August 29, 2014 | 1762 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by marchflower34

This is a great product but for my fine brittle lashes it dries them out unfortunately :( I use this for special occasions when I need something to last a long time without any worries about touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by JackieOoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

a friend of mine gave me a sample size of this mascara...and frankly this is best mascara i have ever used!!!it is way better than DiorShow.i applyied this first thing in the morning,with one coat i've already had dramatic lashes,and i went to school,when i returned i went straight to bed,and when i woke up the mascara was still there with zero smudging!!!and the funny thing is that you can remove it very easy....your eyes won't hurt from rubbing......5 lippies from me....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by deceptacon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this mascara! It lengthens like nothing else, making me look like I'm wearing falsies. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge. I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is, together with Clinique Power Lash, my favourite mascara. The good thing in comparison is that this delivers lots of length and volume making my lashes almost unnatural. The not so good thing is that it is not extremely longwearing like Power Lash, that means that when some days my eyes tears or if I cry or swim, this will dissolve much easier (but without smudging, just crumbling off). Otherwise it is also easier to wash off and this is really good as I am always a bit lazy when it comes to remove my makeup. All in all I love it and I will keep repurchasing it and alternate it to Power lash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have no problem saying this is a total HG product for me. This came as a GWP product special packaged as a double ended tube, one side is this mascara, the other is the lash primer plus. I use them both together and the results are AMAZING!!! The length it gives is incredible, also it gives great volume too, it's similar to lancome definicils, which is another awesome mascara, I love them both because they both give me long thick falsies-like lashes, but there's pros and cons in both. The major feature of this mascara is its formula, it NEVER smudges, nor does it flake, even on my hooded monolids, i can always count on this for those days when i have night classes/labs or when i know i'm gonna be staying up late. The mascara formula is also unique in which its removal is different than your usual mascara where you take if off with eye makeup remover and a cotton pad, this mascara will never come off with eye makeup remover, which adds to the point that it's 100% smudge proof, it comes off with warm water. It's oil-proof, but not waterproof. If you would just splash water to your eyes and then gently rub the mascara off, you can actually feel it coming off with your fingers. I love the fact that I don't need eye makeup remover to take this off, but it could be an extra step if you have to remove your eye shadow and liner with eye makeup remover and then this with water. One thing I have noticed with this mascara is that sometimes some top lash would stick to my bottom lash, which is quite annoying, and it never happens with lancome definicils, so it must be formula of this mascara. Overall, this is a great great great mascara if you want your lashes to stand out and be the focus of your eye makeup, this will give you bold looking lashes with zero smudge. Totally worth the $$

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I received a sample size tube of this with a purchase from E.L. online. I like the dark black, glossy lashes this mascara provides. I have sensitive eyes when I am working. The hospital has a lot of antiseptic and hand sanitizer in the air, as well as cooking odors that drift over from the Grille to my work area, so my eyes tend to water and get red. This mascara doesn't budge and does not irritate my eyes like some tend to do. I like it so much that I would probably buy this sometime when I want to treat myself. However, I'd probably go to the C.O. outlet for this product as I don't have extra bucks to throw away. I do really, really love this product because it does what it says: volumizes, lengthens, and doesn't smudge or rub off until you take it off. It also removes quite easily with a bit of makeup remover and a rinse.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Audrey0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Review of EL double wear smudge free mascara
I got it for free in the Estee Lauder "gift" for spending $$ on something else. So on to the mascara. Yeah, it sucks. I pulled out the wand and there was so much mascara on it - a goopy thick mascara - and I wiped and wiped it off on the rim of the tube but there was still sooooo much on the wand. Annoying.
So I knew it was going to be a slop-fest but I proceeded anyway, (hey- it's free mascara!!) with a dry wand on hand to clean up the tablespoon of mascara I knew was about to be deposited on my poor, unsuspecting eye. So even after wiping off the EL the wand, mascara smeared all over my eyelid when I tried to use it at the root of the lashes, which is a must for me, as I have blond eyelashes. Because the process was so messy, it got on my upper water line and in my eye and it burned. My husband was laughing at me.
It smells like paint thinner, BTW. Great Lash by Maybelline does not burn when I have accidents with it. Neither does lash finder. See, I have to get right to the root, wiggle, and pull up to cover the blond roots without a hot wet mess in there. I think this wand is not working for that technique.
But think about it, if paint thinner is the best smell that they could come up with, with all of the scents that they probably used to try to cover up the more than likely worse smell underneath the paint thinner smell, then WHAT is that stuff made of? I know, conjecture.
Still, it was free, so I've lost nothing out of my pocket. I think I will experiment with it some more and in combination with other mascaras. But I will definitely not put it near the roots of my lashes. I will leave that to a better wand/ formula. I speculate that it will still be useful in some fashion or another.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by np_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara. It gives some volume and it really does make your lashes appear longer. Good staying power, although after a while this makes my lashes clump together and that is not a pretty look at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Greenidgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a free gift for buying so much Estee product. I liked how it made my lashes look but I wasn't crazy about how they felt. It left them stiff and "crunchy". I found that I kept fooling with my lashes with this stuff on. I will not buy it but won't turn it away if it comes with another free gift.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reluctant to give this mascara a four or a three, because I firmly think this deserves a rating of 3.5. I have never used a mascara as infuriating as this one, because whilst it is perfect beyond belief on my bottom lashes, it has an annoying way of making my upper lashes look thin and spindly. It clumps them together - not making them 'clumpy' as such, but sticking them into long and black spiders' legs. Coupled with the fact this mascara is as black as black could be, it isn't an altogether unattractive look; but it's not perfect. One wants lashes to be lush and thick as well as long. On the bottom lashes, it really lengthens, for the wide-eyed doll look.

Removal is harder than with many other mascaras. Rather than melting off with cleanser, this sheds fibre flakes, and not incredibly easily. You need a good make-up remover.

On the plus side, and the reason I may repurchase, it doesn't smudge, it lasts for hours, and doesn't irritate.