October 1, 2014 | 1984 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great base for evening lid color out; I put a crease shadow and pigments on the lid with it. Perfectly neutral, good staying power and a big enough pot to use your finger (unlike BB my former cream e/s HG).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by borrricua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect eyeshadow base. It evens out my skin tone and really makes my shadows POP. I think it dries to fast though. I literally have to work superfast, one eye at a time when I use this. Otherwise it sets on my lids and doesn't hold the eyeshadow as well. It's quite prices but unique. This is the ONLY cream shadow that doesn't crease on my oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the shadow I gravitate to when I have no idea what shade to wear. It's always the perfect nuetral and it stays on a fairly long time. Only drawback is the packaging. I think that Mac needs to redo this because it has a tendency to dry out even after a month or two. Even still, I'll continue to purchase this particular shade forever, so Mac, please don't discontinue this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

perfect base for ANY eye shadows !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by rachelmarie80

I love this! Its a great neutral color. I normally dont wear a lot of eye makeup just eyeliner and mascara, but this is great to wear as a base on your lids for a nice polished look. I especially like that it will last forever because it doesnt take much when you put it on. I have worn mac in the past but got away from it because its so expensive, but i think this will be my one mac product that i keep purchasing because it lasts so long. I would definitely recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by NaturalBeautyLovr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product! I love this! Makes my eyeshadow last all day and has yet to crease on me -- even after a long day at work (and I have VERY oily skin, so this is even more amazing!). Will definitely buy this again, though I think a jar lasts forever! I'd had mine for months and there is still a ton left in there, and it's just as creamy as when I first bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bbluvsmac

this and bare study are my HG eye bases. I orginally bought painterly and it cast a purple color on my lid so i returned it and got this and i am sooooo happy i did. :]

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

Started off as a great eyeshadow primer to give a natural colour base, but as time went on it got thick and now makes eyelids look wrinkly! Opposite of what anyone wants! Will not buy again. But I do have two other paintpots; Blackground & Vintage Selection (limited edition?) which have not had this problem, theyre a much better consistency.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went into MAC with every intention of buying Painterly because of recommendations of some of my fave youtube gurus. However, I tried it out and it was wayyy too pink toned for my skin (NC20) and therefore I felt as though it would alter the color of my eyeshadow. I bought it later anyways (but thats a different review) The SA recommended soft ochre as the most neutral color base for my shadows. First off, I love the color. It is perfect for me, blends perfectly against my skin tone, and works great as an all over wash on lazy makeup days and more frequently I use it as a highlighter on my brow bone while using painterly sometimes on my lid. Works great for that. Therefore, I would recommend soft ochre for my pale skinned warmer/neutral tones gals.

However, the consistency is rather dry. It doesn't apply as smooth as I would like it to and find that I have to warm it up between my fingers a bit and hurry to blend it all out over my lid because if I take my time with it, it cakes up a bit on my skin. After a few uses, I got used to it however and have no more problems with the texture. As an eyeshadow base, it actually works quite well. It definitely helps the eyeshadow last for more than a few hours but doesn't hold it up quite as well on my sometimes crazy 12 hour days like my hg NARS eyeshadow primer does although this little jar does last me forever (had it for about a year and barely a quarter through it) vs other eye primers. Overall, pretty good base. I would repurchase for sure :)

--------- edit----------

another great use for this base. I've been getting really bad undereye circles with finals coming up and used this as a corrector underneath my concealer one day since it's yellow toned and there was a huge difference between the eye with it and without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great color for those with yellow undertones in their skin as it has a little bit of a yellowish-cream color. I do love the color and they way it applies, however I would not buy this again and here is why:
First of all if you are buying this as an eyeshadow primer to make your eyeshadow last longer, you are better off going with Urban Decay Primer Potion. This creases and doesnt last long at all. The only way I was able to get this not to crease was to apply UDPP underneath which is completley pointless since this is a base. I will probably use what I have because it will last me forever, but I will not be repurchasing this. One thing I do like this for is on lazy days or on the weekends when I want a polished-but easy look- I will just use this by itself and it give a nice color to the eyelid but like I said it will crease usually with just an hour or so. Overall 3 lippies because it creases and doesnt work well with eyeshadows. I will not be repurchasing this product.