L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought a 2oz tin of the Ltd. Anniversary Ed. that has Lavender. It smells divine! Occasionally I use Retin-A around my eyes which makes my eye area red and sensitive, making nearly every eye cream burn and sting. Straight Vaseline is good but can look too shiny and make concealer crease.

I forgot I had this! I tap my finger on the surface and tap around my eyes (don't even TRY to spread this around your delicate eyes!) it moisturizes beautifully, doesn't sting AT ALL, looks matte, doesn't make my concealer crease, which makes it perfect for the daytime. (Using Retin-A makes the skin flake, its part of the process, but when you put concealer on sensitive flaky eyes, Whoa! you look like a reptile shedding its skin! But its worth it to see smoother skin after a few weeks.)

This is a great all purpose intensive moisturizer, great for eyes, lips, cuticles, dry patches, anywhere.

I usually am a huge fan of l'occitane,but mg,this stuff is awful! It has this dreadful thick gunky texture that never fades completely even hours later! I had to warm the tub with my hair dryer or I would never have gotten this cream to rub in without removing layers of skin! I cannot believe I spent soo much on such a crapy crapy product.Even thinking of the feeling of it on my skin is making me cringe!Ewww...Never again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Having just seen this on ebay for 1.99 a 100g (4oz), this product is definitely overpriced, and I won't be buying it again. The ebay listing was also raw, unrefined, and with a much higher healing factor - which have to to be points in its favour, eh? I will continue to use shea butter because even this L'Occitane version (heavily processed and refined) is bloomin' marvellous. I use it on my cuticles, my lips, dry patches, elbows, eczma, and even sometimes at night, around my eyes. In many ways, I would compare it with Liz Earle's Superbalm (texture, moisturising quality, etc) but she uses essential oils, which taste if you use them on your lips. Both products are great, and I cannot imagine being without them. Since using Shea butter on my nails and cuticles they are definitely stronger, and have a glossy healthy sheen. For years i have had dry cuticles and hangnails, which have never responded to anything. Within a week of applying the Shea butter once or twice a day, they were looking great.

Thanks for the tip about using it on my hair, I will try that next.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the small ( 0.26 size ) tin of L'Occitane from SkinStore.com. I was wanting a substitute for that dreadful Dr.Denese Age Correcting cream @ night time. I can't write there is a problem removing the product from the tin. The consistency was like dipping out of a Vaseline jar. On the other hand, I have seen shea butter that looked hard packed in the container. The L'Occitane texture was gritty and warming it up took away the grit.

I applied it to my desert dry skin, but noticed it took a long time to absorb. Maybe, I've been using to much. I've read all the wonderful benefits from using shea butter, and will have to wait to see any results. I'm thinking shea butter comes from both East and West Africa, but are different in some ways.

I may wait to use this up before deciding to buy the L'Occitane Organic shea butter OR, I may buy the unrefined on eBay.

Update: I tried B&BW Too Shea and decided L'Occitane's was better. Too Shea's was more greasy-like in consistency, no matter how light it was applied. I tried the L'Occitane's with a lighter hand and it did absorb in my skin much better. I just might use this on my elbows and heels.

I Love To Use This On My Lips & Hair. It Makes
My Lips Pillowy And Super Soft. You Can Use It To
Style Your Hair, Works Really Good Plus It Conditions
Your Hair. Oh And It Only Has One Simple Direction, So
Follow It Before You Start Saying It Sucks. All You Have
To Do Is Melt In The Palm Of Your Han Before Applying
Where You Want It. 150ml / $46.64 CDN (With Tax)

It's a staple for me for so many reasons. It's a also a first aid for when skin can become quite dry or cracked in the winter. It's also a must for pregnant bellies. It's simple, clean, and wonderful!

Love it. I use it mostly for lips, for hands whenever the hands feel dry/skin about to cracked/already cracked,sometimes as cuticle cream as an occasional treat. Tried it as boobs' cream, not bad... Use small amount only, otherwise it feels too oily. I find it too dense & too greasy for overall body moisturiser though. Feels a bit mucky.

In general, a handy multi-purpose product, I take the small tin with me everywhere I goes. Took 1 lippie off as the lid comes off too easily when the weather changes.

Oh, I use it as "weather forecaster", too... seriously, whenever it gets hotter, it "melts"... a bit like chocolate..I supposed it's similar to cocoa butter...

Hard to use, not moisturising (Even for my lips), overly expensive.

Too hard, did not melt easily, felt tacky on skin, and is waaaay overprocessed.
Get 100% pure UNREFINED UNBLEACHED shea butter. It takes a little getting used to but is far superior to L'Occitane's. I love many things from L'Occitane-- this is not one of them.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would probably give this a 4.5 instead of a full on 5 lippies. I got this in a trial size, which i think is more then enough to last me about 6 mths (it is only good for 12M). I use it only on my lips and the driest spot on my body (ankle, elbow, knees). I like to use it on my lips the most because it makes my lips so supple and soft without being glossy and oily. I don't like lipbalms that makes my lips look glossy. This product is extremely moisturizing without being greasy. However, i find that having to melt this product on my fingers extremely tedious. It gets under my finger nails if i try to scrape it out, if i get sick of scraping, i'll just swirl my fingers in the tub to melt the top part. I know this method is extremely unhygienic. That's why im giving it 4.5. The scent is very light and nutty with a teeny bit of mint scent (wish it was stronger). Overall, this is a good rich moisturiser to buy if you have extra cash to burn.