Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is my HG! I never really have used much foundation, but when I did start it was bare minerals which bothered my skin so bad. I just got this once from my mk rep since she was running a special and fell in love. This is completely buildable to whatever coverage you prefer. I like a medium coverage and I use the super soft mineral foundation brush from mk to apply it & it's a dream application. This foundation last ALL day. I will buy this again! For reference I am NC20-25 Mac and I use Beige 1. I haven't tried any other color when I'm darker but will update if I do

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love my MK mineral powder! I've got oily skin and -since I moved out & mom quit buying me the good makeup ;)-have always been a Covergirl or Maybeline buyer. Both seemed to disappear off my face w/in the first hour. My sis worked for Merle Norman & I used their powder foundation as long as she worked there, but when I ran out I went back to the cheap stuff. Splurged once & got the Almay powder foundation-worked well, but I had to store it in a baggie, it busted up. My SIL sells MK & she had my shade in her overstock (apparently her customers are all fair-skinned) & let me try it. It doesn't slide off my face w/in an hour, I can apply just a bit & it smooths things out, or I can apply more for a perfect looking face (really, I pass a mirror & have to check my face out, flawless coverage). I thought it was an expensive buy, but everyone else is saying it's a good price & since I bought cheap & got cheap, this is probably worth the money spent-I don't have to mix multiple shades to get my "perfect" (saves money there), don't have to buy more when the small package is empty (saves there)... so I guess in the long run, it IS a great bargain!

this powder has really great coverage, much better coverage than bare minerals. my one complaint about this product and the reason i won't buy it again is because it does contain talc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Have always used liquid foundation, but most gave me pimples and all felt greasy after a few hours. This does neither. Its light, and gives me a smooth and matte look. Its not heavy coverage, but i like it that way.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

First off, I used to be a MK consultant, but have long stopped. However, there are still quite a few products I use and recommend.

This is my HG powder. I have a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone, and this blended wonderfully. I do wish it lasted longer, but I've come to learn about face primers. :) And with that, it lasts a lot longer. I've been using this for over 2 years, and each jar lasts me months with everyday use. For touch ups I use the mineral pressed poweder, but I like the loose powder much more than the pressed.

Also if you've ever tried and couldnt get a match, MK came out with 3 more colors for inbetween shades. So if you tried it before but couldn't find a shade, I suggest finding a sample and seeing if any of the new shades work for you.

This is a preliminary review but I am so impressed so far that I just had to rave about it. I just got this today. I have to say I was skeptical at first because I have tried a lot of mineral powder foundations and none of them seemed to last like the Bare Minerals Matte. This instantly made my skin look so smooth and flawless with just the first coat! And it looks so natural with no weird undertones! The BE Matte has good coverage but sometimes it still doesn't smooth out my acne scars and it has golden undertones in it. Also I have been wearing this all day and I'm combination oily and it has not melted off or broken up, just a little shiny but not bad at all. With the BE Matte it would eventually break up around my nose but I accepted that since I am combination oily and would blot and reapply. The package is so much bigger than most mineral foundations and cheaper so you get a lot for your money. Too bad it doesn't have a good container like BE Matte so you can snap it shut for traveling and not have powder come out through the holes.

UPDATE 2/6/10: So I was using this in Ivory 2 and after awhile I noticed it had way too much of a pink undertone so my face would literally look pink and later oxidize to orange. Since I was broke I bought CG's Clean oil control foundation and started putting that on first and setting with this and a transclucent powder and the combination of that toned it down a bit. This is great as a setting powder, really gives you that full coverage flawless finish! My Mary Kay rep gave me Ivory 1 to try. So far I'm not noticing any undertones in it. It's definitely lighter so I don't think I get the exact coverage I like as before if I wear it alone. I'll provide another update on the Ivory 1 after trying it out some more.

I have always used liquid foundation and I just don't like the feeling of heavy makeup on my face. This is the second mineral makeup i've tried and I love it!! I got the brush that you are suppose to use with it and when I put it on, of doesn't even look like I'm wearing any makeup!! Also I love the coverage I just wear this with my concealer and it's sheer and natural looking and it's just enough coverage for me. Another bonus is that it matches my skin tone exactly! This is my new favorite foundation and the second I run out I will buy another one I love it! I don't think I will ever buy a new mineral foundation ever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Very pleased with this product! I am Asian with yellow-undertones and was previously stuck using pink-undertoned make-up. This colour is excellent. I like my make-up light and natural and this is great for that. It doesn't get all shiny after 2 hrs and it's very comfortable directly on top of the MK Timewise moisturizer (I don't like using foundation). I only tried this stuff because a friend of mine suggested it. Before that, I was VERY skeptical of any direct-sales makeup. I only tried it because you can return what you don't like so I had nothing to lose. Very impressed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I agree that this isn't a true mmu, but that is best for my sensitive skin. I really loved the look of BE, good coverage, I even liked the 'glow' but alas it broke me out and made me itch like crazy... as did a couple of mmu's that I tried. This powder is a light coverage powder so alone it doesn't work for me. I've got redness & broken capillaries. BUT, when I use the MK concealer on my red spots, and use this powder I get a really beautiful effect. And neither breaks me out or makes me itch -- yea!!!

I've been a loyal BE user for almost 5 years. My one complaint regarding the foundation though has always been the overall shimmery look. I'm too old for that. I believe the BE accentuates my large pores and fine line wrinkles, but used the Mineral Veil to diminish the effect. Last April I was "talked into" giving a MK party (LOL), and I purchased the MK powder foundation in Ivory 2. I've been using it ever since, and I love it. The color is perfect for me, and it goes on just as smoothly as the BE, but without the shimmer. My pores look almost non-existant as well. I didn't buy the MK brush - my kabuki works just fine. I know that BE now makes a matte version, but besides being more costly, I'm afraid it might look too matte. I'm another one who has occasionally applied a light liquid foundation, and then buffed over with the MK...a really nice look for evening, and it doesn't look or feel like a mask. I'll be giving my dil the MK powder foundation for Christmas. She has occasional problems with breakouts, so we'll see how it works for her. I tend to think though that finding the right moisturizer will cure that problem.