Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.9

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 9/29/2013 9:45:00 PM

I never expected to like this product. If I am being honest, I bought it because YouTube beauty guru Jaclyn Hill recommended it and said that no matter what your skin type is, oil is good for you.

So, I was a bit apprehensive putting this on my combination skin, fearing breakouts or an even oilier T-zone than I was used to dealing with. Instead, I woke up in the morning with amazingly soft and smooth skin. I still am a bit skeptical about the oil on oilier skin, so I only use it about two or three nights a week depending on how my skin looks and feels.

I love combining this with lotions to get moisturizing and soothing benefits all in one and helping to clear my skin. The dropper makes it easy to control how much product you are getting and to help prevent waste.

Edit: Now that it is winter, I have fallen more and more in love with beauty oils. I rotate this with the Fresh Seaberry Oil as well as a Rose Hips one by Mario Badescu. I love how thick this oil is. I only use it at night but I can see how great it has been for my skin the very next morning after I use it. My skin is softer, more radiant, and I no longer have dry patches which is a pretty big deal. If I had to chose one, I think that this one would be one of my very favorites but I might try the light one in order to use it for both day and night.

on 9/18/2013 9:35:00 PM

Loooooovvvve this oil. Light,no fragrance,no artificial colors,super moisturizing,cheap, affordable I put it on my skin at night then the next day my acne was not there anymore!!!! It's not greasy or perfumed and it has a "nutty" argan scent amazing I got mine a sephora I recommend it to anyone especially with oily or dry skin if you have oily skin get it in light mine is in light it's costs $48.99 plus tax was $52.00 so pretty good :)

on 9/12/2013 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this item! It's so moisturizing for my ski and even my cuticles! I apply it at night and I already have really oily skin but this doesn't make me break out or make me oiler. It's not rich enough for hair (my thoughts) but its great for skin and cuticles. I love it!

on 9/8/2013 12:52:00 AM

OMG love this! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I mix it with Cetaphil and use on my whole body. I use 3-4 drops for my face and about 2-3 drops in my hair. This stuff is amazing! My awful flaky dry skin looks so healthy! And it is really healing my skin not just masking the dry! I have acne prone skin.... does not break me out. Buy this you wont be sorry!

on 8/21/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this Argan oil, will not go a day without it. I mix it in equal amounts with the Estée Lauder Synchronized Recovery Night Serum. Since starting this regimen my skin has simply glowed and my rosacea is completely under control. I get compliments on my skin even when I'm not wearing a stitch of makeup!!! I'm hooked for life!!!

on 8/21/2013 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

So I have combination skin that can be sensitive. I decided to try this because of all the great reviews claiming this product was a savior. This oil gave me serious acne. Every time I used it I would get hard painful bumps. It was ok at moisturizing my face but my skin would get SO oily immediately. I used this on my dry hands and it was just alright. Vitamin e or jojoba oil would've worked just as well for my dry spots, if not better for a lower cost. Definitely not worth the price for me. Such a shame since it seems to work well for a lot of people :(

on 8/18/2013 9:14:00 PM

I've been using this Argan oil for about 7 months now - I use on my cuticles, hair and my face. I really haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin, it hasn't helped my dry, ragged cuticles and I have used better oils on my hair. I would probably repurchase argan oil - just not this brand - as I think it is way overpriced and it would sell for cheaper at a food store. I do like using it as night treatment... I feel like it has make my skin smoother and more hydrated.

on 8/18/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot go to sleep without putting this on as a "night cream". It makes my skin so smooth, like warm butter, and by the morning I am glowing. I was so weirded out with the idea of putting oil on my face-like won't that clog my pores? But nope. This product works wonders and makes my skin so beautiful. Definitely give it a try. If your skin doesn't agree with it, you can still use it as a hand moisturizer or for your hair. Your money definitely won't be wasted :)

on 8/9/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this oil- I bought it at sephora as part of a set with Josie Maran's matchmaker foundation, argan oil and sunscreen lotion. I don't apply this oil directly on my skin, but I'll mix it with a moisturizer at night, use it as an under eye treatment & in my hair. I made the mistake of using about 2 dropper full in my hand and applied to damp hair- what a mistake! It made my hair greasy & dirty looking- I couldn't wait to wash it out! My mistake though- I should've used less! I do love using this on my ends before going to bed, put my hair in a loose bun then wash it out in the morning. And also on no-shampoo days, I'll use a few drops to soften the ends and tame flyaways. I'll mix it with hand lotion before going to bed- it doesn't feel too heavy. I just go the featherlight version and love it!
Thank you Josie!

The difference this stuff has made to my skin is actually unbelievable. I have combination skin with a tendency to get very rough, flaky, and dry patches underneath my eyes and around my mouth, and getting rid of these patches can be next to impossible.

I bought a small bottle of this on a whim and after hearing some good things about this particular brand of oil. I started using a couple of drops every night, and I could feel the difference the next day. My skin felt so smooth and fresh! I immediately wanted to jump on here and write a review singing its praises, but I didn't want to jump the gun. I'm now entering my 4th week of using this religiously, and it really is every bit as good as i initially thought it would be. My undereyes are no longer flaking and my skin is so nice and baby soft.

Once this bottle runs out I'm going to purchase the larger size. it's pricy, but for me, it's worth every penny. I'm in loooove.