October 2, 2014 | 992 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works great on me. I particularly like the fact that it seems to either absorb or act as a barrier to the oil that always tends to break through on my nose after 2-3 hours.

My only complaint is that I think Rimmel either needs to offer a colorless version of this product or a lighter shade than 01, which I bought. My skin is in the 15 range so 01 is reallytoo dark on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by eyeshadowforall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My warning: I'm ALLERGIC to this!!! I'm REALLY ticked off cause this was expensive! if you have sensitive skin, invest in something using natural ingredients instead of wasting $12 on this thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know that the apricot colour is scary but all it does is brighten ur skin a bit. No pink face, I promise. As far as staying power goes, this helps my face stay matte for 6+ hours. Doesn't feel rubbery or slippery when I put it on either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I have combination/dry skin, and I put this product to the ultimate test when I wore it under my foundation for prom. It was about 80 degrees in the building and with dancing, EVERYONE was sweating, oily, and shiny. My face stayed matte the entire night, and I did not reapply anything and I did not have on a lot of powder. This product is wonderful. I highly recommend it if you have my type of skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by bethy999

I've never been a big fan of dropping a ton of cash on a tiny bottle of makeup, no matter how great it is. I recently discovered primer and decided to give it a try for myself (but didn't want to pay a ton of money). My husband and I are currently stationed overseas so we don't have a huge selection, and I'm so fair skinned so when I found this (in white) I was a little worried. But it's more like a white lotion than white theater makeup (what I was expecting lol) and it makes my foundation SO much smoother and hides all the blemishes. Now I just feel like I've been missing out for the past few years lol. LOVE this, and it smells awesome too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first primer that I ever tried and at first I wasn't too fond of it. I didn't like that it was orange in color and I really didn't like the consistency of it.

I recently tried this primer again, and I have to say that compared to the other more expensive primers I've tried, it's not all that bad! The orange color disappears into your skin and doesn't affect the color of your foundation. It's easy to smooth and blend into the skin (unlike L'Oreal Skin Perfecting Base), it prolongs the wear of my foundation, and really does make my foundation look smoother.

Overall, I think it's a good product for the price. Would I buy it again? I probably will not for a while since I like to try new products all the time, but I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive primer that works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is just okay. I believe this was the first primer I ever tried, so at first I really liked it. It smoothed my skin and seemed to make my foundation last longer. However, once I tried a couple of other primers (Smashbox & Too Faced) I realized how much the Rimmel was was lacking.

I do still keep it around just incase I run out of my other primers, or sometimes I use it in a travel makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by alirocker08

So I bought this when I was planning on buying another bottle of MUA foundation primer, and me being me, I bought it under the logic of more expensive= better product.

Well. Stupid me eh?

I've used it for four days now, and I am highly disappointed. It claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify, and protect. The only thing I've really noticed is the mattify, because it drains all of the oil out of my skin where it doesn't need draining, especially under the eyes, whilst leaving my t-zone oily as ever. And after using this product under my foundation, I realised that I had fine lines in my forehead, it made my foundation sink in like hell!

Long story short, if you're looking for a primer, try Make Up Academy's primer. It's only £4 and works a lot better than this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Ninergal91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The orange shade of this product did NOT turn transparent. The smell was a turnoff for me. Found the Fix and Perfect Pro which IS transparent and better for me. I rate it a 4 as I still have oily breakthrough. Better than without, however.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by ASHFLA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had heard A LOT about primers, so i just HAD to see what the craze was about!

primers claimed to do a lot of things- minimise pores, soften skin, cover blemishes, even out skin tone...so naturally i thought it might be a marketing scam!

i hadn't had much time to research primers and the only one i had heard of was Rimmel Fix & Perfect. I tested it on my hand in the store and after a minute my hand was as soft as a babies bottom!! i could NOT believe it! I then decided primers must be amazing, not a marketing scam so i was itching to buy one! i ended up just buying this one as when i tested out a few others in the same way(covergirl/olay, australis, neutrogena) this one worked out the best.

This primer DOES do all the things it claims to, although I was somewhat disappointed, as it didn't soften my face as much as it did to my hand. (I actually found out a week later that you are meant to PAT primers in, not RUB it did start to work a LITTLE better after that, but still not as good.)

i would definietely reccomend this primer, but i am sure there are better ones out there! i just hadn't done enough research!