October 2, 2014 | 998 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I have been a faithful user of the L'Oreal version which has been excellent in terms of look, wear, and quality. This one does seem kinda dry in consistency and texture, but I was attracted to the claim of the 16 hour long wear. I have yet to see how this fares over that a long a period of time, and when I have, I will update. Wish the spf was higher, but hey, can't have everything.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by vagirl4real

I would probably use this for a bronzer not a foundation its really dry looking I have had mines for about a year and still have a whole bottle.
I don't recommend this for a foundation its horrible..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, first off, like everyone says, the packaging is awful, not because of it's design but int he quality of the materials. it is very hard to travel with. When I packed it for a vacation, the darn top broke and I had powder everywhere, causing me to waste a lot of the product (and it's not that cheap). the brush is hard and a bit painful
Now the good qualities about it. The color of deep works great on chocolate/medium brown skinned women (black, indian, samoan, etc.) It looks kinda reddish in the bottle but once you put it on, it blends well. Unlike Bare Minerals, it does not react to the skins oil and turn purple. With Revlon, my skins oil mixes with the powder and it turns into a liquid foundation after a while. It lasts throughout the workday, but definitely not more than 10 hours. If you have dark spots, be sure to weart a lighter colored concealer underneath.
I did buy it again, however, I will NOT travel with it this time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really LOVE this as a finishing powder over my foundation. Oh it is wonderful to apply and stays well. The colour (fair) is perfect for me also.

Applying this by itself has not worked out for me. I love it over foundation and is the Dr Henry Jekyll, but hate it on its own - makes my pores stand out and is the Mr Edward Hyde.

The packaging is really annoying. It's hard to get the powder out, the brush sometimes breaks and then you can't extend it anymore. Really awful packaging.

However the powder is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by BAA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, the packaging of this is a real pain. When you try to open it, sometimes you end up turning the top of it which is supposed to enlarge the brush. Then you have to turn it back and try to open the product again. Also, when I needed more product, I had to turn the product upside down and tap a LOT because so little product comes out of the sieve.

The brush that comes together with the product is no help at all. It sheds, it is not soft and since it is so small, applying it to my face is tiresome cos so little gets onto the product.

After first application, the foundation looks really good on the skin. Coverage is sheer to medium. I wouldn't suggest going further than medium cos it will look totally patchy on the skin.

However, just one hour later, I looked in the mirror while I was out and I looked gross. The foundation was patchy. Redness could show up when I had applied quite heavily to spots. It did not flatter my skin at all. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Overall, it was a huge disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Covers nicely and stays in place well. Doesn't turn shiny at all and looks really natural. I do like their concept for the brush in the lid although it is a bit hard to use at first. Leaves a nice natural/matte finish. Also doesn't settle into fine lines. The coverage isn't very full, but it is enough to add some color and even you out with a very natural look.

Update - Took off 2 lippie's... it does cause me to break out and the sunscreen it contains causes your skin to look whiter when taking a flash picture as I found out the hard way. Its too bad, cuz I really like how it stays in place and doesn't move even when you sweat buckets like I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Miffny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been loyally using Bare Minerals for two years but due to skin misbehaving dry-oily-combo and pigmentation Bare Minerals was simply not covering well .I thought I'd give the Revlon Colorstay in medium a whirl as it's half the price I had nothing to lose.Pleasantly surprised the coverage is fantastic not cakey at all no irritation on my sensitive skin (so far fingers crossed) I also cannot understand all the negative comments I think this one is good value for money the only complaint I have is I wish Revlon would have a higher SPF -10 is not good enough so I still have to use a SPF15 underneath .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cheap, harsh brush.

Minimal coverage.

After about an hour of wearing it I started to get hot and red and itchy. I don't know what is in this, but if you're sensitive or have allergies, by all means, AVOID!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by attieli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm also surprised by how bad the ratings are. I bought this instead of the L'Oreal mineral foundation because Target was out of the L'Oreal. I didn't know what to expect but must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's great. First, I would advise that anyone using this purchase their own brush (I recommend the Sonia Kashuk brushes). Second, to effectively use this powder: sprinkle some on a paper towel and then dip your brush in, tap off the excess gently and powder from the outside in. I use Max Factor Lasting Performance under this and my skin looks absolutely flawless. I blot my face with paper towels throughout the day and my make-up is still good by the end of a long day. I highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by saramariamoon

the packaging was horrible on this product the brush was so bad and the powder got everywhere.I thought it covered okay for like 2hours but it looked weird on me.