October 24, 2014 | 1844 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bluetv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these brushes. They are very soft and never poke my eyes or anything (especially the eyeliner brush, which is very versatile). I love the eyeshadow brush especially because it is the perfect shape for my eyes. I would definitely buy these again! I also love how they look with the bamboo/wooden looking handles.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i ordered this and the bronzer brush from Drugstore.com and i wanted to order other stuff what is not availible in Finland, but the shipping was so damn expensive, so i ended up ordering just these... but the box came today, yaaay! im really impressed with this brush set. very good quality. the blush brush is perfect size for my cheeks and it applyes blush, bronzer and highlighter very well. it works well for contouring too. i didnt have already a concealer brush, so i was pretty excited about it.. it picks up the concealer well and blends it away like a dream :) the eyeshadow brush is a good bacis brush. picks up the color well and it works okay on the crease with a bit of help of your fingers. i love the eyeliner brush! its great for powder/gel/cream liner and perfect for my brows + the lash/brow brush buffs the color to my brows and makes my lashes very seperated. very good set, check it out if its availible on your country. oh, almost forgot.. it comes with a really handy brush bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by BuddyBuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cheap AND environmentally friendly? LOVE. I'm a total tree hugger-big on recycling and sustainable anything! The brushes are super soft and they do what any expensive brush can do. I bought the set for less than a single brush at Bare Essentials. The little angled brush is my absolute favorite. Perfect for eyebrows, eyeliners and defining my crease. I bought two sets-one for home, one for my make up kit. And I had to buy another one that came with a cute carrying case-the best part was that I could afford it. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

I purchased this brush set from WalMart after seeing several great reviews on them here. The flat eye ones i use for concealer/ packing on color and the i really like the powder brush. The softness and durability of this set is amazing and the price is great. I would recommend this for starters and use as travel brushes so you dont have to haul the higher end ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by paintsmeblue

Best drugstore brushes by far! My first brushes were from Ecotools because they are cheap and good quality! I would recommend these brushes to anyone. They don't shed and they are super soft. Love them!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I bought the angled eye liner brush by itself - wonderful brush for gel liner! Guess I'll buy the kit next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ecotools brushes are the best drugstore brushes in my opinion. They are super inexpensive, very affordable for those of us on a budget and they work extremely well. They are easy to wash and don't fall apart on you. The travel size set is perfect for smaller hands and easy to pack in your purse. Ecotools brushes are a staple in my makeup case. No regrets!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had these brushes for about a year and a half now and I can honestly say that I love them. Mine came in the little brush roll, which I love for travel purposes. These are the softest brushes for their price! My favorite is the powder brush because of how baby smooth it feels. I have washed these several times, and I have not experienced any shedding until more recently. The shedding, however, is very minimal. I can see these brushes lasting for a few more years and then I will probably just buy a replacement set.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had my 5 piece Ecotools set for 2 years. I like the powder brush and slanted eyeliner brush. However, the eyeshadow brush is by far not my favorite. Unless the e/s is very well pigmented and soft it just doesn't pick up enough product. Also, it goes on streaky. I decided to splurge on some crease and e/s brushes purchasing a Chanel, Laura Mercier and a Mac.

The difference is incredible. E/S's I couldn't apply at all with the Ecotools brush are applied effortlessly with the other higher end brushes.

For the price, when my daughters get older I would definitely purchase an Ecotools set and throw in another brand like Elf's e/s and liner which is better in terms of application.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by gardengrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love these and the whole Ecotools brush line. I have two sets so that I can rotate as I clean them. They don't take that long to dry, but it's nice not to have to time my brush washing against my next make-up application, and they are inexpensive enough to make two sets a reasonable luxury. They don't shed, and I've had no issues with cleaning them. I do wipe each of my eye makeup brushes with a damp washcloth after each use. I like the bamboo handles and recycled aluminum ferules as they coordinate well with my Aveda Environmetals compact.

* Powder brush: soft, good and round. Couple of pats on the blush, sweep it on the apples of my cheeks, natural, healthy glow.

* Concealer brush: I use to apply my light eyeshadow base color across my whole eye area. Efficient application.

* Shadow brush: I use it to apply color to my lid. It holds the shadow and doesn't scatter or drop any on the way to my eye even when I've really loaded it up. This is a vast improvement over the Body Shop synthetic shadow brush that I used to use.

* Angle brush: I've used it wet to apply dark shadow as a liner, but I've found that I prefer a shorter brush for tight lining. (I found an Ecotools eyebrow kit at Ross and the angled brush in that is the perfect length.) I've toyed with the idea of sticking the handle in a pencil sharpener to shorten it, but that would probably throw off the balance.

* Brow brush/lash comb: Don't wear mascara and I prefer the spoolie brush that came with my eyebrow kit for my brows.

* Brush roll: I use for traveling some, but I have more than five brushes so it's not ideal. I like the fabric, but it is light and picks up stains.

* Packaging: Grr. Vinyl and fabric. Totally un-recyclable. The manufacturer suggests reusing it for travel but a tall, non- watertight zip top bag is not that useful. I have old brushes that I don't use stored in one, but I'd rather this had come in a paperboard package to recycle or a watertight, PET bag to reuse.