November 26, 2014 | 1636 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by namaenai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a preliminary review but I am so impressed so far that I just had to rave about it. I just got this today. I have to say I was skeptical at first because I have tried a lot of mineral powder foundations and none of them seemed to last like the Bare Minerals Matte. This instantly made my skin look so smooth and flawless with just the first coat! And it looks so natural with no weird undertones! The BE Matte has good coverage but sometimes it still doesn't smooth out my acne scars and it has golden undertones in it. Also I have been wearing this all day and I'm combination oily and it has not melted off or broken up, just a little shiny but not bad at all. With the BE Matte it would eventually break up around my nose but I accepted that since I am combination oily and would blot and reapply. The package is so much bigger than most mineral foundations and cheaper so you get a lot for your money. Too bad it doesn't have a good container like BE Matte so you can snap it shut for traveling and not have powder come out through the holes.

UPDATE 2/6/10: So I was using this in Ivory 2 and after awhile I noticed it had way too much of a pink undertone so my face would literally look pink and later oxidize to orange. Since I was broke I bought CG's Clean oil control foundation and started putting that on first and setting with this and a transclucent powder and the combination of that toned it down a bit. This is great as a setting powder, really gives you that full coverage flawless finish! My Mary Kay rep gave me Ivory 1 to try. So far I'm not noticing any undertones in it. It's definitely lighter so I don't think I get the exact coverage I like as before if I wear it alone. I'll provide another update on the Ivory 1 after trying it out some more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have always used liquid foundation and I just don't like the feeling of heavy makeup on my face. This is the second mineral makeup i've tried and I love it!! I got the brush that you are suppose to use with it and when I put it on, of doesn't even look like I'm wearing any makeup!! Also I love the coverage I just wear this with my concealer and it's sheer and natural looking and it's just enough coverage for me. Another bonus is that it matches my skin tone exactly! This is my new favorite foundation and the second I run out I will buy another one I love it! I don't think I will ever buy a new mineral foundation ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sdmchan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pleased with this product! I am Asian with yellow-undertones and was previously stuck using pink-undertoned make-up. This colour is excellent. I like my make-up light and natural and this is great for that. It doesn't get all shiny after 2 hrs and it's very comfortable directly on top of the MK Timewise moisturizer (I don't like using foundation). I only tried this stuff because a friend of mine suggested it. Before that, I was VERY skeptical of any direct-sales makeup. I only tried it because you can return what you don't like so I had nothing to lose. Very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree that this isn't a true mmu, but that is best for my sensitive skin. I really loved the look of BE, good coverage, I even liked the 'glow' but alas it broke me out and made me itch like crazy... as did a couple of mmu's that I tried. This powder is a light coverage powder so alone it doesn't work for me. I've got redness & broken capillaries. BUT, when I use the MK concealer on my red spots, and use this powder I get a really beautiful effect. And neither breaks me out or makes me itch -- yea!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by shutto

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a loyal BE user for almost 5 years. My one complaint regarding the foundation though has always been the overall shimmery look. I'm too old for that. I believe the BE accentuates my large pores and fine line wrinkles, but used the Mineral Veil to diminish the effect. Last April I was "talked into" giving a MK party (LOL), and I purchased the MK powder foundation in Ivory 2. I've been using it ever since, and I love it. The color is perfect for me, and it goes on just as smoothly as the BE, but without the shimmer. My pores look almost non-existant as well. I didn't buy the MK brush - my kabuki works just fine. I know that BE now makes a matte version, but besides being more costly, I'm afraid it might look too matte. I'm another one who has occasionally applied a light liquid foundation, and then buffed over with the MK...a really nice look for evening, and it doesn't look or feel like a mask. I'll be giving my dil the MK powder foundation for Christmas. She has occasional problems with breakouts, so we'll see how it works for her. I tend to think though that finding the right moisturizer will cure that problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

So far this is my favorite mineral foundation! I first tried Bare Escentuals and felt that it was a little bit drying on my skin, even though I have combination skin. I tried a few drugstore brands and didn't really care for them either. I recently tried the Mary Kay foundation and decided to purchase it. I'm on my second container now and love it! I feel that it really blends into my skin better than other brands. It helps even out my combination skin. The color is perfect!

If you want a heavier coverage, I would recommend using this in ADDITION to a liquid foundation. Even though the coverage is buildable, in my opinion, it's more of a sheer to medium coverage. I also prefer to use my Bare Escentual brushes rather than the Mary Kay brush I purchased. I usually apply some Mary Kay liquid foundation on areas that need a bit more coverage, then use a fluffy brush to apply the mineral foundation all over (a light coat of it). I've been very happy with it and would definitely continue purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by rallis2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I wear foundations, I like sheer coverage. I don't like to look like I'm wearing heavy makeup, and any spots I cover with a dab of concealer. So, I gravitate towards mineral foundations for the light, buildable coverage. I've tried several, and this one from Mary Kay actually has better coverage than others. I usually wear a light coverage, but you could add more for a good medium coverage. This hasn't made me break out at all, and feels good going on, nice finish and good at evening out my skin tone. Toward the end of the day, I usually get a little shiny, but I've noticed I don't look quite as shiny with this than with other minerals I've tried. I use the next to lightest shade, but I don't use the Mary Kay foundation brush. The brush from The Body Shop is MUCH better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find it very difficult to wear foundation. I train horses, and I am obviously outside all of the time, and it is near to impossible to find a foundation that I can wear and it not be obvious that I am wearing it. I was talked into buying this by a customer whose best friend sells it, and I actually like it. I've tried several mineral foundations and I couldn't stand them. BE was shiny and obvious, Jane Iredale was okay, but after a few hours became blotchy, there was another one I forget the name of and it was terrible from the word go. This really looks like I'm not wearing makeup, but my skin is even-toned and smooth looking with no shininess. It seems to last all day; at least by the end of the day my skin is still even looking and doesn't look faded or blotchy. This doesn't highlight all the fine, downy hairs on my face that seem to show up when other foundation is on. It applies very easily, and I use the MAC stippling brush to apply it....if I use my kabuki it applies a too heavy coverage that seems to be masklike to me. I don't want to look perfect, because you just CAN'T when you are outside...but I do want to look like I have good healthy skin. I want to be pretty! All in all I am quite satisfied with how I look when wearing this outside, satisfied with the color and the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by black1970

I am a dark skinned African American, and this powder made me look deceased. I like the coverage, but MK has a long way to go to get the color (there are only two colors for African American's) right.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this product. It's ok, I'm not sure if I would buy it again.

Pros:
- comes in a super light colour for fair Irish maidens like me
- did not make me break out
- price was pretty decent at $20 CAD

Cons:
- did not cover as well as BE (I mixed it with a darker shade of BE for the summer and to get more coverage)
- the lid has a ring around the inside, so all the product got stuck there when I swirled my brush

I like the flat top brush and found it better than the BE one (that comes with the starter kit).