L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

on 9/4/2009 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this long wearing gloss. I just bought the plumping style of Infallible and I love it. It tingles slightly and stays put well. It doesn't dry mouth lips out, it plumps them, the colors are great!

on 9/1/2009 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A pretty darn good lipgloss. I hate having to constantly reapply my lip colour/gloss throughout the day so I like products that stick around for longer than usual. I am a fan of MAC lipglass and its staying power but hated how it's price kept creeping up so I was always on the hunt for a cheaper alternative.

I think I've finally found it. This gloss reminds me of lipglass in many ways but is much more widely available and cheaper to boot.

Texture: This gloss is smooth, yet sticky. Let me say that again, it is sticky. I even find it a touch stickier than lipglass. But it doesn't bother me. The sticky factor is what makes it stay put. It is a touch drying, but hey most long wearing lip products are. You gotta take the bad with the good, right? Just use a good lip balm at the end of the day. The product also tends to some some of its glossiness after a few hours. It also has a vague, fruity scent to it that isn't too strong (thankfully).

Lasting power: This product claims to last for 6 hours but it doesn't. It lasts about 3.5 hours on me which is all I think you can expect from a lipgloss. I only need to reapply once over the course of a work day which rocks my world! This product stays on fairly well through eating and drinking, but you will likely need to reapply afterwards. It is not by any means transfer resistant.

Colours: Good range of hues ranging from pale, cool pink to deep berry/plum and red to warm corals/peaches and browns/beiges. Most of the shades have shimmer. I wish there were more neutral YLBB shades though as the one nude shade 'Barely Nude' is a touch too orangey on me. I also have 'Blush', a neutral, sheer medium pink with shimmer and 'Coral Sands', a beautiful gleaming peachy pink which reminds me of a cross betwen MAC lipglass in Enchantress and Prrrr. Love both these shades!

Application tips: Make sure your lips are clean and smooth. Apply the gloss, then keep your mouth open while it sets, about a minute or two. Do not rub your lips together white it is setting or else you may end up with a mess. A long wearing lipliner works well with this for some definition. Also before you reapply, wipe off any remaining traces of the gloss. I made the mistake once of not doing this and the result was a clumpy mess.

Packaging: Unique, flexible doe foot wand and the cap has a tiny mirror on top with which you can check your application. Neat. Me likey.

Price: about $9 Canadian but goes on sale frequently. I've purchased it for as little as $4.50 Canadian.

Overall: A good, affordable, relatively long wearing lip gloss. But you will only like it if you can tolerate sticky glosses. If you can't, then look elsewhere.

As for myself, I will definitely repurchase this! :)

Ingredients: Here ya go, straight from a L'Oreal printout I found by their display at a store,

on 8/15/2009 3:22:00 PM

I am a lip-anything junkie. I seriously need to stop buying them as they are crowding every makeup bag, pocket, and storage area I can keep my makeup! That being said, I have quite a lot of experience with lipglosses and this is a very nice one! It has everything I like in a lipgloss: shiny, beautiful color selection, plumping action, easily used applicator, and *I* personally enjoy a sticky texture - it gives your lips a little sexy "stick" when pouting those babies ;D

I would never buy another lipgloss again... IF this had SPF in it. :X

on 8/7/2009 7:43:00 PM

How do they get away with advertising this as 6 hours? I'd be pushing it to say it lasted 2 hours on me. I got it in the lightest color - 105 Petal and it was beautiful when I put it on in my car. That initial excitement didn't last long though as time went on it lost most of its lustre.

It has a menthol taste - which I assume has something to do with staying power? There is no ingredients list on the package, so I have no idea what is really in it.

I got this one on clearance for $6. Even that was a bit high. The only time I'd repurchase is if it went down to $2-3 on clearance.

on 8/3/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Some may not like its sticky feeling, but it is the sticky that makes this staying long hours. I was so surprised to find out that it doesn't fall after my sipping cups of drink. It doesn't fall even if I rinse the mouth either. Even if I wipe my lips, it doesn't come off. Great for people like me who is lazy to reapply lipgloss! But there's still one thing that need to be mentioned: Do not reapply often or wipe the lips off because it could end up looking blotchy, and plus the shimmer, it could looks drying. I prefer the shades with fewer shimmer. Once applying, just leave them there and do not worry to bother.

on 7/31/2009 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I just purchased this lipgloss in a beautiful red color. Absolutely gorgeous and I would definitely repurchase.

on 7/14/2009 11:57:00 PM

Very sticky!!! I bought this so I could use it as a gloss on top of my matt lipstick. It ruined my lips - made them extremely dry!
I used it on my bare lips and it looks dreadful! Guess what you get for the price :(

on 7/10/2009 6:27:00 PM

AWFUL!! GOOEY, STICKY AND TOTALLY UNNATURAL!!!

on 7/4/2009 4:04:00 AM

I tried out several of these lipglosses in different colors and the results were pretty much the same. The color looked good & the texture was pretty good. I didn't find it too sticky or tacky feeling. I didn't even mind the applicator. The gloss is long wearing but when it does start to fade I was left w/that goop that you get in the inner corner of your lips when you're dehydrated (& I wasn't dehydrated). it looked gross. I had this experience w/each of the glosses i tried & i haven't experienced this w/any other glosses.

on 6/25/2009 6:31:00 AM

I don't really like this lipgloss expecially because of the annoying wand. I don't particualry like the feel of it on my lips and I don't like the colour either so I wouldn't buy this again.

Popular Lip Glosses