July 26, 2014 | 1708 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

This foundation is just amazing.
Most often long wearing foundations look patchy on me because of my dry patches.
But this one is just perfect, looks really natural. Im using shade 02, it never looks cakey nor obvious.
Packaging is the best, its easy to cut open when your running out but still looks stylish!
Nothing more annoying than a glass bottle of an expensive foundation that you cant get out..
Suits all skintypes, not a good colour selection.
I tried the original double wear, looked very cakey and fake, smelled like paint and craked every time i smiled or moved a muscle. The light version is a totally different story!
Love it Love it Love it! Perfect for going out night or just when i need good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by chupachupspc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product and currently at my third tube.
I have very oily skin and stay in humid and hot SEA country.I dont really have acne-prone skin but do have occasional breakout and clogged pores.
This product is good as it does have some oil control properties that can keep my skin shine-free for about 3 hrs, slightly oily for another 3hrs and I need to start blotting after that. It will slide slightly but never cake.
I will recommend this to oily skin people as it has a matte finish and dont feel very heavy on your skin. To achieve a flawless and matte finish, I am using this together with Chanel Purete Mat. The combination helps to achieve instant very-matte look and help to extend my shine-free duration by an hour or two. However, I would still look out for better foundation that can keep my oil at bay for at least 6 hrs as it does slide pretty soon (like 3hrs for me) and that doesnt look good if people see small streaks of foundation on your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

As always i am on the hunt looking for the next best foundation. i stopped by the EL counter at macys and tried the DWL in shade 3.0 - since they had a limited range in shade, i figured if this was too light i could adjust the color w/ bronzer or darken it up with a darker foundation i currently have in my stash. surprisingly it was a good match to my nc37-nc40 skintone. i love that it doesn't cake on and it truly does last a long time w/o making my skin feel like i have a mask on. also i love the squeeze tube applicator it comes in- i thought at first this was less product than other foundations, but according to the tube it is 1.0 fluid ounces which is standard for most all foundations. i guess others have a more bulky glass packaging (mac mineralize or Armani foundation) so it seems like there is more product. i would repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jiller777

LOVE this foundation..they label it as sheer, because its lightweight and blends into skintone beautifull. Love the stayin power of this foundation and I never get any lines of demarkation, the matches are dead on, they are all neutral, so never to pink or yellow. GREAT summer foundation, will hold up in heat and not transfer, unlike many other foundations marketed the same way. The quality is amazing, and I apply it with my sigma angled top kabuki brush. Less is always more, I went from using foundations that had med-full coverage, only to realize I lok more freshfaced and beautiful in something like this. Does a great job at covering any skin issues. Everyone should own a nautral foundation like this and just conealor where needed vs wearing a mask all over their good skin areas. In direct sunlight this foundation is almost undectable, my skin but better ! Estee is just amazing and underrated cus their packaging isnt "hip" id rather pay for quality..It sets to basically a matte finish. With their matte primer your set for summer ! I always come back to this after tryn other brands, you name it ive tried it but nothing loks soo great on my skin like this one does. Great for everyday use, fragrance free, doesnt clog pores.. the more dense the brush more coverage you will get.
Since this is a LONG wearing foundation, FULLY remove with makeup wipes, then cleanse the skin, DO NOT use pore scrubbing face washes to remove your makeup, u will push it into the pores..NEVER got one bump from this and ive used for 3yrs. Mac gave me cosmetic acne. Very great for sensitve acne prone skin, just remove the proper way. Im NC20-25 and Intesity 2.0 is perfect.. End of day makeup looks flawless, good for all skintypes, and their matte primer is amazing..I dont have oily skin but the primer works well in the Tzone where we all get a tad of shine naturally

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I am surprised to see some negative reviews of this foundation, but I guess it just proves how different everyone's skin is and you cannot truly build an opinion until you just try a product.

I've been on the hunt for a long wear, yet light coverage foundation that would be perfect for summer. I am oily/combination skin and if I don't take a very good care of it I'm prone to minor break-outs. I almost bought the Amazonian clay foundation by Tarte since it also felt quite light on the skin, but it ended up making my face shiny and did not last all day. I recently went to Macy's and saw that they were running a 10-day free trial of any foundation so I decided to take advantage of it and went to the Estee Lauder counter. I am so happy I did! What a lucky day.
The shade 2 matched me to a tee (NC 20-23, since I am a bit tan right now) and it just looked absolutely stanning on my face. I am about to go back and purchase the full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

My skin is oily, acne-prone and sensitive. My pores also clog VERY easily. I also have yellow undertones.

I think this used to be $68 AUD but is now $50 AUD.

At the time where I wore this, I was the shade beige in Bobbi Brown foundation and purchased DWL in intensity 2. Despite the very limited shade range, intensity 2 seemed to be a very good match. I mostly need coverage on my nose and cheeks so the colour match meant that I could wear this in selected areas on my face and it would blend in well. Even though the SPF is low, I found that this foundation does give a bit of flashback. Not totally ghost-face but still noticeably lighter. I didn't mind too much if I put this all over my face but since I don't normally do that, I noticed after taking photos that my nose and cheeks were lighter than the rest of my face, so just be careful of that!

