December 17, 2014 | 1711 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Bionic Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by fembots

I got this product in one of Sephoras lash sampler packs, and it was my favourite! It made my eyelashes look long and really thick, but NATURAL. I hate the hard separated eyelash look that some mascarsas give (although some girls seem to go for this look... not attractive IMO.) This product didnt smear, which is huge in my books. In the lash sampler pack, I liked it better than mascarsas from Stila, Lorac, Too Faced and Benefit. Only downside is that sometimes when I opened the tube it seemd to gob out... really strange. Maybe it got hot or something? Who knows. Would buy it again though!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sditems

The top part that removes excess mascara when you pull out the wand got stuck to the top on the wand only after 2 weeks of use. This mascara is ok when new, it gives intense dark lashes however it smudges quite a bit and ANY sign of moisture will cause this mascara to run. After about 1 month of use it dried out and the mascara started flaking, so after 1 month it was smudgy and flaky. It was also pretty pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by vampyre

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I'm a smashbox junkie this didn't wow me. It's fine for everyday but I prefer something with more impact. However I have had problems with some mascaras making my lashes brittle, this didn't do that. Looking forward to trying it in violet though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by hollilocks

I was not too pleased with this mascara. For me, the brush was too large and that made it a bit difficult to use. Nothing special to speak of, even a bit clumpy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I would've looked at the reviews before I made this purchase, but I wanted to try something new that wasn't above and beyond $20, and at a solid $19, this was looking pretty attractive. It's not a bad mascara, not really. It does a great job half the time. The other half, however...jeez. It takes major skill to get this to work for me, and I think it has something to do with self control. I love layering on mascara and just watching my lashes thicken and lengthen, but with Bionic, it's one coat and done. Sometimes it's perfect, but if it's not quite how I'd like it, I have to learn to just let it be. Otherwise, with the addition of coats, this stuff gets gross. Clumpy mess!!! Bottom line: if you can make it work for you, it's great. But this is not a low maintenance, fool-proof mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kbogusz112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great mascara. It really gives a lot of volume, separates, thickens, and gives a bit of a curl. My eyes looked huge and really open after using this. My only gripe about this product is that it gets clumpy after about the first week of use - if I'm going to spend $20 on a product I don't want it to get clumpy within a week! But it's nothing an eyelash brush can't fix.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jmluu

It smudged on me within an hour of application. It really did volumize and curl and lengthen well, but it's not worth it if you consistently look like a racoon. I'm so disappointed. And the sephora lady totally recommended it as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not walk away from this product, instead RUN. It is by far the worst mascara I've ever used, not even a lash primer product could make it work. It goes on clumpy, and flakes horribly. Those flakes showed up a few hours later after application. I looked like I had a swarm of those nasty gnats under my eyes and on my cheeks. Smashbox really ought to pull this off the market. It's vile stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This stuff is not worth buying for sure. I probably got a decent first use out of it, nothing spectacular, but by the second day of owning it, it was already a clumped up mess on the brush and on my eyes. I received two samples of this and it happened with both bottles so I don't think it was a bad batch or anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by asomersille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually write reviews, but I have to say, this mascara is terrible! Luckily, it came in a set with some other products that I can actually use (from QVC). I looked in the mirror this afternoon and saw that my face was COVERED in flaky mascara! Yuk!! I have never had a mascara flake like this. Terrible product. I am extremely disappointed because in general I am a smashbox fan.