October 23, 2014 | 905 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by kimlovesdennis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Maybelline Define-A-Brow in dark brown has, unfortunately, been discontinued :( It was my favorite alternative for MAC's brow pencil in Spiked. Per Maybelline, the dark brown tone was not selling enough. It's a shame because there are no dark shades to cater to women of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about 2 months now and I still have quite a bit left. I had black eyebrows so I use the darkest color which is called Dark Brown. This color is alright for me but I wish there was a black because sometimes it's obvious that I am wearing this. I actually like the comb because it's great for travel when I don't want to bring too many items with me. The reason I gave this a 4 is because I don't like that when you take out some product you cant put it back in so you have to be careful when you twist out the product because you can't twist it back in. Other than that I would repurchase this, I just wish that there was a darker color but I can live with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by italianochef

If I remember correctly, I paid less than 8 bucks and i've had this for about two months and I'm lovin' everyday! I don't like that you twist the product out but it makes sense since it is rather soft which makes transferring to skin easy and a light touch is good enough :) I tend to use quite a lot and i'm not filling in that much but i think that has something to do with the softness again.
I use brown and have very dark brown hairs that have pretty much no red and if I put too much 'out of line' it tends to appear a bit reddish brown but when blended well and lightly put on open areas is fine and a great match! Great for quick on the go but be careful anyways and don't be sloppy because it gets dark very fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this and use a color a shade lighter than my hair, Dark Blonde. It's easy to apply, lasts and the packaging is fine to me except for the comb on the end, I don't ever use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I bought the lightest color and while it's okay I think the pencil is a little too thin and hard. In addition it's not such a bargain because you get very little for the price. I found the comb to be pretty useless; I'd much prefer a spoolie. And although the Maybelline taupe color was okay, I found the brown color in the Clinique brow powder to match my hair color better so it sometimes pays to put up with the annoying dept store sales associates.

Overall in my search to find a substitute to what I was using previously (Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil) I found Clinique's brow powder to be the best bargain in my neck of the woods compared to my old love, Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil which was rather expensive and now very hard to find in my area without ordering it. I've been using Clinique's brow powder for over a month without a dent in it and it looks very natural on my brows and it's easy to work with, plus it holds up to heat and humidity.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Jilleane

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, however, they don't give you very much of it. I find I run out of this quickly and always have to have a back up. It does break easily, and I find no use for the comb at the end. I will keep buying it until I find something better that lasts longer for the money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:59:00 AM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyebrow pencil!!! The formula is nice and waxy (not too creamy) and it lasts all day without smudging. The best part is the colors though. Medium brown is the perfect brown for people with medium to dark brown hair. It is an ashy brown that looks very natural and doesn't pull red or orangey. When I have black hair I liked using dark brown as well but that color has been discontinued. I like that the pencil doesn't look overly drawn on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brow pencil. I found the perfect color for my brows in Dark Brown and then they discontinued it! I wish the pencil had a spoolie instead of the little comb, but other than that it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic! I will never go back to brow powders. I bought this after reading the overall great reviews. I have dark brown hair but my eyebrows are naturally pretty thin and get sparse, so I have to fill them in. Since they are thin anyway, I use the taupe/dark blonde (I forget what the name is) and it looked really natural! Easy to use, goes on smooth, and love that it doesn't have to be sharpened. I also love that the twist up pencil is very thin, so you don't get too thick a line. Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by rubyred1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use powder for my eyebrows but decided to try this pencil out for the convenience. I really liked how the pencil was super skinny (helps make little strokes) but didn't like the fact that it broke so easily. Comb was pretty useless and product runs out really fast. However, the product itself was easy to apply, creamy, not too waxy, and overall I liked the texture.
I got this in Light Brown and would probably repurchase but in a different shade. I have dark brown hair and this shade was way too red for me! I have brown hair but I like my eyebrows to not be too harsh and prefer lighter brows so maybe dark blonde might be the right shade for me since I am hearing that it is more on the tauper side. Super cute green packaging but at the same time I am always scared that I am going to run out of product with only one eyebrow done because I don't think you can twist up and down to see how much product is left.