December 17, 2014 | 1682 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Fit42

It's a staple for me for so many reasons. It's a also a first aid for when skin can become quite dry or cracked in the winter. It's also a must for pregnant bellies. It's simple, clean, and wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 3:50:00 AM More reviews by isengfox

Love it. I use it mostly for lips, for hands whenever the hands feel dry/skin about to cracked/already cracked,sometimes as cuticle cream as an occasional treat. Tried it as boobs' cream, not bad... Use small amount only, otherwise it feels too oily. I find it too dense & too greasy for overall body moisturiser though. Feels a bit mucky.

In general, a handy multi-purpose product, I take the small tin with me everywhere I goes. Took 1 lippie off as the lid comes off too easily when the weather changes.

Oh, I use it as "weather forecaster", too... seriously, whenever it gets hotter, it "melts"... a bit like chocolate..I supposed it's similar to cocoa butter...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Hard to use, not moisturising (Even for my lips), overly expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Possummama

Too hard, did not melt easily, felt tacky on skin, and is waaaay overprocessed.
Get 100% pure UNREFINED UNBLEACHED shea butter. It takes a little getting used to but is far superior to L'Occitane's. I love many things from L'Occitane-- this is not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by zilfbambi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would probably give this a 4.5 instead of a full on 5 lippies. I got this in a trial size, which i think is more then enough to last me about 6 mths (it is only good for 12M). I use it only on my lips and the driest spot on my body (ankle, elbow, knees). I like to use it on my lips the most because it makes my lips so supple and soft without being glossy and oily. I don't like lipbalms that makes my lips look glossy. This product is extremely moisturizing without being greasy. However, i find that having to melt this product on my fingers extremely tedious. It gets under my finger nails if i try to scrape it out, if i get sick of scraping, i'll just swirl my fingers in the tub to melt the top part. I know this method is extremely unhygienic. That's why im giving it 4.5. The scent is very light and nutty with a teeny bit of mint scent (wish it was stronger). Overall, this is a good rich moisturiser to buy if you have extra cash to burn.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by JayBay714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A little goes a long way!! The pot may seemed overpriced but it's really not that bad cuz it does last. I use it on my lips when they are really chapped and also on very dry, cracked spots and around my cuticles where my skin sometimes breaks. I will buy again and bought some as a stocking stuffer for my sister!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is way too overpriced!! And not the best shea to use anyway. This is highly refined, so all the good qualities are removed from it. Ive used unrefined shea butter alot and its so much better! In general shea butter is hard to spread on skin anyway, but there have been some brands of the unrefined kind Ive really liked that melted into my skin like butter. But this one isnt it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is the best pure shea butter product that I have ever purchased. It doesn't have an over the top nutty aroma to it, it emulsifies between my fingers rather quickly, and it never leaves my skin greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Cas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent product. I have very sensitive lips and this is the only thing I have found so far which moisturises them well without giving me an allergic reaction. I don't use this everyday, only some nights before going to sleep, but when I do, I can pretty much be assured of soft, smooth, rosy pink lips when I wake up in the morning. Price-wise, it's a tad expensive, but one small tin of the shea butter lasts me just about forever (I throw out all remaining product after a year, though), so I guess it isn't that bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by yuki_chou

i got this small pot, thinking it's cute. i used it as lip balm amd for my rough finger nails. for my lips, it works well, makes lips soft and soothing. for my fingers, nothing! the skin around my finger nails keep on drying, and applying this just makes me feel sticky...