Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 12/9/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is a very good primer. I have tried most brands from ELF to NARS and UDPP. They don't seem to keep my shadows on as well as TFSI. I have had a tube for almost a year and it's not even close to being half used up. Granted, I don't use it every day but I am impressed with how little it takes to make my eyeshadow pop. You just use a teensy amount, so paying $20 or so for a tube and it's lasted me this long with no problems-not a bad value overall.

So, for me, TFSI works perfectly. As with most makeup, it is all about our individual chemistry that determines whether a product works for you or not. I have very oily lids and this primer has worked perfectly. Whereas, with the NARS, I had creases just a couple of hours of wear.

I would recommend trying this primer. I have heard that the newer Wet N Wild Fergie primer is a possible dupe. I have purchased this but have not tried it out yet.

on 12/8/2013 12:41:00 PM

I cannot use this,it makes my eyes tear like hell. At first I didn't realize it's the Shadow Insurance that does that,but soon enough. So I do nothing with it,useless...(unless,I haven't tried it as a lip primer,but guess it can't be used like that).

on 12/3/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this product twice, once when I got a sample, and a second time when I decided to purchase it and give it another try. I have very oily skin and I found that this eye primer made my eyeshadow crease very badly, very quickly. I am better off using no primer on my eyelids than using this product because it creases so badly.
I regularly use the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and I have no problems with creasing or shadow wearing off. I would never re-purchase or recommend this product.

on 12/3/2013 3:24:00 AM

I bought this I've used it twice once for the rest when I first bought it. The second time to give it another chance it was terrible, creased, looked oily. Just all around bad.

on 11/23/2013 4:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this product a lot, though I do get similar results just using the cheapie E.L.F. primer. I like how colorless this is, though, and that it's thin yet rather slippery before it dries down, allowing me to blend it around where I want it. I also like that it comes in a tube rather than a wand because applying with a finger gives me better control over application. (Using a wand I always seem to get primer in my eyelashes--not a good look!) In terms of value, like I said I can get by with a much cheaper product, but my tube is going to last me a long time since I only use a tiny dot for each eye.

on 11/21/2013 10:13:00 AM

This eye primer did not work the greatest for me. I have very oily eyelids and even when using this my shadow creased. The consistency was nice and smooth to apply, so perhaps this might work better on someone with less oily eyelids. I prefer NARS eye primer (my HG) and UD Primer Potion to this. The packing on the Shadow Insurance is wonderful though. I would not repurchase.

Works well, and I love the packaging. Too Faced packaging is the cutest. Not cheap, but it's not outrageously pricey.

on 11/17/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing product! My eyeshadow stays in place all day. The packaging is pretty good too. The squeeze tube is sanitary and let's me get out only the amount I need. If you haven't tried this I highly recommend it!

on 11/16/2013 2:14:00 AM

Great!

on 11/14/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the better eye primers that I've tried, maybe better than the UD primer potion. However for my oily lids no primer by itself can help my eye shadows last. I need to use MACs paint pot in painterly and some setting powder over that. Go read my review on the pain pot to see what I do, if you're like me and have really oily lids. :)