Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 11/9/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love, love, love this stuff!!! I have oily and acne prone skin and I never thought in a million years I would put more oil on my face to moisturize it. I'm so glad I went against my judgement on this one! To me this stuff is liquid gold!! It moisturizes my face so well and it is so soothing. I have to use BP every night to keep my acne at bay and it is such a relief when I put this Argan oil on. It is pretty expensive, but I definitely think it is worth it. I have bought other cheaper brands of Argan oil and for some reason they didn't feel the same as the Josie Maran one. It seemed to take forever for them to sink in. The Josie Maran oil sinks in pretty fast for me. Now I only buy Josie Maran's. I also use a tiny bit on the ends of my hair after I dry and flat iron it and it makes my hair look so much smoother. I hope this is never discontinued!!

on 11/8/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So I have been hearing all the hype about this product and finally decided to try it. I do not have oily skin I have combo skin at best. My skin to me feels dry and tight and itchy so coming into winter I decided to try this oil. After showering, I put 3-5 drops on my damp (but not wet) face. The next morning I woke up and put on my makeup and I STILL HAVE FLAKES. Grrrrrrrrr. So aggravating. I tried using with a few drops in my moisturizer and same thing. Not sure I can mess up the use of this, it's oil. How hard can it be to use? Anyway, I now have 3, 1oz bottles and if anything I will use in combination with my body moisturizer. As far as my face goes, not sure this stuff is worth the obnoxious price considering you can get argan oil for less elsewhere.

on 11/7/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this!! I use it as a face moisturizer, and also put 2-3 drops in my body lotion! After the first 2 weeks of using this, my acne scars started clearing up, my skin was glowing, and I had absolutely NO active acne! A very versatile product and SO worth the $$!

on 11/2/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've heard great things about Argan Oil so one day at Sephora I decided to buy the small bottle to try it out. I have oily skin, so I'm a bit concerned about putting this on my face, especially since I have a TON of blackheads and heard this can be very pore unfriendly. BUT - I LOVE this as a hair product. I have thick wavy hair that is pretty brittle and dry from daily use of heat products and the occasional coloring. After getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair, I put 3 drops on my fingers and work the oil just through the ends of my hair and than style as normal (still use other products). This has kept my ends feeling amazingly soft and I have fewer fly aways as well. I really do love this for hair. I subtracted 2 lippies for cost though. If I used it for other stuff like my face, than maybe it'd be better, but just for hair, it is expansive. It does seem to last a long time - even though I spilled almost half when I first got it :( it's been 2+ months and I still have a good 3rd of the bottle left.

on 11/1/2013 10:49:00 PM

This product really made my eyelashes grow beautifully and helped lighten up blotchy spots on skin. I feel like it reduced wrinkles under my eyes. I love the foundation as well

on 10/29/2013 2:15:00 AM

Well I never really get pimples probably 1x/3 months ... But the one time I used this product it gave me 3 cystic acne bumps on my forehead, cheek and chin... That took weeks to settle.
I'm so afraid to give it another try :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great skin-balancing non poreclogging but intensive moisturizer. Great on it's own, but also works great with any moisturizer (cream or lotion) that may work for you. I personally have very dry skin and use it on its own but also with Bare Escentuals Purely Nourishing moisturizer. Both work great to heal and soothe my extra dry skin without making it feel heavy or give me any risk much at all for breakouts. But Argan Oil is such a special ingredient and is one of the best things for any skin type as it hydrates but also heals and balances oily skin too. And, it's completely natural and the stuff from Josie Maran is this wonderful ingredient in its most natural form and the topmost quality out there, Try it! Love it and I know you will too!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've been using this liquid gold for more than a week and i guess its not "sufficient" time to write a thorough review BUT this stuff is great! For a teenage girl that has hormonal break outs, i thought this was the reason i was having spot acne but turns out i just restarted my cycle. And this was actually helping the spots less swell and less painful to touch! And after 1-2 days the spot would be almost completely gone! I also noticed my skin's radiance and texture has improved, i don't intend to exaggerate but this gave my skin a lot love. And the fact that it's versatile and a 100% organic argan oil and not some chemically treatment is just heavenly. This is quite pricey though, $14-17 for the travel size and $42 for the 1.7 fl. oz. I suggest splurging on the travel size first c:

on 10/13/2013 8:47:00 PM

I swear by the Argan oil. I don't care what some people say about how there is nothing special about the oil since any oil will do the trick, and that using the argan oil as a key ingredient does not prove anything regarding its benefits. If that was true then there wouldn't be any results whats so ever. I am a recent follower of Paula's Choice skin care line and even though I do love it since it improved my skin like no other, I still think the Argan oil is a better moisturizer for my combo skin. I use Paula's Hydrolight moisturizer which is suppose to be perfect for combo oily skin, however this time a year (Fall/Winter) it can make my face feel quite tight. So what I do is I use the Hydrolight on my oily T-zone and I use Josie Maran's Argan Light oil on the rest of my face. The results are so obvious since my skin is soft, supple and radiant and is no longer tight or dehydrated. I agree that it's overpriced and if you dig around you'll be able to find cheaper Argan oil products, but I usually wait for Josie's products to go on special Holiday deals and don't pay the full price.

on 10/13/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can't give this as many lippies as I'd like because it is so overpriced. You can buy pure, USDA certified organic Argan oil for a fraction of the price all over the internet. And by fraction I really mean it: we're talking 75% less.

That being said, Argan oil has been the best for me out of all of the facial oils. Chia seed oil is better but harder to find. I think you're going to see chia more often just like you saw emu and jojoba oils become popular.

I use Argan oil twice a day on my face. 3 drops in the summer and five in the winter will do the trick. I put the drops in my hand and then spray a calming toner or even distilled water over it and then mix together. I find it's much easier to distribute this way and I use less product.

I'll use it on other parts of my body as well but my hair is very fine Argan is just too heavy for it. If I use too much I get some slight congestion but nowhere near full-on acne. My skin breaks out at the drop of a hat but this oil seems to be OK. I wouldn't say it helps my acne but I think it does help heal acne scars, new and old, and minor cuts.