Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.9

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 6/19/2011 4:25:00 PM

I love this mascara because my eyelashes will often touch up near my eyebrows and if it is hot or if I am a little sweaty, they will leave smudges near my eyebrows and this mascara doesn't do it! It also makes my eyelashes thick and long in one swoop whereas other mascaras I have to work it for awhile. My only complaint is that if I do a 3rd coat, my eyelashes can become a little clumpy, but I usually don't need to do that.

on 6/13/2011 4:42:00 PM

I am truly amazed that this mascara doesn't smudge on me at all. I've always worn waterproof mascara because non-wp smudges on me. Actually, even most wp ones do too, with the exception of Anna Sui Super mascara and Cover Girl Marathon mascara (discontinued). I got this EL mascara as part of a gift-with-purchase and thought I'd try it on the weekend instead of on a work day in case I ended up with racoon eyes. Not only did it last all day but it also lasted through a couple cat-naps on the couch without a smudge or flake. It also lasts through sweaty workouts. One con for me is that I would prefer that it thickened instead of lengthened.

on 6/5/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I gave this mascara 2 lippies. I really liked this mascara at first, when I first applied it. It really does lengthen my lashes, but this mascara doesn't last long at all! After an hour or so I get little black pieces of mascara all under my eyes. It gets dry and starts chipping off. o_o Thats the best way I can describe it. I definitely will not be repurchasing this mascara again!

on 6/4/2011 1:40:00 PM

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! Here is why:

It is very lengthening but separates lashes so that they aren't clumpy, but don't look spidery either. It also adds volume! Doesn't flake and curls my lashes upwards - no eyelash curler needed. Looks like lash extensions or false lashes. Great mascara, I will be repurchasing.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is by far my favorite mascara in the entire Estee Lauder line. I work as an SA/MA for both Lauder and Clinique (my store is a smaller door) and this is THE BEST mascara! It does not smudge, flake or smear!! It does leave the lashes slightly stiffer than some mascaras, but it is a small price to pay for something that does not come off until I take it off. I've noticed as I have *ahem*matured*ahem* that mascaras seem to smudge easier and I have tried several lately, both Deparment store and Drug store. This is the only one I have found that really stays put for me.

Now, I have read a few reviews of this about the removal, I don't know where some reviewers got the idea that this is warm water removal only. IT IS NOT! I have had success in removing this with any number of Eye MU removers. It was never marketed as a warm water removal method mascara either.

This is pricer, coming in @ $22-$23 a tube, but for the wearability of the product, it is well worth it. I will state, though, as an SA, I get this for free by having gratis. But since I can get any Clinique or Estee Lauder mascara I want, this is the one I choose.

on 5/27/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I never strayed from my beloved Lancome Hypnose and Definicils Mascaras until now. I have extremely sensitive eyes and for the past 25 years I also wore contacts so finding non-irritating eye makeup and especially a good mascara which also is easy to remove has been a struggle. Even Clinique mascaras irritate my eyes but both Lancome mascaras never bothered my eyes.
6 weeks ago I got Lasik eye surgery after battling with chronically inflamed eyes for nearly 7 months. It turned out I developed an intolerancy for contacts so I would have never been able to wear contacts again. The procedure went well but I needed to find a water-resistant mascara because I have to use artificial tears for the next few months. Regular waterproof mascaras are difficult to remove and when I read about this EL Mascara (it's a Paula's Pick) I decided to try a sample size tube of it.
So far I like this mascara! It does a good job lengthening and thickening my short, sparse lashes and it doesn't irritate my eyes. The small brush works really well in reaching even the tiniest lashes. No flaking, no smudging, holds well and best of all it's a breeze to remove. It comes off easily by wetting a washcloth (I use a baby muslin cloth) with very warm water, pressing it gently to your eyes for about 20 seconds, and then wipe off. It won't come off using a (waterproof) eye makeup remover or your regular cleanser! Same goes for tubing mascaras and for example Clinique Lash Power Mascara.
After not being able to wear any kind of eye makeup for so many months I'm extremely pleased with this mascara. I even bought a full sized one so now I'm ready to face the world;-) Update: sadly this mascara irritates my eyes after a couple of days wearing it. Back to Lancome mascaras...

on 5/25/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a tube of this in a GWP and it was AWFUL!!! It flaked all day and really irritated my ocular rosacea. Strange part was that at the end of the day when I went to remove it with my Clinique TTDO eyes makeup remover, I could NOT get the stuff off. I then had to use some Mary Kay Creamy Cleanser #2 and a washcloth to remove the rest. My eyes were very irritated by the time I was done. So glad I didn't buy this stuff.

on 4/26/2011 9:06:00 PM

I don't even know if I am talking about the same mascara here as everyone else because this was the worst mascara I have ever tried. It clumps my lashes on contact and did nothing for lengthening or volumizing for that matter. To start, the formula is goopy and the brush does not do it any favors. The product piles onto the brush and transfers onto my lashes with a honey-like consistency. Overall, it just makes my lashes look like a goopy mess and dries them out during the day. I even tried to apply with a light hand and I still get the same clumpy goopy effect. I would not recommend this product to anyone!

on 4/24/2011 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is by far the best mascara I have used for my oily skin/oily eye lids. This stuff does NOT budge until you say so. This lengthens my lashes beautifully and there is no smudging at all. It is a little expensive though and I try to wait until I can get it with a bonus gift. Now, eye makeup remover does not get this mascara off completely. What I do is I use a cotton ball with my makeup remover and after that I use another cotton ball with only warm/hot water on it and it takes the mascara right off. This will continue to be my go to mascara when I need one that will last all day or for a special occasion.

on 4/23/2011 7:45:00 AM

This is the only mascara that I've ever tried which really doesn't smudge! It is also very black and dramatic and volumises well. I have given it 4 stars because it is clumpy and makes my lashes splay out in all directions. I always comb through afterwards but it's still a bit untidy. Otherwise, I will continue to use it just for the staying power.
Edited 7 months later:
I've upgraded to 5 stars. After using it for a month it stopped clumping and went on much more easily. If you wipe the brush before use when it is new it will go on neatly.