November 28, 2014 | 1755 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this towel!
I asked for this for Christmas as I really didn't want to pay upwards of 7 for a glorified flannel. Now, I'm hooked and will undoubtedly repurchase because of how great this towel is.

I found out about this towel, on MUA, by accident and was immediately interested after all the positive reviews. I am quite lucky to have soft skin without moisturising but this towel sounded amazing, so I had to try it.

The quality is very good, it is a nylon/polyester blend and seems very durable. I have used it a few times now and it hasn't frayed/ripped etc.
It also dries out quickly which I think is a bonus as it's not sitting there, all soggy and germy.

I squish this up like a pouf and put a little shower gel on (a little goes a long way with this towel!), then start scrubbing. I used to use a shower pouf and I had to put shower gel on it a few times but this stays foamy the whole time.
When I first used the towel, it did seem very harsh but I actually like how extremely clean it makes me feel. Saying that, I wouldn't use this on my face; it's too hard-wearing and I know my face would flare up.

Another unexpected bonus of the towel is that where it is very exfoliating, it has made me moisturise more. As I said before, I rarely used to moisturise and I would try to make sure I moisturised after a shower but I'd always forget. The super-clean feeling I get after using this towel always makes me reach for the moisturiser after the shower, which I like!

This towel hasn't irritated my skin or made it super-dry, it has actually made my skin softer and got rid of lots of blemishes that I had on my back.

When this towel eventually falls apart, I'll definitely repurchase. Fingers crossed, I find somewhere cheap to buy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I much prefer the bath mittens you can get from Target/CVS/etc because I have more control and pressure. I feel the mittens give me a much better exfoliation and cleanse than the Salux does. I am, however, Korean-American and grew up taking baths with "italy towels" which is the Korean hardcore version of the Japanese Salux so that may explain why I find the Salux's exfoliating power so measly. But the Salux does lather up really well so if you're looking to get the highest lather possible for the smallest amount of soap/body wash, the Salux is your man/washcloth.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by sw3etpinay

This towel is amazing!
After many months of using this, I've decided to review this wonderful towel.
What I love the most about it is that it doesn't leave any gross residue. It completely dries up with no funky smells whatsoever.
I use this to exfoliate my armpits after I shave them, so I don't feel that itchy sensation.
ALSO, this is AMAZING for exfoliating my lips! I just add some hot water to the towel and then I rub my icky chapped lips, after a few seconds my lips are so freaking soft. I'm not longer doing that honey sugar whatever scrub lol.
I gave this a 4 out of 5 because I have yet to figure out how to make my legs really soft, I have red dots (idk the name).
I do feel really clean using this though, love the Salux Bath Towel!

****UPDATE AS OF 10/31/2013 - After continuing to use this almost daily (or whenever I showered) and applying a lot of moisturizer on my legs...the red dots are now gone [:.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by terrenity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said - this is fantastic for exfoliating and scrubbing all over. I wad it up like a pouf, add soap, and massage it around until it gets foamy. Then I use it wadded up on my arms and legs before un-wadding to get my back. It's sooo satisfying when you have dry, itchy skin! It rinses clean easily and dries quickly, so you don't get any nasties living in it. I've used mine twice a week for over a year now. It's got a few snags but it still works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jazz1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best body exfoliator out there. It's pure simplicity is genius. My husband was reluctant to try it. Finally about 3 months later, he called me while he was on the way to work. He called me raving about how incredible his body felt. He said he was tingling (in a good way) and he loved it! We keep them packed in our suitcases too.

Without a doubt, the Salux Towel is the biggest hit. They always want more. I buy from the Salux website to get the real deal. They ship quickly and email you every step of the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by DramaticEyez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These bath towels are AMAZING. I have KP and I use this product twice a week. My skin feels unbelievably soft. You can't beat the price either. I picked mine up at Ulta for like $5.00!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

I do not understand why this is so popular. I do not mind a more abrasive scrub, so that is not why i disliked it. This is just meh for me. I am Middle Eastern though and have used Moroccan mits a lot though so maybe thats why this wasn't so impressive for me?! The Salux towel lathers well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by divergurlly808

I was born and raised in Hawaii and I can remember using this bath towel from when I younger. I take it with me whenever we go on trips. I just cant see using anything else. Its also great cause you can actually wash your back with ease. They last very long. There are other ones similar out there on the market and with the Japanese writing and lady, however dont be fooled it is NOT the same. Unless, you find that this wash rag is a little too abrasive then maybe the "copycats" are for you. Since moving away I have made sure to request this whenever any of my family member ask what I would like sent from back home. Hope this helps you make your decision. Aloha! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

Thank you MUA for letting me know about these towels! They are exactly what I was looking for. Your skin becomes baby soft with continued use and they are long so you can easily scrub your back; they also dry very quickly so no funky smell like a wet washcloth. I get mine at the Daiso japanese dollar store in San Francisco's Japantown for 1.50$ each. Daiso also sells them online in packs of 10 - http://www.daisojapan.com/c-248-body-washing.aspx

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by scandalous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE my Salux cloth however they do need replacing every 6 months or so. I've had one for 6 months now and it's not as scrubby as when I first got it. Its very comfortable on my face now, so I would recommend using the older cloths on the face (maybe cut in thirds?) and get a newer one for the body every 6 months or so.

I plan to cut mine in thirds and use to wash my face at the sink and take one to the gym in my gym bag. No need to toss!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No