October 30, 2014 | 1527 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Tiya_Archer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm also a Full and Soft user, but wanted to try what else was on the market. This stuff is really good -- love it! I find that this does a good job of volumizing my lashes, similar to Full & Soft. It goes on smooth and clean and I usually only need 2 coats max. I like the new-style brush -- kind of rubbery. With Full & Soft, I sometimes get smudges throughout the day -- I haven't noticed any smudges or flakes with Define A Lash Waterproof. I think I will be buying this instead of Full & Soft next purchase, although I still think Full & Soft is a very good mascara. I also want to mention that this mascara does a good job of maintaining my eyelasher-curled lashes -- the formula doesn't straighten them out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by nicolecopeland11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this product at all, its not that it didn't go on its when it did it not enough would go on cause the brush is way to flimsy and its just horrible i do not recommend buying this product again maybe for someone who like their eyelashes to have one very thin coat of basically nothing on them. but other then the no's the only pro i would use this for would be the very natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Redsilas77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand what other reviewers find wrong with this product. I bought this on a whim, and I'm on my 3rd tube.

I have naturally long lashes, and often I find my mascara makes its way to my lower lid and smudges every more beyond. Not with the Define a Lash. This stuff beat out my Blink mascara as the top. Its cheap, has great basic colors and stays without smudging or running. I've had luck getting it off my lashes with my regular face wash and a washcloth.

I understand it won't give you super thick lashes like supermodels do (but they use lash extensions and fillers anyhow). But this stuff stays on and doesn't clump.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by marim1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush sucks!! Way to flimsy..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by kandie128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst mascara ever! It looks too ordinary for one coat, and more than one coat will make your lashes look weird and flakey. The brush just sucks, it's too fragile and it bends like you wouldn't belive. Impossible to use if you want some curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by carrieloves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this mascara- I'm on my 5 tube now and get my friends to bulk buy it whenever they're in the US or Canada. I'd even go so far as to say that this is better than Chanel's inimitable waterproof mascara (which comes a very close 2nd). This mascara does exactly what it promises and does not flake or run in the humid hot summers that we have here. The brush is easy to use and really helps to enhance the curl. The curl holds up during the day and even through an Ashtanga yoga class. Can't recommend it enough. Just wish Maybelline would come out with more colors like a deep plum.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product due to the clump free, long, dark, voluminous lashes that I get from it! Plus the waterproof version holds a curl all day and doesn't smudge at all.

I couldn't give the product a 5 because the packaging is really awful. The lid doesnt screw on tightly and the mascara dries out quite quickly; plus the brush is very very flimsy and feels like it is going to snap when you pull it out of the tube!
I can live with this though because of what it does to my lashes!!

I gave the price a 1 rating as I bought it for just 4.80 in Boots AND got double points! I will be stocking up!

Overall this cheap mascara does just as good a job as the 20 Dior Iconic Extreme! Will be purchasing again.

UPDATE: It is REALLY hard to get this off, even with my Clinique TTDO or MAC Cleanse off oil. This is my HG waterproof mascara, but I love Benefit Bad Gal Lash more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by KikiMimiChan

i like this mascara because its waterproof although i found it smudged a bit when i wear on my lower lashes. you definetely needa comb/brush for this product though as it can clump or go on unevenly however it isnt bad and really does lenghten mylashes. i just really like how after i brush my lashes they look bigger but still really natural and as if i didnt use any mascara at all

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by meticulous26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The packing is bright and eye-catching, but it is what's inside that matters.

The applicator curves in on one side which is troublesome because before I apply, I have to rotate the wand to make it fit with the curve of my lashes. This is an added step that I wish I didn't have to take. Also, the applicator is much too flexible. I want to have full control when applying mascara, but this wand doesn't allow for that at all. The wand has so much give that it is better suited as a catapult.

The formula dried up way too quickly. Considering that this happened to my Maybelline Lash Discovery, I have a feeling Maybelline's waterproof mascara formulation is the problem.

This mascara did lengthen my lashes as it claims to do, but this one good quality doesn't justify the many other bad ones. PASS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by xsweet

My favorite mascara of ALL TIME!
I wear this everyday.
It gives me long lashes and i really like this