hard to travel around with, but luckily I got a sample bottle which is made of glass I fill to travel with

on 11/28/2013 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for over a year now, so thought it's due time I write a review. This is the best of the moroccan hair oils I've tried. I was uncomfortable paying so much for a bottle of oil, so I tried using cheaper brands, but they had the tendency to either weigh my hair down, or not provide any hydration whatsoever. I apply this to my hair when it's damp so it absorbs more of the product, and my hair sucks this stuff right up! It also produces a subtle shine, and is a good product to use before blow drying. I've gone through two bottles in the past year (I have longish hair), and am about to buy my third. I took one lippie off for the exorbitant price!

on 11/28/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

HG hair product! Love the smell and makes my hair sooooo soft. Price is high but I think it's worth it. Try out the smaller bottle before investing in the larger size. Doesn't leave my hair greasy or oily and is very light.

on 11/26/2013 6:32:00 AM

After reading so many positive feedbacks I decided to try out moroccan oil. It was not quite cheap at all. After taking a shower I applied some on my hair, and it weight down my hair so much. Instead of making my hair look shiny and glossy, it made my hair look oily and greasy. Would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 11/21/2013 6:52:00 PM

I went to one of my favorite websites, The Beauty Brains (a website written by a group of scientists who bust beauty myth) to find out whether silicones are generally good or bad for the hair.

I'v also collected the most popular questions about silicones, I came across online and tried to answer them:

Do silicones dry out your hair because it stops moisture from getting in?

No one really knows, but in theory it could happen. However the hair would have to be stripped from moisture, and most often the opposite happens - The moisture you have in your hair is locked IN. So, the myth is partly true, but not necessarily a bad thing!

Can you wash silicone out of your hair?

YES, always. However regular use of products containing heavy insoluble silicones require a special cleansing shampoo to be removed completely, so it really depends on the type of silicones and whether or not you have applied multiple products containing heavy silicones. Some are easily washed out, some aren't!

This is what The Beauty Brains website says:

"The properties vary depending on which particular silicone is in the formula. Some silicones do leave a heavy coating on the hair that can be hard to wash off. Others are very water soluble and do not buildup at all. Dimethicone, for example, is the heaviest of all silicones used for hair care. It provides the most smoothing effect but it is also the hardest to wash out. Cyclomethicone on the other hand, gives great slippery feeling while you are rinsing your hair but it quickly evaporates leaving nothing behind."

Will silicones mask the hair damage, so you won't be able to tell your hairs condition?

YES it will!! Isn't that wonderful? It makes your hair look good!!

.. Cause lets face it, if you don't hide your damaged hair, the only other alternative is to cut it off... and really, lets be honest here, no one wants to do that!

I think it works wonders for my hair, but each to our own - but lets not hate it JUST because it contains silicone.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products