I suspect there's no added fragrance, it just smells like any other foundation, like that slight paint smell? Nothing offensive about it though. I like the packaging because it comes in a tube. So it's extremely easy and convenient to travel with as well as being hygienic. The foundation itself is slightly runny.

The coverage is about medium. It blurs my acne marks but concealer is still needed to completely cover them. I have visible pores on my nose and DWL smoothed over them nicely. I would say that it has a semi-matte finish. It looks natural and not mask-like so it works well as a daytime foundation.

The lasting power is good too. I have oily skin and if I'm not wearing any makeup, I'll probably have to blot after about 2-3 hrs. When I wore this, it would be about 5 hrs before I'd need to blot. If I used a tissue then I'd notice some foundation transferring but the coverage was still there. So it's good because even after several blots, the foundation wouldn't fade. It also didn't settle into pores. In fact, I reckon this foundation looked better after some oil came through and I had to do the first blot cos the foundation seemed to have settled nicely and not look as flat (this is due to me powdering, thank you oily skin..). Since DWL stays on pretty well, I needed to be sure I removed every little bit of it before going to bed.

Now here comes the downside which is the sole reason as to why I won't be repurchasing this foundation nor will I wear it again. Unfortunately, it breaks my skin out and clogs my pores!! I didn't actually put it together until months and months of wearing it because I'm used to getting new breakouts almost every week so even after wearing DWL for about three consecutive days a week for several months, I thought it was just the way my skin was. I had some active breakouts and my cheeks were bumpy from being clogged, but once again that's nothing new to me. Over the holidays where I didn't go to uni and therefore didn't feel like I needed foundation to cover up, I got used to not wearing anything. I didn't realise my skin was actually improving and that I wasn't breaking out that much anymore.

As a result, I didn't really need to wear foundation and just stuck to concealer to cover up spots and acne marks. One day I was going out and decided to wear DWL for the first time in months. After a day of wearing it then properly removing my makeup and going to bed, I woke up the next day with a couple under the skin bumps on my chin/cheeks. At the back of my mind, I thought it could be DWL but thought nahhh it's never broken me out before.. But I also noticed that my cheeks were bumpier than usual. A few weeks later I wore this foundation again and woke up to some more new red bumps.

Alas, I've finally concluded that despite this foundation looking great and lasting well, it's just not the best foundation for my annoyingly finicky skin. If you've got oily skin and want a medium coverage foundation, I would recommend giving this a try! However, if you're quite acne-prone and clog-prone like me, just be weary about this. My forehead which is one of the oilier parts of my face, is also the least acne-prone. I don't think I ever broke out on my forehead whilst wearing DWL.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tiftif

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first time using a foundation from Estee Lauder. I was surprised at the minimal colour selection and the range of the colours. I'm really pale and I find that even the lightest one, Intensity 1.0, is really dark and has an orange tone.
That being said, I like the finish--it looks natural, however, after an hour or so, I find that it starts to look greasy especially around the t-zone (but it's nothing oil blotting paper can't solve). It stays on nicely and lasts for a substantial amount of time.
Although I like this foundation, I would not buy it again unless they introduce a lighter tone. It's not worth paying this much for a colour that does not suit me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by cristinezhang

Got this baby just today and tried it on my "still-angry face" (got it from allergy and worsened by BeneFit Hello Flawless Foundation) on the right part, on the left side i tried putting on MUFE Face and Body Foundation to compare these both stuffs.

It contains SPF! Great for an outing under the sun :D The thing is, foundations with spf tend to leave face feeling sticky even though it's liquid and it happens to this foundation. It's not that I hate it, just saying. It's got medium coverage, seems to be buildable and I haven't noticed any scent which is comfortable with my nose. Doesn't break me out, yet. I will update the review if I ever found something wrong with this product :D which I hope not.

This one comes with a squeeze-tube packaging, which I don't prefer cus it tends to make the product burst out everytime I open it, probably it's also due to the liquid texture. I don't really mind it. Gave the packaging a 4-stars, you know my problem.

Probably will repurchase it if my still-in-a-waiting candydoll makeup base and foundation don't work good with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I find this foundation to be more of a tinted moisturizer type product, minus the moisture. The coverage is VERY light, in fact, barely noticeable, so I always need to use a concealer with it. I have it in the lightest shade and it is still too dark for me, but because the coverage is so incredibly sheer it doesn't really matter. It dries very quickly so you have to be sure to blend it right away. The finish is nice; satiny, almost matte. This can cling to dry patches. I'm glad I got this as a gift, because I would definitely not spend the money to buy it myself. It's not a terrible product, just not what I like, ideally.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my go-to foundation when I needed really good coverage. It really does that well. It's also the right amount of mattifying for my combo skin. It's got silica in it, which soaks up some oil for you.

My biggest problem with it was the color match. I have the lightest (1.0) shade but it's still too dark for my skin.

This gets a 4/10 for health on goodguide.com, and I'm on the prowl for a foundation to better suit my current needs: color match, better ingredients, lighter coverage.