Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff, my eyeshadow colours just pop over this primer base. The colours stay just as pigmented/intense till the end of the day even in humid summer weather in Singapore. It costs SG$30 for this small tube but a little goes a long way and could last for a long time.

on 12/30/2013 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

so this stuff makes my eyeshadow crease more? so it totally defeats the purpose of this primer. i dont even have very oily lids but from testing it im positive that my shadow creases more when i use this than without... so im real sad i spent money on this.

on 12/22/2013 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Better than UDPP..about 20% longer anti creasing qualities compared to UDPP. I guess enough said?

on 12/13/2013 1:43:00 PM

My problem with this primer, is that the eyeshadows "stick" on it so hard that it's VERY difficult for me to blend them after i pack them on! I kinda solve this problem by applying a face powder over the areas where i will be blending(mainly along my crease), before i apply any eyeshadow there. Still, i have to be cautious, especially if i want to blend a very dark eyeshadow!

Other than that, it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing for a reasonable amount of time, and i have very oily and hooded eyelids!

The packaging is cool, easy to use and you literally need the tiniest amount! I would say a sesame seed for each eye, which makes it a pretty good value for money.

The consistency is very creamy, so you don't have to drag your eyelid while applying it, yet it sets pretty matte.

After i run out of this, i'll probably try another brand because, while IT IS a good primer, i can't say its ability to keep my eyeshadows from creasing blows my mind. If i don't find anything better within a similar price point, i'll definitely repurchase!

Definitely, though, the best i've tried so far, including some cheap brands and painterly paintpot from Mac (stay away from painterly if you have really oily eyelids!!)

on 12/13/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried a bunch of different eye primers as I get very oily eyelids. This is one of the worst ones I have tried, even the Elf eye primer works wayyy better than this one. Too expensive and not worth the money :(

on 12/9/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Does go on smoothly, and I liked that it didn't leave a too matte of a finish, but unfortunately didn't keep my eyeshadow and oily eyelids crease-free for very long. I don't check on my makeup regularly, but I'd say my eyeshadows started creasing after about 4-5-6 hours. Also, the primer has a tendency to separate. I did shake the tube but I don't think it was helping. If you have oily eyelids, definitely try UDPP, makes my eyeshadow last (almost) all day!

on 12/9/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is a very good primer. I have tried most brands from ELF to NARS and UDPP. They don't seem to keep my shadows on as well as TFSI. I have had a tube for almost a year and it's not even close to being half used up. Granted, I don't use it every day but I am impressed with how little it takes to make my eyeshadow pop. You just use a teensy amount, so paying $20 or so for a tube and it's lasted me this long with no problems-not a bad value overall.

So, for me, TFSI works perfectly. As with most makeup, it is all about our individual chemistry that determines whether a product works for you or not. I have very oily lids and this primer has worked perfectly. Whereas, with the NARS, I had creases just a couple of hours of wear.

I would recommend trying this primer. I have heard that the newer Wet N Wild Fergie primer is a possible dupe. I have purchased this but have not tried it out yet.

on 12/8/2013 12:41:00 PM

I cannot use this,it makes my eyes tear like hell. At first I didn't realize it's the Shadow Insurance that does that,but soon enough. So I do nothing with it,useless...(unless,I haven't tried it as a lip primer,but guess it can't be used like that).

on 12/3/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this product twice, once when I got a sample, and a second time when I decided to purchase it and give it another try. I have very oily skin and I found that this eye primer made my eyeshadow crease very badly, very quickly. I am better off using no primer on my eyelids than using this product because it creases so badly.
I regularly use the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and I have no problems with creasing or shadow wearing off. I would never re-purchase or recommend this product.

on 12/3/2013 3:24:00 AM

I bought this I've used it twice once for the rest when I first bought it. The second time to give it another chance it was terrible, creased, looked oily. Just all around bad.