October 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been using this specific product for about 3 months now (I've used other Argan brands from the health food store before). I've been using it on my face, body and hair with really nice results. It's a lovely moisturizer applied to damp skin, and leaves skin soft and smooth. It's also great to use on irritated or tender skin if you use retinoids and other actives. I rub a few drops together on my palms to smooth through my hair once I'm done styling and to tame flyaways, and it gives a nice healthy shine to my hair. For oilier skinned people (I have oily skin), I have noticed that I can't use this in the morning underneath makeup, because it makes me too oily during the day. That aside, this is a great multi-use product to have in your bathroom cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this stuff because I love it so much! It's pricey but it lasts a long time since you only use a few drops at a time.

I use this as a moisturizer for my face. I put about 3-4 drops in my palms and pat this onto my face. I then lightly rub it in like I would a moisturizer. It takes a few minutes for my skin to absorb this and then I apply whatever other products I am using that day.

Just to give you an idea of my skin type: It's normal, slightly oily at times, almost never breaks out (even when I was a teen). It's sensitive in that it seems to do best with as few ingredients as possible so I look for skincare with very basic ingredients or use oils. I'm only 37 so I don't have any major aging issues yet.

This oil doesn't do anything miraculous to my skin since I already have pretty decent skin but it moisturizes it without making it more oily and doesn't irritate my face like some other products can.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by leighcameron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very very very dry skin and I love this stuff- it has made a huge difference in my skin and subsequently my make up application. It's expensive but it lasts a long time. I have used several bottles of this and I will continue to buy to buy this because of my dry skin. Because my skin is so dry I feel like I am constantly applying "stuff" to my face- i love that I don't have to worry about the ingredients that I am being exposed to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those so-called "do it all" multi-use products that actually lives up to the hype! I'm on my second bottle and have used it on my face, cuticles, legs (a few drops added to my everyday lotion), and scalp. I've noticed that a few drops of this oil has an almost magical effect on blemishes, particularly those that may have been picked at or popped. (I know, I know. But we all do it. Right?)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would love to repurchase this lovely oil but unfortunately I am not balling. Other than the nausea-inducing price, I find that it works really well with my skin. Jojoba oil is my HG oil but I loved adding a couple drops of this argan oil which seemed to give my skin even more of a glow! It seemed to balance my skin as well, and left a very soft, comfortable feeling on my skin after absorbing in. I didn't try using this on my hair because OF THE PRICE. *ahem* There are good quality argan oils you can get in other places but I find that the consistency and quality of Josie Maran's is unbeatable (for now!). This argan oil didn't break out my super sensitive acne-prone skin, but I have used other argan oils that did! Either way I love this but I probably won't be able to afford living if I repurchased this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually wait a bit before writing reviews, but I just got this yesterday and used it last night as my moisturizer and again this morning and I had to write something about how amazing this product is. A little background: The past few weeks I've been breaking out really badly around my chin and my nose. One of those bouts when every time you look in the mirror, a new red bump appears. Gah! It's maddening. My skin has been so great up until lately. Now thinking back, there are a few things that could have caused this hell...weather change (it recently just started hitting 90-100 degrees in NYC), Sugary foods (The past 2 weeks with birthday cake, and junk in the office, and ice cream every time the truck shows up) and lack of exercise (my gym was closed and I'm a huge believer in sweating out toxins). Anyway, I attacked the breakouts too aggressively with a number of products containing sulfur, BP, SA and alcohol. I dried my skin out something terribly. Now my skin was peeling and my pimples were inflamed and aggravated. GREAT. FML. So, I decided I need something quick and fortunately there is a Sephora right near my office. Trying to get away from parabens and fragrance and phthalates I go for the straight up Josie Maran Argan Oil. I put some on in Sephora and my dry skin looked so much better! That night I cleansed with Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil (love, separate review to follow) and added a little more Argan Oil. 2 drops for my whole face. I decide not to treat the pimples with anything additional... The next morning, the pimples were reduced in size and less red. Everything seems to have calmed down a little bit. They were not gone, but they were not nearly as angry as they were the day before. The dry skin that was flaking off and peeling looked nourished and somewhat back to normal. Never in my life have I experienced a miracle product, but I am a firm believer in this Argan Oil. I re-read about it on Sephora and Argan Oil prevents inflammation, excess oil production and is healing. ITA!!! I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, but Josie Maran's Argan Oil is what helped me when I needed it most.

Update: While I still think this is great, I probably won't repurchase.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Pokiloki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well... it's argan oil. Argan oil is amazing no matter what but this stuff is way too expensive. I recommend going on ebay and buying a cold pressed argan oil. Just make sure it's organic. I was able to find a local seller which is cool. I do like the bottle it came in and I still use it and just refill it. Always keep oils in an amber glass bottle to prevent the sun from damaging them as fast. I like to use this on my dry areas and on my wrinkles to fill them up a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Karinnne

Good product, provides great moisture. Not too wow about it but would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Mariamcc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It has so many different uses. I apply it on my hair, cuticles, lips and skin. I will not travel without it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Since my skin is oily and my hair is very thick and a bit dry, I have been using this product only on my hair. I would describe Josie Maran's Argan Oil as a lighter weight, less fragrant version of MoroccanOil in superior packaging. For me it's simply not as effective a product for dry/damaged hair as MoroccanOil is, and I do prefer the (admittedly stronger, but pleasant) scent of MoroccanOil. This product comes with a pipette delivery system that makes it easier to use than MoroccanOil, though, and definitely nicer for travel. If you are looking for a multi-use argan oil, then this is definitely a solid choice, but if dry/damaged hair is your primary concern then MoroccanOil is a better product, and similar in price.