January 31, 2015 | 2091 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A nice light lotion that removes makeup, even takes off eye makeup without irritation. Leaves skin clean and soft and didn't break me out (I usually avoid lotions like the plague as they always break me out!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by princess194

i luv this product i use it every night, it cleanses throughly w/out drying my skin removing makeup and impurites..i find the best way to use it is 1 pump in my hand which i then warm in my palms applying to my face (making sure i dont rub just applying from centre outwards)i leave it on for 30 seconds then i remove it w/a warm soft flannel, then a splash of cool water. If im wearing makeup i do this twice the first time to remove the makeup the second to remove dirt/impurities. also i find if i use more than one pump at a time it clogs my pores...and make sure u remove it properly w/a flannel and not just water cuz that will also clog your pores!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in order to remove my make up before using the cleansing cream. So far I LOVE IT. The smell makes me feel relaxed, it leaves my skin feeling supple. I have oily skin..
UPDATE....This line broke me out really badly...rashes...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

I love this line, but this cleanser just wasn't for me. I love the scent and the texture, and after washing my face, my skin felt perfect and residue-free. But within about 3 hours, a thick, shiny, slippery layer of oil appeared all over my face. Nothing to be done - I even tried using their toner with it, but no luck. Probably best for drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a trial kit that included this, the cleansing cream, a toner and three moisturizers. I was reluctant to try this, since I wear Alima's mineral foundation and nothing but oil takes it off completely (in my experience, anyway). Well, I wet my face, applied this cleansing cream, smoothed it over my face and neck and massaged very, very gently for a minute or so, then wiped it off with a cellulose sponge. My face looked pale and rested. I have lots of broken capillaries and quite a few breakouts from time to time, so my immediate reaction was: "There, I told you so. The minerals are still there." So I took a tissue to see exactly how much of the minerals were left and to my huge surprise they were all gone, the tissue had NO makeup stain. I was stunned. I took a warm shower and came out, not tomato red but slightly rosy only. I don't know how all this is possible. I will update should anything change, but to me it seems I've found my HG cleanser. I'm doing my skincare routine according to Dr. H now, meaning no night cream, only toner, and the rose cream in the morning. The first two nights my skin felt tight before going to bed and I was sure I'd see a red, dry face in the morning, since my skin is combo/dry and more on the dry side in the colder months. I was sure I'd flare up, but on the contrary my broken capillaries are much less visible and my skin is softer now than it was before I started this routine. Incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a swap so I can't complain about the price since I really didn't pay anything for it. I would say for more of a luxury/specialty brand it is comprably priced to other brands' cleansing milks.

I do like the texture of it. Some cleansing milks I feel are too thin (i.e. Phytomer cleansing milk) and I like how this is heavier weighted. So it does a great job to remove makeup and getting it around my eye area and even scrubbing my eye makeup off with it was not a problem at all.

If I didn't already have a couple dozen cleansers waiting in queue to be used, I would buy this again. I have used cleansing milks from other brands and I find this one to be a superior one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by cutter333

I love this cleanser. It's gentle, non-drying and seems to do a good job cleaning my skin. However, I hate the packaging. While the glass bottle is beautiful it is a major PIA to get the last inch or so of product out of the bottle. Still I keep buying this and love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mainefarmgirl

My favorite and only cleanser. I tried this product (along with their Moisturizing Day Cream) about eight years ago when my skin was oilier and was not impressed, but now, at 49, I would use no other cleanser. It goes on silky smooth, and I LOVE the fragrance. It leaves my skin smooth and velvety, is not at all irritating, and has really helped to balance my mature combination skin. I get compliments all the time on my complexion and I don't wear foundation. The fact that it is made of natural plant products and contains no harmful chemicals is very important to me. While I know that a glass bottle is better for the environment, I was very disappointed when I once dropped a brand new bottle of this stuff on a tile floor and it broke. This cleanser isn't cheap, and I was horribly upset to lose a nearly full bottle of this magic stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by damblues

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I said yes on buying again but it is really a maybe. I got a sample kit from Dr. H to try. Two cleansers (cream and milk), a toner, 3 moisturizing creams (gentle, rose and quince).

After trying and not liking the cleansing cream, I have moved on to the cleansing milk. I like this much better. It smells great and cleanses well but I pre cleaned my eye makeup with my DHC Whip Oil - not sure how it does on eye makeup. It felt nice, rinsed clean and left a soft feeling face but I felt like I needed some moisturizer. This goes against what they say you should do on their program. They want you to moisturize in the am not pm. But I felt I needed it. I did once side with squalane and the other side with the quince day cream. Woke up feeling fine - with no discernible difference between either side. Did the same routine tonight - will see about tomorrow. I like this milk just fine - just not sure if it is the HG cleanser.

Do like the Quince Day Cream.

Not crazy about the toner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't LOVE this product, but i do like it. I like the smell (orange flower) and the bottle (fits in my cupboard). It removes my makeup nicely without me having to use a toner. It isn't as hydrating as I would like though. But I might buy it again.