December 22, 2014 | 1590 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by NARSgirl4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have used this for four years and never looked for anything else once. it's great. for two years i wore it by it's self, no concealer or foundation because it has such great coverage. but recently i started to wear it with concealer or foundation and it works just as great. you get a lot of product so it lasts a while, but in the day time i always have to touch it up around lunch but when i use concealer it lasts through out the day. i reccomend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by laceyrose17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my problem with this was that my expectations were too high. It looked nice when the sweet little Clinique lady tested it out on my face, but after that initial YAY I JUST GOT A NEW POWDER feeling wore off I could see it just wasn't for me. I live in a hot area, and it just won't stay on. I have to use so much of it that I hit pan within the month, and I just can't afford to repurchase it every month. Not the worst product, but definitely not the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by msmoneypenny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the great reviews and at first I was pretty happy with it. I have light to medium skin with neutral undertones, so I got the shade light which was a good match for me. I have combination skin that's quite dry during the winter with an oily t-zone. I wore this to set my foundation in the winter and I really liked the overall finish it gave, although I did need to blot every few hours. Coverage was light and very natural, but this can be layered for more coverage. In the summer this just can't handle the oiliness on my skin at all. I get shiny after half an hour and by midday it's a freaking oily mess, really horrible.
Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

I have a well curated wardrobe of foundations for different occasions, looks and seasons. This is perfect for hot, humid days evening out my skin tone but not heavy at all. I also use it for weekends or easy evenings on the patio. It doesn't look like I have anything on my skin. My shade is fair neutral which is a perfect match too. This also makes my blushes read very nicely because it is neutral. Foundations these days are getting too yellow and companies are forgetting how to make neutral. Following MAC, they put you in either a warm or cool category when a lot of us are neutral. It makes a tremendous difference to you overall look when you match up to a neutral foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is only one good thing I can say about this product and that is I'm glad I didn't shell out money for it.

A couple of girls at work raved about it so I stopped by a Clinique counter on the way home and asked if they could apply this on me so I could test run it.

It looked ok at the counter, although they could not match my skin as well as I would like. The colours do not apply the same as they appear in the pan. The counter girl applied light on me which appeared quite yellow, but came out lighter and more pink on my skin. I told the girl I would see how it wore and maybe come back if I was happy with the result.

I won't be back.

No one with vaguely oily skin can wear this, it does not absorb oil at all and by the time I got home (less than an hour after application) I had an awful grease slick over my t zone. Since it's mid winter now, and my skin is at it least oiliest, there is no way this will have a chance in the middle of summer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My feelings on this foundation are really mixed. I like it in the respect that it looks nice when I first put it on, covers pretty good and doesn't irritate my skin or make my skin look too dry. But the staying power of it is very poor. After a while, I look like I didn't put any makeup on. If it's a day that is not too hot or humid it will hold up for about 4 hours. On a day like yesterday, a humid scorcher, it disappears even more quickly. I look like a shiny, oily mess with no foundation on. I won't buy it again. Maybelline Pure Stay powder foundation looks fresh and polished much, much longer, at a much smaller price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I have it in Neutral Fair, and it matches my light skin perfectly! I wear this very sparingly over my Lancome Teint Miracle liquid foundation as I love how it gives me a polished finish. I like that it gives a tad more coverage to my foundation without being cakey and masky...in my opinion this powder is perfect as a setting/touch-up powder, but only if used sparingly. I have found that I prefer to put it on with a big fluffy powder brush, as it helps it to go on more smoothly. I will use this powder alone sometimes if I am not wanting to wear much makeup, but prefer it over a foundation because it does not give the coverage that I prefer if worn alone. All in all, a very good quality powder that works great over a foundation as well as alone. I have combo/oily skin and have not had any issues with breakouts from this. A great product, in my opinion!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Almost Powder is almost perfect. I really liked this powder at first because it seemed to give me good coverage and lasted through most of the day. What I didn't like was that I went through it very quickly. I only used a powder brush to apply, but in about 4 months I needed another one. I realized that it only contains .35 oz of product. Years ago I used Lancome's Dual Finish, and I loved it, but I thought it was too expensive. I revisited the Dual Finish and yes, it is more expensive, but it contains .67 oz of product, so the Lancome is actually cheaper and offers better coverage.

Alll in all, this is a decent powder foundation, but I won't be repurchasing anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by savy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on rave reviews here. This broke me out pretty bad. I must have really sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading lots of good reviews I wanted to try this makeup because I’m always on the quest for the perfect powder makeup. I have bought this in Neutral Fair and I have to say that it matches my skin tone perfectly. So good, that when I apply it I can’t see the difference between my skin and the powder. The only thing I see it that my skin becomes even, bright and flawless. The first result is slightly matt and “powdery”, which I really like especially in the t-zone, but after a while, as soon it starts to melt with my skin, it becomes almost dewy like with a liquid make up.

The coverage is light-medium but buildable, depending on how much you apply. The first time I made the mistake to apply lots of the powder with a big brush at once. The result was cakey and it started to itch around my nose. Then I learned to apply it like mineral makeup, starting with few amounts using a kabuki brush and adding some more where more coverage was needed. The secret for a natural look is: use less and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND. It has to really melt on or in your skin. I use circular movements like old fashioned shaving brushing (I remember my father doing that :-).

It is not long lasting and I need to blot my nose after some hours. If I want the flawless look back, I just sweep a bit with the tiny brush on my t-zone. It doesn’t oxidize and doesn’t change colour. I have used it on long haul flights of over 30 hours and so far it was the only makeup that always looked impeccable and was extremely easy to remove and to apply again wherever I was.

I have also to say that I love the new compact as it is really small and handy so that I can carry it with me and use it whenever I want. Also the tiny brush inside is very good for touch ups or for the final powder finish. Only for the full makeup effect I would recommend a kabuki brush.

It is also a good base for eye’s makeup making it long lasting. Only thing is that the blush I used to use doesn’t show off or disappears quickly on this makeup and I have to reapply it often or to use a stronger colour. But the effect is always very natural.

UPDATE: I have seen that this is not so long lasting and I have to apply tons of it in order to last. I still love the flawless finish but is it better over a liquid foundation.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No