November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

The attribute 'natural' comes from the fact that the finish of this powder is not completely matte, but more like a matte with just a bit of natural luminosity.

My main problem with this powder is its texture. It is not very finely milled and it can definitely look cakey on drier areas of the face. Using it in combination with fix+ helps with that issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by mrh625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gives my skin a beautiful airbrused affect. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by indie23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC powder. I wear this over prolongwear concealer and it stays put all day. The coverage is good (not too heavy, not too light), it looks natural and I feel like my skin can breathe. I used to wear Studio Fix powder but after a while it just felt too heavy for me, so I switched to wearing this with concealer and it's the best my skin has looked in a long time. It's a little pricey, but the compact lasts me 2-3 months, so I guess it could be worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by cuyugang0322

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason I did not give this product a 5 is because the "medium plus" made my yellow undertoned skin look ashy pink. I went back to MAC to find a more suitable shade for my strong yellow undertones, and the rep suggested the medium dark. I'm normally an NC35 during the early summer days, but NC35 can run a little light as I tan throughout the summer. The mineralized skinfinish natural allowed me to keep my NC35 even as I tan. I use the Medium Dark as an all over bronzer to deepen my foundation. I use it to simply set me liquid foundation (currently the MAC pro long wear) or I'll use it by itself over concealer (for light coverage). The formula allows for natural finish that doesn't make you look cakey or overdone. An essential to my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like the consistency of this product. It goes on extremely well and it mattifies my skin the whole day--plus it doesn't make my face look cakey at all. I use this to set my makeup as well as for touch ups the whole day. Sometimes this plus the lipstick I'm wearing will be the only makeup I'll chuck inside my bag when I'm on the go. However, I would've wanted this to come in a mirrored compact rather than just a case to make it easier and quicker to apply. But other than that, I can't live without this baby.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by latina72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have heard a lot, a lot of good reviews for this product (MSF) but honestly, i'm not crazy about it..
for me is just an average good quality powder with NO special effects in my makeup nor finish.
Claims to give you an airbrushed finish... not true, cover girl would do the same.
Color range is so limited and weird. Some colors come with really pink undertones and the rest are yellow (which is better for me) but couldn't find a good match. Medium plus is too dark, and medium too pink.
Package is not my favorite, clear cover pops all the time, cant tell when is over because the pan is a beige color, no mirror and..
Doesn't control oiliness, actually in my opinion, ANY other powder can control oiliness better.
and top 1: super expensive!
Not the best choice, i dont understand why out there is so many people crazy for this powder. why???

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by teray

I am looking for a facial powder that will help me with my Oily T Zone area. I read reviews here in MUA and MAC seems to be the one I am looking for. Having said that, MAC is a bit tricky for me. Years ago, I bought their liquid concealer, the SA tried what he think fits my skin color, looked good, so I bought it. Then when I used it, the shade is like my skin color (fair-medium), it is suppose to be one or two shades lighter, right.? Then I learned that with MAC sometimes the right shade is the one in between Yay! Anyway, going back to this powder, I like this very much but still not happy because, again, the shade is a bit dark for me (Medium-Dark). This despite the fact that I tried different shades that the SA thinks closer to my skin color and me going out of the store to see how it looks in natural light. It does help with my Oily T Zone but I have to reapply every 2 hours. I like that it looks natural when I wear it, not cakey.
UPDATE: I decided that this product is a "getting to know" kind. There are moisturizers that goes with it smoothly and there are that doesn't. But I like it now than before. I am using Giorgio Armani Luminous Foundation (sample) in 5.5 and it blends really nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I could not find a review already started on the Light shade, but that is the shade that I use. Day to day, I only wear this powder and some concealer. No need for foundation because this provides enough coverage for me. I use a face primer first, concealer, then finish everything off with a light dusting of MAC MSF. Done!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by BieberBunny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC mineralized skin finish is great! I use this by it's self everyday, I apply it with a Mac 188 brush and it works amazing! It gives light coverage which is perfect for what I'm using it for. It is well worth the money and I'm definitely repurchasing it since I have already hit pan on it.

I really recommend this product :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by BumbleBee5296

I really dislike this product. It broke me out severely after a week of using it. I was so disappointed because I wanted to like it so much because of all the great reviews on it. Now, mac won't even let me return it.