L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

on 3/28/2008 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the small ( 0.26 size ) tin of L'Occitane from SkinStore.com. I was wanting a substitute for that dreadful Dr.Denese Age Correcting cream @ night time. I can't write there is a problem removing the product from the tin. The consistency was like dipping out of a Vaseline jar. On the other hand, I have seen shea butter that looked hard packed in the container. The L'Occitane texture was gritty and warming it up took away the grit.

I applied it to my desert dry skin, but noticed it took a long time to absorb. Maybe, I've been using to much. I've read all the wonderful benefits from using shea butter, and will have to wait to see any results. I'm thinking shea butter comes from both East and West Africa, but are different in some ways.

I may wait to use this up before deciding to buy the L'Occitane Organic shea butter OR, I may buy the unrefined on eBay.

Update: I tried B&BW Too Shea and decided L'Occitane's was better. Too Shea's was more greasy-like in consistency, no matter how light it was applied. I tried the L'Occitane's with a lighter hand and it did absorb in my skin much better. I just might use this on my elbows and heels.

on 3/10/2008 9:04:00 PM

I Love To Use This On My Lips & Hair. It Makes
My Lips Pillowy And Super Soft. You Can Use It To
Style Your Hair, Works Really Good Plus It Conditions
Your Hair. Oh And It Only Has One Simple Direction, So
Follow It Before You Start Saying It Sucks. All You Have
To Do Is Melt In The Palm Of Your Han Before Applying
Where You Want It. 150ml / $46.64 CDN (With Tax)

on 2/6/2008 1:18:00 PM

It's a staple for me for so many reasons. It's a also a first aid for when skin can become quite dry or cracked in the winter. It's also a must for pregnant bellies. It's simple, clean, and wonderful!

on 2/5/2008 3:50:00 AM

Love it. I use it mostly for lips, for hands whenever the hands feel dry/skin about to cracked/already cracked,sometimes as cuticle cream as an occasional treat. Tried it as boobs' cream, not bad... Use small amount only, otherwise it feels too oily. I find it too dense & too greasy for overall body moisturiser though. Feels a bit mucky.

In general, a handy multi-purpose product, I take the small tin with me everywhere I goes. Took 1 lippie off as the lid comes off too easily when the weather changes.

Oh, I use it as "weather forecaster", too... seriously, whenever it gets hotter, it "melts"... a bit like chocolate..I supposed it's similar to cocoa butter...

on 2/3/2008 6:08:00 AM

Hard to use, not moisturising (Even for my lips), overly expensive.

on 1/13/2008 10:19:00 PM

Too hard, did not melt easily, felt tacky on skin, and is waaaay overprocessed.
Get 100% pure UNREFINED UNBLEACHED shea butter. It takes a little getting used to but is far superior to L'Occitane's. I love many things from L'Occitane-- this is not one of them.

on 1/3/2008 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would probably give this a 4.5 instead of a full on 5 lippies. I got this in a trial size, which i think is more then enough to last me about 6 mths (it is only good for 12M). I use it only on my lips and the driest spot on my body (ankle, elbow, knees). I like to use it on my lips the most because it makes my lips so supple and soft without being glossy and oily. I don't like lipbalms that makes my lips look glossy. This product is extremely moisturizing without being greasy. However, i find that having to melt this product on my fingers extremely tedious. It gets under my finger nails if i try to scrape it out, if i get sick of scraping, i'll just swirl my fingers in the tub to melt the top part. I know this method is extremely unhygienic. That's why im giving it 4.5. The scent is very light and nutty with a teeny bit of mint scent (wish it was stronger). Overall, this is a good rich moisturiser to buy if you have extra cash to burn.

on 12/11/2007 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A little goes a long way!! The pot may seemed overpriced but it's really not that bad cuz it does last. I use it on my lips when they are really chapped and also on very dry, cracked spots and around my cuticles where my skin sometimes breaks. I will buy again and bought some as a stocking stuffer for my sister!!

This is way too overpriced!! And not the best shea to use anyway. This is highly refined, so all the good qualities are removed from it. Ive used unrefined shea butter alot and its so much better! In general shea butter is hard to spread on skin anyway, but there have been some brands of the unrefined kind Ive really liked that melted into my skin like butter. But this one isnt it!

on 11/22/2007 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best pure shea butter product that I have ever purchased. It doesn't have an over the top nutty aroma to it, it emulsifies between my fingers rather quickly, and it never leaves my skin greasy.