Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

on 1/7/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara for every day wear. It doesn't flake, lasts all day regardless of weather and does exactly what it says on the tube - defines my lashes! For a more dramatic or evening look, I would reach for another mascara (for more volume and lengthening) but for day to day wear and going to work, this is the best stuff, and fairly reasonably priced.

on 1/4/2010 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a pretty good mascara. It does a pretty good job in defining the lashes like it claims to do. I actually used 3 tubes of this before I realized that I need more volume than definition. This mascara doesn't do much for volume, but you can't expect it to since it's a definition mascara.
It's quite waterproof and will last all day. I wouldn't recommend going into the pool with this, but it will last you through a rainy or snowy day. It also holds a curl quite well.
This is a good basic, everyday mascara. It doesn't give very dramatic looking lashes, so if you're looking for something dramatic, this mascara is not for you.

on 12/29/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm also a Full and Soft user, but wanted to try what else was on the market. This stuff is really good -- love it! I find that this does a good job of volumizing my lashes, similar to Full & Soft. It goes on smooth and clean and I usually only need 2 coats max. I like the new-style brush -- kind of rubbery. With Full & Soft, I sometimes get smudges throughout the day -- I haven't noticed any smudges or flakes with Define A Lash Waterproof. I think I will be buying this instead of Full & Soft next purchase, although I still think Full & Soft is a very good mascara. I also want to mention that this mascara does a good job of maintaining my eyelasher-curled lashes -- the formula doesn't straighten them out.

I did not like this product at all, its not that it didn't go on its when it did it not enough would go on cause the brush is way to flimsy and its just horrible i do not recommend buying this product again maybe for someone who like their eyelashes to have one very thin coat of basically nothing on them. but other then the no's the only pro i would use this for would be the very natural look.

on 11/28/2009 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't understand what other reviewers find wrong with this product. I bought this on a whim, and I'm on my 3rd tube.

I have naturally long lashes, and often I find my mascara makes its way to my lower lid and smudges every more beyond. Not with the Define a Lash. This stuff beat out my Blink mascara as the top. Its cheap, has great basic colors and stays without smudging or running. I've had luck getting it off my lashes with my regular face wash and a washcloth.

I understand it won't give you super thick lashes like supermodels do (but they use lash extensions and fillers anyhow). But this stuff stays on and doesn't clump.

on 11/21/2009 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The brush sucks!! Way to flimsy..

on 11/21/2009 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Worst mascara ever! It looks too ordinary for one coat, and more than one coat will make your lashes look weird and flakey. The brush just sucks, it's too fragile and it bends like you wouldn't belive. Impossible to use if you want some curl.

on 10/25/2009 10:24:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara- I'm on my 5 tube now and get my friends to bulk buy it whenever they're in the US or Canada. I'd even go so far as to say that this is better than Chanel's inimitable waterproof mascara (which comes a very close 2nd). This mascara does exactly what it promises and does not flake or run in the humid hot summers that we have here. The brush is easy to use and really helps to enhance the curl. The curl holds up during the day and even through an Ashtanga yoga class. Can't recommend it enough. Just wish Maybelline would come out with more colors like a deep plum.

on 10/15/2009 12:58:00 PM

I love this product due to the clump free, long, dark, voluminous lashes that I get from it! Plus the waterproof version holds a curl all day and doesn't smudge at all.

I couldn't give the product a 5 because the packaging is really awful. The lid doesnt screw on tightly and the mascara dries out quite quickly; plus the brush is very very flimsy and feels like it is going to snap when you pull it out of the tube!
I can live with this though because of what it does to my lashes!!

I gave the price a 1 rating as I bought it for just 4.80 in Boots AND got double points! I will be stocking up!

Overall this cheap mascara does just as good a job as the 20 Dior Iconic Extreme! Will be purchasing again.

UPDATE: It is REALLY hard to get this off, even with my Clinique TTDO or MAC Cleanse off oil. This is my HG waterproof mascara, but I love Benefit Bad Gal Lash more.

on 10/10/2009 8:51:00 PM

i like this mascara because its waterproof although i found it smudged a bit when i wear on my lower lashes. you definetely needa comb/brush for this product though as it can clump or go on unevenly however it isnt bad and really does lenghten mylashes. i just really like how after i brush my lashes they look bigger but still really natural and as if i didnt use any mascara at all